Best iTunes Movie Deals


Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Waterworld (iTunes)
$4.99
10 hrs ago
Black Adam (iTunes)
$12.99
15 hrs ago
Buddy Comedy Pack (iTunes)
$19.99
 
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (iTunes)
$4.99
10 hrs ago
The Finest Hours (iTunes)
$4.99
10 hrs ago
Double Indemnity (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Patriot Games (iTunes)
$4.99
10 hrs ago
Clear and Present Danger (iTunes)
$4.99
10 hrs ago
Witness (iTunes)
$4.99
10 hrs ago
Must-Watch Comedy 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Bad Teacher (iTunes)
$4.99
10 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 02-21-2019, 07:39 PM   #1
88mph 88mph is offline
Expert Member
 
88mph's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
-
-
-
-
Default Casting UV to TV with Flixster

Finally figured out I can watch UV movies on Flixster via chromecast on my TV

However some movies supporting casting, some don't. Anyone know why?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:40 PM   #2
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
116
855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88mph View Post
Finally figured out I can watch UV movies on Flixster via chromecast on my TV

However some movies supporting casting, some don't. Anyone know why?
Because the service is (in my opinion) really really poor. Thank goodness it is finally shutting down. Hopefully one of the big boys can show them how itís done.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:09 PM   #3
casperuk casperuk is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
casperuk's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
20
333
46
161
156
84
56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88mph View Post
Finally figured out I can watch UV movies on Flixster via chromecast on my TV

However some movies supporting casting, some don't. Anyone know why?
I've never had it work. I don't own a chrome cast. Just whatever is built I to my lg TV. And no one supports Miracast...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:47 PM   #4
Bourne1886 Bourne1886 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Bourne1886's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
East Anglia, U.K.
242
1022
227
2
64
89
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Because the service is (in my opinion) really really poor. Thank goodness it is finally shutting down. Hopefully one of the big boys can show them how itís done.
UV is shutting down but not Flixster in the U.K. I cast from Flixster without any issues to my tv.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:55 PM   #5
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
116
855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne1886 View Post
UV is shutting down but not Flixster in the U.K. I cast from Flixster without any issues to my tv.
Flixster is shutting down in July I read. (In the U.K).

By the way, arenít only some of your Flixster titles available to cast rather than all of them?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:31 PM   #6
steve_dave steve_dave is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Nov 2008
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88mph View Post
Finally figured out I can watch UV movies on Flixster via chromecast on my TV

However some movies supporting casting, some don't. Anyone know why?
Its a dumb copyright licensing restriction that prevents selected content from being cast to a TV. Even Vudu in the US has a few titles that can not be cast from a device to a display. However, using an app or device with app directly hard wired in some way allows all titles to be played.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:38 PM   #7
Bourne1886 Bourne1886 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Bourne1886's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
East Anglia, U.K.
242
1022
227
2
64
89
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Flixster is shutting down in July I read. (In the U.K).

By the way, arenít only some of your Flixster titles available to cast rather than all of them?
No thatís Ultraviolet, Flixster isnít shutting down at the moment in the U.K. I have over 150 films in my collection and they all work.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 01:30 PM   #8
casperuk casperuk is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
casperuk's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
20
333
46
161
156
84
56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne1886 View Post
No thatís Ultraviolet, Flixster isnít shutting down at the moment in the U.K. I have over 150 films in my collection and they all work.
Flixster in the UK is closing.

They just haven't officially Announced it yet. It's hidden in some Terms and conditions on a flixster page. Have a look at the UV thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:57 AM   #9
Bourne1886 Bourne1886 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Bourne1886's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
East Anglia, U.K.
242
1022
227
2
64
89
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by casperuk View Post
Flixster in the UK is closing.

They just haven't officially Announced it yet. It's hidden in some Terms and conditions on a flixster page. Have a look at the UV thread
Like I say Not yet it isnít. Maybe in time it will but for now itís ok. It says that something is in the pipe line for u.k Flixster customers and to watch this space!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:20 AM   #10
casperuk casperuk is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
casperuk's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
20
333
46
161
156
84
56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne1886 View Post
Like I say Not yet it isnít. Maybe in time it will but for now itís ok. It says that something is in the pipe line for u.k Flixster customers and to watch this space!
Which means, we are closing, like our US site, good luck
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Bourne1886 (02-26-2019), Steedeel (03-03-2019)
Old 03-03-2019, 10:42 PM   #11
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
116
855
Default

If we don’t get a digital redeem store that allows playback on all devices, we are screwed. We won’t have a reliable way of collecting digital films if Blu-ray dies. All we will have is a graveyard of mobile friendly digital copies like Flixster.

Before anyone says you can cast, no you can’t. Not for a good selection of films anyway. Before anyone says you can watch via HDMI cable connected to your phone, laptop etc.. some companies are starting to block this option.

Last edited by Steedeel; 03-04-2019 at 12:16 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
crackedknee (03-03-2019)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:23 PM.