Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The King of Braves GaoGaiGar: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$67.81
1 day ago
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$37.49

The Demon Girl Next Door 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: Set 14 (Blu-ray)
$31.51
1 hr ago
Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan / Broly - Second Coming / Bio-Broly (Blu-ray)
$16.83

Inu-Oh (Blu-ray)
$19.96

GATE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99

Record of Ragnarok: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Tetsujin 28 FX: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$46.39
1 day ago
Lupin the 3rd Part I: The Classic Adventures (Blu-ray)
$45.50

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 11-19-2018, 03:39 AM   #41
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2017

Pokmon is listed as one series:

Here
Old 11-19-2018, 04:32 PM   #42
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorwho View Post
Pokmon is listed as one series:

Here
Thanks, I submitted them. Hopefully I did it correctly.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:56 PM   #43

Nov 2009
New York

I picked up the Seasons 1-19 box set last year I wanna say and pretty awesome to get it for under $250 I wanna say.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:30 PM   #44
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattQuack View Post
I picked up the Seasons 1-19 box set last year I wanna say and pretty awesome to get it for under $250 I wanna say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Nx...ature=youtu.be
That's a great deal right there, nice looking set too. I'm not a fan of the covers but Pokemon never gets nice artwork to begin with.
Thanks given by:
MattQuack (12-13-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 04:08 PM   #45
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009

I wish there was kind of a chronology of the series and movies to give you a kind of timeline as to where the movies take place in each season.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:35 PM   #46
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethRex View Post
I wish there was kind of a chronology of the series and movies to give you a kind of timeline as to where the movies take place in each season.
You can base that around which companions are with Ash. There has been one Pokemon movie released per year for each season of the anime.

Movies 1-5 (Misty and Brock) = Seasons 1-5
Movies 6-9 (May, Max and Brock) = Seasons 1-9
Movies 10-13 (Dawn and Brock) = Seasons 10-13
Movies 14-16 (Iris and Cilan) = Seasons 14-16
Movies 17-19 (Serena, Clemont and Bonnie) = Seasons 17-19

Movie 20 and 21 is when this formula began to change. The movies no longer follow Ash and his anime companions, they do their own thing now. I feel the need to mention that the movies are not canon in any way, the anime seasons never reference them. You don't have to watch them in order unless you want to.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:28 AM   #47
Expert Member

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethRex View Post
The 20th movie is a re-imagining from the beginning. It adapts selected bits of season 1 episodes, then...

My memory may be failing me, but I think what I've watched of Sun & Moon was much the same way. I don't recall hardly any passing mention of human characters who originated outside Kanto or Alola.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:14 AM   #48
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

The Power of Us is already available to be purchased digitally:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KSJ9L59

Worth noting that this is the first Pokemon movie in years to include the full Japanese soundtrack. A Blu-ray/DVD release should be announced soon, February/March release is likely.
Thanks given by:
neoz (12-11-2018)
Old 12-11-2018, 03:06 AM   #49
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009

The official Pokemon Twitter posted that the Sun & Moon anime is coming to "DVD and Blu-ray." I think it might be a typo, as the linked page just directs to the already available DVD set so don't get your hopes up.

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1072312415520342016
Old 12-11-2018, 03:32 AM   #50
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevers7290 View Post
The official Pokemon Twitter posted that the Sun & Moon anime is coming to "DVD and Blu-ray." I think it might be a typo, as the linked page just directs to the already available DVD set so don't get your hopes up.

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1072312415520342016
I saw that earlier, must be an error. Reminds me of Cinedigm saying that Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's and Zexal were going to be released on DVD and Blu-ray but that never ended up happening.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:39 AM   #51

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
The Power of Us is already available to be purchased digitally:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KSJ9L59

Worth noting that this is the first Pokemon movie in years to include the full Japanese soundtrack. A Blu-ray/DVD release should be announced soon, February/March release is likely.
Just say this page earlier.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-n...mRpssmTnw4i2RQ

Also on itunes and googleplay.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:06 PM   #52
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Manga Entertainment's Blu-ray Collector's Edition release for The Power of Us, releasing on 2/11

https://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/1074662924873015301

Maybe one of these days Viz will announce the U.S. release.
Thanks given by:
professorwho (12-17-2018)
Old 12-17-2018, 06:21 PM   #53

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

I own the Complete Series from the Indigo League to Battle Frontier (pre-ordered; January 2019 release).

Aside from part of the first season, I wonder why the series hasn't seen a BD release. Maybe the demand isn't there? I don't see any more volumes coming so I'm probably just going to get rid of my Blu-rays and keep the DVDs.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:25 PM   #54
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
I own the Complete Series from the Indigo League to Battle Frontier (pre-ordered; January 2019 release).

Aside from part of the first season, I wonder why the series hasn't seen a BD release. Maybe the demand isn't there? I don't see any more volumes coming so I'm probably just going to get rid of my Blu-rays and keep the DVDs.
I'm looking forward to Battle Frontier but I'm not wasting my time with a preorder. None of my Viz preorders ever actually ship before release and in most cases get delayed for 2-4 weeks, happened with Advanced Battle and Sun & Moon last month. The price also hasn't dropped below $40 and Walmart always has the latest releases for $29.96, so I'll head over there on release day like I did with SM.

I'd say there's a few reasons for no additional seasons being released on Blu-ray. One, TPCI/Viz assume that the majority of buyers are kids and their parents who don't care about picture quality. Two, Indigo League was remastered special for the 20th anniversary. Three, the series is just too long to get all 20+ seasons out on Blu-ray and may not be worth the price or effort.

I called it on day 1 when I saw Indigo League getting a Blu-ray, that we'd never get any additional episodes in HD. I mean, anything is possible and all, but I doubt it very much. Keep your eye on the Disney app and other on-demand streaming services because that's where additional HD episodes will pop up first. Indigo League was available through Directv on-demand months before the Blu-ray released last year. I noticed the episodes being remastered around March 2017 with the Blu-ray in November of that year.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:54 PM   #55
Power Member

Apr 2014

Quote:

Manga Entertainment's Blu-ray Collector's Edition release for The Power of Us, releasing on 2/11

Too bad they're not doing another steelbook.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:40 AM   #56
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Movie 22: Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution - 7/12/19

Couple of interesting things to note. Within the U.S., the Pokemon movies release for a limited time to theaters in November and then air on Disney XD either around Thanksgiving or early December each year. This movie could release to theaters on the 20th anniversary of The First Movie, on November 6 2019. Dogasu's Backpack sums all of this up here:

"For a while I had this theory that Mewtwo Strikes Back! Evolution was a movie made with Western audiences in mind. In a post I made on Bulbagarden way back on July 16th I talked about how the fact that this movie is coming out on the 20th anniversary of the English dub (as opposed to the 20th anniversary of the Japanese release), this movie being all in CG as opposed to traditional 2D animation, and the bilingual text in the teaser all pointing to this movie being made with American, not necessarily Japanese, audiences in mind. This new teaser starting off touting how great the first film did overseas is right in line with that theory. And then! The Pokmon Company International goes and retweets the Japanese trailer!" - http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/

This will also be the first Pokemon movie to be in all CG. I'm not a fan of this personally.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:52 AM   #57
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2017

The CG doesn't look bad, but Mewtwo's model looks like the one from the CG trailers for the Pokemon games, so if they're re-using those models, it shouldn't be too bad.

OLM has been integrating CG quite a bit since XY, so it only makes sense they'd do a full CG film. Honestly, I'd rather do a full CG short to see audience reactions before going all out. The CG work in the last 2 films in particular was top notch, though they were mainly backgrounds for the 2D animation.

I'm sure the Pokemon will look fine in CG, but I'm concerned what the human characters will look like. Ugh...
Old 01-02-2019, 04:44 AM   #58
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorwho View Post
The CG doesn't look bad, but Mewtwo's model looks like the one from the CG trailers for the Pokemon games, so if they're re-using those models, it shouldn't be too bad.

OLM has been integrating CG quite a bit since XY, so it only makes sense they'd do a full CG film. Honestly, I'd rather do a full CG short to see audience reactions before going all out. The CG work in the last 2 films in particular was top notch, though they were mainly backgrounds for the 2D animation.

I'm sure the Pokemon will look fine in CG, but I'm concerned what the human characters will look like. Ugh...
The CG reminds me of a cut scene from the Pokken Tournament video game. That isn't exactly a bad thing but I'm not sure how I feel about a full length movie using that style of animation. The teaser trailers are usually vastly different from the final product, so I'm still reserving judgement.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:57 PM   #59
Power Member

Apr 2014

If they're gonna do this, I hope they just use the original dub audio if they are indeed catering this movie for US audiences.

But I feel like it might be a remake with adjustments for the I Choose Youniverse and the new writer simply hasn't been credited yet.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:38 PM   #60
Power Member

Apr 2014

Quote:

It's been delayed a week to Feb 18 according to the Manga UK Twitter.
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (01-09-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime