Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The King of Braves GaoGaiGar: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$67.81

Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon - Season 2, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Inu-Oh (Blu-ray)
$18.37
1 day ago
The Demon Girl Next Door 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.29
10 hrs ago
Blue Thermal (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$39.50

Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Redo of Healer: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$36.68

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord Omega: Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$50.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 10-14-2018, 03:36 AM   #21
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaun6899 View Post
Another note about the Johto Journeys set; the episode "The Whistle Stop" is slightly edited from its original version. This is the episode that featured reversed audio that, when played normally, revealed Eric Stuart saying "Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil". The version on the DVD dubs this over with James screaming.
Thank you for pointing this out! I read about this on Twitter very recently and couldn't remember for the life of me which episode it was. I'll be adding this to the list now.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:44 AM   #22
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevers7290 View Post
Great thread, thanks InuYashaCrusade! I've already found and ordered the Australian and German movies. I had no idea the German discs had the English dub. I also put in an order for the "Gold Collection" from JB Hi-Fi. Not sure if it's out of print or not as it's OOS but orderable, so I have my fingers crossed. I can get rid of my ugly 3-film steelbook if so. Thanks again!
No problem, glad I could be of some use. There's so many different releases that I figured it would be helpful to have a detailed yet condensed thread for it all. The Gold Edition Blu-ray is exclusive to JB Hi-Fi from what I remember. The standard Gold Edition DVD was a wide release within Australia. I'd like to find a way to include info on the Gold Edition release within the main post as well.

Also, I really appreciate those of you detailing information regarding non U.S. releases too. I have little to no knowledge on anything in other regions and whatnot, unless there was a major release/edit of some sort. The main post may be mostly for U.S. releases but the overall thread is welcome to any and all discussion regarding Pokemon and the many releases it has received.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:50 AM   #23

May 2013

It would be nice to get a US release (even if it has to be dvd) of all the Pikachu shorts released together buuut I don't see that ever happening
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (10-14-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 04:00 AM   #24
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffy View Post
It would be nice to get a US release (even if it has to be dvd) of all the Pikachu shorts released together buuut I don't see that ever happening
I don't understand why though. Is it on Viz's end or TPCI's? Does Viz just put out whatever TPCI hands them and not second guess it or what? If they were never re-released anywhere in the world, then I'd assume it is on TPCI's end but it clearly isn't. Australia had also been getting complete seasons released for years before Viz ever started. I was so desperate that I was about to import all 8 seasons and get a region free player.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:11 AM   #25

Aug 2010
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
I don't understand why though. Is it on Viz's end or TPCI's? Does Viz just put out whatever TPCI hands them and not second guess it or what? If they were never re-released anywhere in the world, then I'd assume it is on TPCI's end but it clearly isn't. Australia had also been getting complete seasons released for years before Viz ever started. I was so desperate that I was about to import all 8 seasons and get a region free player.
The problem with the Pikachu shorts seems to be TPCI, as they aren't included on the Australian releases, or anywhere else worldwide that I have noticed.

The Pokemon 1 - 3 Movies Gold releases in Australia, is the only time Beyond Home Entertainment has included Pikachu shorts.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:32 AM   #26
Expert Member

Jan 2015

Quote:
I emailed Viz about it once, and they mentioned that TPCI was in charge of what gets released.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:56 AM   #27
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
I emailed Viz about it once, and they mentioned that TPCI was in charge of what gets released.
Interesting. I've gotta wonder why TPCI wouldn't include them for the U.S. though, weird. I'm just happy that we're finally getting the new release movies on Blu-ray, starting with I Choose You.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #28
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009

My number one most wanted is the Mewtwo TV special. It's been OOP forever.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:41 PM   #29
Expert Member

Jan 2015

Quote:
I wouldn't mind the Chronicles spin-off getting a Complete Collection. They've been released in Australia.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:28 AM   #30
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Any idea if it has ever been streamed on the Pokemon website? Same question for Pokemon Chronicles because I can't recall seeing either on there.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:32 AM   #31
Expert Member

Jan 2015

Quote:
Any idea if it has ever been streamed on the Pokemon website? Same question for Pokemon Chronicles because I can't recall seeing either on there.
Neither have been streamed on the website, but when Twitch did a Pokémon marathon for the franchise's 20th anniversary, several episodes of Chronicles did stream as part of it.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:43 AM   #32
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Old 11-07-2018, 04:59 PM   #33
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

As with every other recent Viz/WB release, the Sun & Moon Complete Collection has been a complete pain to find on release day. Sold out online at Target and Walmart, Best Buy has no listing and Amazon is charging $50. My local Walmart had 1 copy last night before I went to bed and now it seems to be gone, so I'll have to try and make a trip to a different one at some point.

The picture that Viz posted on Twitter doesn't seem to show it including a slipcover either. Maybe Viz is starting to cheapen out like Funimation, great.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:03 PM   #34
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2017

I'm gonna hold out on Sun and Moon in the hopes it gets a German BD like XY. Even with 10 episodes per disc, it should still best any DVD.

But man, Viz dropping slipcovers? That sucks. If all the other Pokemon releases had them, it'd make for an inconsistent collection...

Sun and Moon is even OOS on Rightstuf
Old 11-07-2018, 05:35 PM   #35
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorwho View Post
I'm gonna hold out on Sun and Moon in the hopes it gets a German BD like XY. Even with 10 episodes per disc, it should still best any DVD.

But man, Viz dropping slipcovers? That sucks. If all the other Pokemon releases had them, it'd make for an inconsistent collection...

Sun and Moon is even OOS on Rightstuf
I'm not positive on this set not including a slipcover yet but I'll know by the end of today. Another user on Twitter noticed the lack of slipcover too. The newer seasons never had slipcovers when they were released in parts, I figured maybe that would be different now that we're getting complete sets.

My second nearest store has 1 copy left and I ordered it for pick up, gonna head there after work tonight.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:16 AM   #36
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Yup, no slipcover on the Sun & Moon complete collection, just picked mine up at a different Walmart. No slip is really lame but I can't complain considering the price. When the seasons were split into two sets it would have cost $40 bucks, whereas it is now only $30.

Something I found interesting, nowhere on the set does it say "Complete Collection" or season. Top right-hand corner states 43 episodes but that's it - not under the logo, spine or in the back information. There is a sticker with the Alola starters which mentions "Complete Season" but that comes off once the plastic is removed. Just something small I noticed, nothing worthwhile.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:48 PM   #37
Expert Member

Jan 2015

Does anybody know how to make a new entry on the site? The Sun and Moon set is not listed, nor is the upcoming Battle Frontier set.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:28 PM   #38
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Does anybody know how to make a new entry on the site? The Sun and Moon set is not listed, nor is the upcoming Battle Frontier set.
Was wondering this myself because I'm not sure either. I could probably figure it out if I took the time. I'll give it a go either later tonight or tomorrow if no one else has.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:50 PM   #39
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2015
Beyond the Blue Horizon

Quote:
Quote:
Was wondering this myself because I'm not sure either. I could probably figure it out if I took the time. I'll give it a go either later tonight or tomorrow if no one else has.
Click on "Movies" in the search bar, enter the title you want, click on it, scroll over to "releases", go to "create" and click on the appropriate format (DVD, Blu, UV etc.) to make a new entry.
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (11-19-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 03:24 AM   #40
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailyan View Post
Click on "Movies" in the search bar, enter the title you want, click on it, scroll over to "releases", go to "create" and click on the appropriate format (DVD, Blu, UV etc.) to make a new entry.
How do I click the title when nothing shows up? For example... "Sorry, your search for Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Complete Collection didn't return any results. Try searching for another term or try to simplify the search."
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime