Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Inu-Oh (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc (Blu-ray)
$34.48

Record of Ragnarok: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99
6 hrs ago
My Hero Academia: Season Five, Part Two (Blu-ray)
$35.38
13 hrs ago
GATE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99
7 hrs ago
Lupin the 3rd Part I: The Classic Adventures (Blu-ray)
$45.50

The Demon Girl Next Door 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
13 hrs ago
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: Set 14 (Blu-ray)
$35.17
1 day ago
Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Shaman King: Original 2003 English Dubbed TV Series (Blu-ray)
$33.60

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 10-08-2018, 05:28 PM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2017
Italy The Offical Dynit (Italy) Thread

Dynit is awesome. mp3dom is a god-tier comressionist, and while not English friendly, they deserve to be discussed in a place where people don’t get confused and/or don’t distract from conversation in English language releases.

And yes, GwG, I stole your idea. At least I’m giving credit...

Last edited by professorwho; 11-06-2018 at 10:54 PM.
Thanks given by:
doud (11-06-2018), mikezilla2 (02-26-2021), Naiera (11-03-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 01:45 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2013
Netherlands

https://www.animeclick.it/news/77791...-aggiornamento

Lucca Comics & Games 2018 announcements

Attack on Titan
- Season 2 boxset
- Season 3 limited edition boxset

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
- 2 volumes in December, Blu-ray and DVD

Tokyo Ghoul:RE
- Boxset in December (with dub)

Daitarn III
- Blu-ray boxset, also includes a brand new interview with Yoshiyuki Tomino by Animeclick.it. The Blu-ray box will feature original artwork that has never been used before.

5 Centimeters per second
- Will probably receive a theatrical release in June. They are considering what to do with the dubbing, since the old dub was done well.

No word about a home video release, but it was mentioned in the Q&A that Kaz's (Italian?) rights have expired.

Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel - II. Lost Butterfly
- Theatrical release in April

Children of the Sea
- Theatrical release

My Hero Academia: Two Heroes
- Theatrical release in March

Q&A (Google Translated)
In May there is a hole in the cinema, there would be another title that they are still negotiating, they cannot announce it.

We have no plans for Fate / Zero, Stein's: Gate 0 and Made in Abyss. There are contractual problems for Fate / Zero. Does the fate / zero problem start with and end with Flix? I cannot answer. There is the ghost page, get an idea

The streaming situation is very chaotic. Home video is a minor part of the business. Crunchyroll when he arrived put a lot in difficulty Dynit. But since then I think we managed to keep up. On the one hand there is concern, the majors want everything without leaving even the crumbs. But being smaller makes us more cunning.

At the moment with Gundam we are still. Before resuming I would like to deepen the new products.

Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory went wrong. For now we have no plans.

Promare? I'm curious to see it. We'll see what will come out

My Hero Academy did not have to go to Boing? Why on Italia2? You have to ask Mediaset who has TV rights, we only have home videos.

Will you come out with a new series of Ghost in the Shell, are you interested? Let's see first what it is.

Movies because only 3 days? Three reasons:
- The anime fanbase is not so vast to support weekend programming
- merchants struggle to conceive animation as a product for adults.
- there is a lot of animation film competition for children that have more appeal for families.

The film My Hero Academia, however, will try to distribute it at least on Sunday. We can not do it but we try. It can be the right title.

Trilogy of the films Project Itoh? We evaluated it but we discarded it. A trilogy is too risky.

Code Geass? Summary films and sequels? We have discarded the summaries, the sequel is linked to those and this does not help. Had it been a series it would have been different.

Possibility of Kaze recoveries? We did not buy 5 cm from Kaze, they had expired.

Megalobox there are no projects

Dubbing no game no life? No, but I tell you that the film will soon be on vvvvid

There is a change of course for AoT because the boxsets have more appeal than single editions. But sometimes the problem is that we have to wait for serialization to end in Japan.

Possibility of collaborations with Crunchyroll? They are not interested
Thanks given by:
Dave90 (11-06-2018), doud (11-06-2018), Naiera (11-03-2018), professorwho (11-03-2018), UniSol GR77 (03-01-2019), Yuripa (11-03-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 10:54 PM   #3

Oct 2016
EU (Belgium)

Shame to see that Crunchyroll is again "blocking" some homevideo releases in that country because of their "master licence".

It's almost the same situation in the UK where many serie won't see any homevideo release because of the partnership between them and Sonymation, exept that for the uk the break of that collaboration is (I hope) a good news for the futur of homevideo releases.

It's maybe great for streaming availability, but catastrophic for homevideo side, I hope Dynit can secure more shows directly from the Japanese side in the futur since their homevideos releases are most of the time the best in the world in terms of PQ.
Thanks given by:
NLScavenger (11-04-2018)
Old 11-04-2018, 12:14 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2013
Netherlands

Just a few more days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuripa View Post
Shame to see that Crunchyroll is again "blocking" some homevideo releases in that country because of their "master licence".

It's almost the same situation in the UK where many serie won't see any homevideo release because of the partnership between them and Sonymation, exept that for the uk the break of that collaboration is (I hope) a good news for the futur of homevideo releases.

