Best iTunes Movie Deals


Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Army of Darkness (iTunes)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
The Menu (iTunes)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
I Know What You Did Last Summer (iTunes)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
Red Rocket (iTunes)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
Fantastic Beasts 3-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Kingdom of Heaven (iTunes)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
The Worst Person in the World (iTunes)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
Commando (iTunes)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
Shaun of the Dead (iTunes)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
Pulp Fiction (iTunes)
$6.99
13 hrs ago
Thor 4-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$34.99
 
Some Like It Hot (iTunes)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2018, 01:20 AM   #1
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
212
716
69
738
2
61
Default Still getting UV rights on FandangoNow?

So I've had something weird happen...

At the end of July, I redeemed codes on UV for 7 of the seasons of Big Bang Theory - seasons 1, 5-10.

Of that list, 1, 5-9 all show up in my FandangoNow account. 10 does not. Realistically, none of them should have transferred because they theoretically lost UV status when MA took over.

So what's the deal? Has anyone else had this happen with titles that supposedly lost UV status? And has anyone purchased a title on FDN that wasn't supposed to be UV but ended up in their account?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:29 AM   #2
TheDean TheDean is offline
Moderator
 
TheDean's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
257
261
2823
1348
1904
2042
2461
103
1
10
160
Default

As Far as I know TV shows were not impacted by MA. Especially from Warner Bros.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:25 AM   #3
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
212
716
69
738
2
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDean View Post
As Far as I know TV shows were not impacted by MA. Especially from Warner Bros.
So they just removed the UV symbol but they're still UV?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:33 AM   #4
PaulMe PaulMe is offline
Active Member
 
PaulMe's Avatar
 
Dec 2013
WA, USA
235
2423
380
510
853
511
49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
So they just removed the UV symbol but they're still UV?
Well, you could go look at:
https://www.myuv.com

To see if they're UV or not.

Also where did you redeem these codes?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:43 AM   #5
crackedknee crackedknee is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
crackedknee's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
117
446
186
1519
869
25
593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
So they just removed the UV symbol but they're still UV?
Yes, FN merely removed the UV symbol.

If you buy a movie that is UV and on FN with only the MA symbol (because you have FN connected to MA), it will port only to MA, and not UV.

But if you redeem UV anywhere else, Vudu, Sony Pictures, etc, those items will load from your UV locker as UV in FN. If your app is like mine, you can load your UV list and your MA list separately. And new UV items will load in, whether UV only, or UV and MA (like Warner and Sony).
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:58 PM   #6
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
212
716
69
738
2
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMe View Post
Well, you could go look at:
https://www.myuv.com

To see if they're UV or not.

Also where did you redeem these codes?
Re-read what I wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
At the end of July, I redeemed codes on UV for 7 of the seasons of Big Bang Theory - seasons 1, 5-10.


Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedknee View Post
Yes, FN merely removed the UV symbol.

If you buy a movie that is UV and on FN with only the MA symbol (because you have FN connected to MA), it will port only to MA, and not UV.

But if you redeem UV anywhere else, Vudu, Sony Pictures, etc, those items will load from your UV locker as UV in FN. If your app is like mine, you can load your UV list and your MA list separately. And new UV items will load in, whether UV only, or UV and MA (like Warner and Sony).
But what happens if I wanted to purchase seasons 2-4 on FDN (since they're on sale right now)? Would they transfer out as UV?

Last edited by IndyMLVC; 09-18-2018 at 02:02 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:05 PM   #7
crackedknee crackedknee is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
crackedknee's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
117
446
186
1519
869
25
593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
But what happens if I wanted to purchase seasons 2-4 on FDN (since they're on sale right now)? Would they transfer out as UV?
That I don't know, as I only usually get movies, but I do know that a UV movie purchased on FN will make it to the UV locker. The notable exceptions being Lionsgate, many of those are a problem (probably on Lionsgate's end). I bought a few HBO episodes on FN and those ported, but that was a while ago.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:13 PM   #8
crackedknee crackedknee is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
crackedknee's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
117
446
186
1519
869
25
593
Default

So I went and checked something just now. I was just recalling something I remember other people talking about. There was a sort of a trick to seeing if a TV season is UV on FN or not. Basically you look up a TV series, go to the season in question. THEN you have to click on the TV season number once more. This will display a UV symbol if the season is UV in FN (for example, try The Pacific and Mad Men, those work like that, and both of those I have gotten seasons or episodes on FN and they ported to the UV locker).

That said, I think the reason I and most people never got much TV from FN was because most of their TV, even when it was UV in Vudu, was not UV in FN. I remember almost buying something years ago on FN, and realizing it would be stuck in FN (and only FN) and would not have ported the Vudu (and, at that time, Flixster).

So when I go to Big Bang Theory, I don't see any indication that those are UV, and I would bet they never were UV on FN
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:57 PM   #9
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
212
716
69
738
2
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedknee View Post
So I went and checked something just now. I was just recalling something I remember other people talking about. There was a sort of a trick to seeing if a TV season is UV on FN or not. Basically you look up a TV series, go to the season in question. THEN you have to click on the TV season number once more. This will display a UV symbol if the season is UV in FN (for example, try The Pacific and Mad Men, those work like that, and both of those I have gotten seasons or episodes on FN and they ported to the UV locker).

That said, I think the reason I and most people never got much TV from FN was because most of their TV, even when it was UV in Vudu, was not UV in FN. I remember almost buying something years ago on FN, and realizing it would be stuck in FN (and only FN) and would not have ported the Vudu (and, at that time, Flixster).

So when I go to Big Bang Theory, I don't see any indication that those are UV, and I would bet they never were UV on FN
They definitely were UV on FN. They're in my UV account on FN.

And, guess what? If you purchase them on FN today, they port!

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
crackedknee (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 03:57 AM   #10
crackedknee crackedknee is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
crackedknee's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
117
446
186
1519
869
25
593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
They definitely were UV on FN. They're in my UV account on FN.

And, guess what? If you purchase them on FN today, they port!
Great!! I wonder how you can tell then, except to actually buy something and then find out if it ports or not. Not that I intend to buy a bunch of TV on FN now, but maybe something, sometime.

I had almost forgotten that I had BBT season 8 (I was testing the code once, and redeemed it by accident). I just checked FN and they are viewable in FN, though it was a case where I redeemed in Vudu.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:48 PM   #11
Sayonara808 Sayonara808 is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2008
Aloha State
126
1201
552
749
577
540
8
Default

I purchased 20 movies using the mobile app. Seven of them were UV & all 7 movies ported over to https://www.myuv.com/ & FandangoNow.

Casualities of War
Deliverance
Killing Fields, The
Ocean's Eleven
Pianist, The
Set It Off (Director's Cut)
Tucker: The Man & His Dream

Last edited by Sayonara808; 10-10-2018 at 06:55 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:38 PM   #12
hanshotfirst1138 hanshotfirst1138 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
hanshotfirst1138's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
2
913
125
23
Default

My code of M:I Fallout seems to have redeemed UV according to Vudu, but isn’t showing up in FN.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:34 PM   #13
steve_dave steve_dave is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Nov 2008
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 View Post
My code of M:I Fallout seems to have redeemed UV according to Vudu, but isnít showing up in FN.
FandangoNow does not offer UV compatibility with M: I Fallout. It can be bought from FNow but itíll stay in FNow and it wonít flow in from UV libraries until FNow adds UV compatibiity.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:56 AM   #14
hanshotfirst1138 hanshotfirst1138 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
hanshotfirst1138's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
2
913
125
23
Default

They don’t offer UV compatibility with a particular movie? I have other ultraviolet titles in there that work. Why would this one not?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:12 AM   #15
steve_dave steve_dave is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Nov 2008
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 View Post
They donít offer UV compatibility with a particular movie? I have other ultraviolet titles in there that work. Why would this one not?
There is no UV logo so no UV compatibility:

https://www.fandangonow.com/details/...8437306F9B990D

There is a UV logo for this title so it has UV compatibility:

https://www.fandangonow.com/details/...i=0&eci=movies
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:42 AM   #16
steve_dave steve_dave is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Nov 2008
20
Default

Either its a glitch or its a sign of things to come but the Ultraviolet section of Library is gone on my XBox One app. The last title to port in via UV for me was Tomb Raider ‘18 and that came in as SD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:59 AM   #17
madmod20061 madmod20061 is offline
Special Member
 
Jan 2012
1814
641
273
Default

Venom just popped into my uv account from Fandangonow. Crazy. It's not listed as UV at FN. It transferred to my Vudu sub-accounts via UV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:33 PM   #18
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
212
716
69
738
2
61
Default

It's still working for me. I purchased the last two seasons of Big Bang Theory that I needed when they were $9.99. They all ported through UV like normal.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:01 PM   #19
slaizer2000 slaizer2000 is offline
Expert Member
 
Mar 2007
Rochester NY
67
1117
15
Default

Paramount and Lionsgate did not join Moviesanywhere. So Mission Impossible: fallout won't show up in Moviesanywhere and therefore you won't have a direct port/link between Fandango and Vudu directly. Fandango gets around this (I think) by supporting both Moviesanywhere and Ultraviolet (VUDU). From their drop down they have a choice for movies or ultraviolet. Picking either of those will show moviesanywhere or vudu stuff depending on what you pick. You will also see fandango has a Tvshows option too. I don't have digital TV shows but I would think your shows may show up under there vs Movies or Ultraviolet.

On a PC if you go to the library pulldown menu you will have several choices (see attached screen capture). Movies is for Moviesanywhere and Ultraviolet is for VUDU.

Since Moviesanywhere can't act as the middleman between UV and Fandango for Paramount and Lionsgate movies be sure you go in to FandangoNow and link it to both your moviesanywhere and your ultraviolet libraries (see 2nd screen capture).

Of course all this is confusing but hopefully helps if you don't have the proper links setup.

Things to keep in mind trying to keep this stuff sorted out as it is confusing. Your digital movies are kept in the cloud via digital libraries which currently are Ultraviolet and MoviesAnywhere (there may be others? Maybe Itunes or Appletv but I don't use either). The client sw used to access your digital libraries in the cloud are Vudu, Amazon Video, Google play, Youtube, Fandangonow, Flixster (not in the U.S. anymore), Moviesanywhere (browser on computer), Itunes, Appleplay/tv, etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (64.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Capture2.JPG (59.8 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by slaizer2000; 12-11-2018 at 06:12 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:19 PM   #20
slaizer2000 slaizer2000 is offline
Expert Member
 
Mar 2007
Rochester NY
67
1117
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmod20061 View Post
Venom just popped into my uv account from Fandangonow. Crazy. It's not listed as UV at FN. It transferred to my Vudu sub-accounts via UV.
I believe since this Movie is Sony that supports both UV and MoviesAnywhere's it ports nicely between digital lockers and your sub-vudu accounts/movie players automatically.
If a movie is redeemable in UV and moviesanywhere regardless of where you redeem it (i think) it will flow in to your vudu sub accounts. IF the movie is only redeemable in Moviesanywhere it will port to your main vudu account since that is what you link it to. Since you cannot link it also to your sub accounts it will not flow in to the subaccounts unless you start playing with linking and unlinking.

Last edited by slaizer2000; 12-11-2018 at 06:29 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:23 PM.