It's maybe great for streaming availability, but catastrophic for homevideo side, I hope Dynit can secure more shows directly from the Japanese side in the futur since their homevideos releases are most of the time the best in the world in terms of PQ.
I really don't understand CR's endgame. A home video release of a popular property such as Re:Zero would rake in some free cash for CR, but nope:

google translate
Quote:
Re: Zero is not feasible like all the Crunchyroll series, currently off-limits for Dynit.
Thanks given by:
professorwho (11-04-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 03:55 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2013
Netherlands

AKIRA Dynit steelbook shipped last night. I don't know when it will arrive because Amazon used a cheap shipping service without tracking code.

I'm ready:
Thanks given by:
Dailyan (11-06-2018), doud (11-06-2018), Naiera (11-06-2018), professorwho (11-06-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 05:44 PM   #6
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
Denmark

I need to get that one.

Someone send me good subs
Old 11-06-2018, 06:10 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2013
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
I need to get that one.

Someone send me good subs
Didn't you prefer to use .srt subtitles for viewing on your Oppo?

There are .srt subtitles from the Funimation 25th anniversary BD out there on the interwebs. You'll probably need to add a delay of 1000 ms.
Thanks given by:
Naiera (11-06-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 08:07 PM   #8
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
Denmark

Yes, I use srt and then I make a ts file, so I can style the subs much nicer than the ones the Oppo makes.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:13 PM   #9
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2017

How you rip the audio from the JP BD? Just curious- I’m gonna pick up both the original Manga UK release (JP disc) and the Dynit steelbook to mux them together.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:35 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2013
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorwho View Post
How you rip the audio from the JP BD? Just curious- Im gonna pick up both the original Manga UK release (JP disc) and the Dynit steelbook to mux them together.
You can extract the streams from an .mkv with MKVExtract, or extract from the .m2ts with tsMuxR if you have ripped the entire disc.

You don't necessarily need to extract the audio and subs. You can also drag the .mkv/.m2ts + any additional stream (e.g. custom subtitles) into MKVToolNix GUI. Select the streams you want to keep and remux into a single MKV.
Thanks given by:
Beru (07-08-2019)
Old 11-06-2018, 09:11 PM   #11

Jan 2016
EU

So... what’s wrong with the video of the JP BD?
Old 11-06-2018, 09:53 PM   #12
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by klasma View Post
So... whats wrong with the video of the JP BD?
Windowboxed, low bitrate, low pass filter, and a bit of DNR. Dynit IT version has none of them. Bitrate of around 35 mbps average as opposed to 20 mbps of JP and FUNi.
Thanks given by:
klasma (11-06-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 11:08 PM   #13
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2017

As I said, the JP release is windowboxed- this comparison should show what a proper 1.85:1 presentation would look like. Granted, it's not going to look as good as the Dynit disc, but it shows the difference.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:55 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2013
Netherlands

10 off 50 only today at Amazon.it with code GRAZIE1000

Nice prices on some titles: Macross Plus 12.99, Madoka TV series 25.99, Drifters Limited Edition 34.98.
Thanks given by:
Naiera (11-09-2018), professorwho (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 08:21 PM   #15
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2017

Well, I'm not sure what to get to add up to the €50 price.

Akira is around 20, and Macross Plus is 13 which is great, and maybe I'd get Heaven's Feel as mp3dom says it's better encoded with less banding, but are there any others you'd recommend? (I don't want to spend €50 on a whole series like Kill la Kill, but rather some movies and OVAs to make it a better value)
Old 11-09-2018, 08:55 PM   #16

Oct 2016
EU (Belgium)

The dragon Dentist OVAs/film is quitte good, and if you don't have it, Ergo proxy is awesome (+ the best PQ in the world), and only cost 25€ for the whole serie.
Thanks given by:
professorwho (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 09:00 PM   #17
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2017

I'll think about Dragon Dentist. Sentai's release is $10 now at Best Buy, and while the Dynit version is €15, it's guaranteed to be better in terms of PQ, but having never seen it, I'm not sure if I'd be willing to gamble on it.

Ergo Proxy should be good. Assuming it has the same timing as the JP BD, I might pick that up.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:01 PM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2013
Netherlands

'The Place Promised in Our Early Days' and the Madoka movies have reduced color banding. 'A Silent Voice' should also have improved PQ.
Thanks given by:
professorwho (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 09:10 PM   #19
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2017

I might get the Madoka movies, as it's my prefered version of the story.

And in the case of 'Koe no Katachi', mp3dom told me that some of it was baked into the source, and they could reduce only one or two layers (as in bit depth or something, if I remember right). Bitrate is improved, though. JP has unnecessary audio tracks (they're supposed to replicate what it's like to be deaf or something) and eats up the bitrate. 2x LPCM 5.1 24-Bit and 2x DTS-HD MA 2.0 24-Bit tracks eat up bitrate. JP release is 26.91 mbps and Dynit is 31.87 mbps.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:25 PM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2013
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorwho View Post
I might get the Madoka movies, as it's my prefered version of the story.

And in the case of 'Koe no Katachi', mp3dom told me that some of it was baked into the source, and they could reduce only one or two layers (as in bit depth or something, if I remember right). Bitrate is improved, though. JP has unnecessary audio tracks (they're supposed to replicate what it's like to be deaf or something) and eats up the bitrate. 2x LPCM 5.1 24-Bit and 2x DTS-HD MA 2.0 24-Bit tracks eat up bitrate. JP release is 26.91 mbps and Dynit is 31.87 mbps.
Yeah, I suspected that, but reduced banding is still good. Waiting for it to drop to 15.

You only have about one and a half hour remaining before the offer ends, so you'd better hurry.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime