Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The King of Braves GaoGaiGar: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$67.81
1 day ago
Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$37.49

The Demon Girl Next Door 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: Set 14 (Blu-ray)
$31.51
2 hrs ago
Inu-Oh (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan / Broly - Second Coming / Bio-Broly (Blu-ray)
$16.83

Tetsujin 28 FX: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$46.39
1 day ago
GATE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99

Record of Ragnarok: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Lupin the 3rd Part I: The Classic Adventures (Blu-ray)
$45.50

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 11-21-2022, 04:10 AM   #1601
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013
Somewhere

USPS has been raising rates like crazy over the last few years. After I sold a few things recently and saw how much more I was paying then say 5 years ago, even media mail isn't the bargain it once was, I understand why they raised the threshold. Still sucks though.
Thanks given by:
Nothing371 (11-21-2022), SteamfloggerBoss (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 04:46 AM   #1602
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo1313 View Post
USPS has been raising rates like crazy over the last few years. After I sold a few things recently and saw how much more I was paying then say 5 years ago, even media mail isn't the bargain it once was, I understand why they raised the threshold. Still sucks though.
They just keep on raising the prices. The holiday increase was announced throughout the end of the year and now they've got another round proposed for January.
Old 11-21-2022, 05:36 AM   #1603
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2015
Minneapolis

Quote:
Yeah it is nuts, and companies are abusing their contracts with insane amounts of wasteful shipping which has become an undeniable drag on the entire system. So private citizens struggle with worse service and subsidize the higher costs because USPS needs to payroll more workers.

There are 1 or 2 days per week we simply don't get mail now and you never know when. It just happens. They just don't deliver on certain days because the postal workers are so overworked.

There is one new service called "Printed Bound Matter" that I used last week to ship a book though, and it's slightly cheaper than Media Mail.
Thanks given by:
briwas101 (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 01:42 PM   #1604

May 2016

Quote:
Media mail is such an important part of the anime hobby. Without it everything would go up a noticeable amount. I don't really ship any other way because it is without a doubt the cheapest way to ship media.
Old 11-21-2022, 01:45 PM   #1605

May 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing371 View Post
Yeah it is nuts, and companies are abusing their contracts with insane amounts of wasteful shipping which has become an undeniable drag on the entire system. So private citizens struggle with worse service and subsidize the higher costs because USPS needs to payroll more workers.

There are 1 or 2 days per week we simply don't get mail now and you never know when. It just happens. They just don't deliver on certain days because the postal workers are so overworked.

There is one new service called "Printed Bound Matter" that I used last week to ship a book though, and it's slightly cheaper than Media Mail.
Thanks for the heads up on "printed bound matter" as I sell a small amount of manga/books. Those have always been included under media mail, but if they've made a slightly cheaper option that's great. I just hope this isn't a precursor to getting rid of media mail (and only allowing a low price for books). I'll look into it.
Old 11-21-2022, 02:45 PM   #1606

Dec 2015
Canada

I'm happy they brought back the free shipping to Canada at least for these sales. Weird how it was gone, but now they afford to have it back at 250 usd again during sales.
Old 11-21-2022, 03:00 PM   #1607
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing371 View Post
Itís been around for more than 20 years. Itís just always been for businesses and through permits. Book publishers, sellers and distributors use it all the time. Even Amazon on occasion for big box manga sets recently. I donít recall it being offered at my post office, so it may be a YMMV thing.
Thanks given by:
Kyle15 (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 03:39 PM   #1608
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2011
Alabama

When I ship a book or movie or game and it's under a pound First Class is just barely more if not the same as Media Mail so I just ship First Class for peace of mind. Been burned way too many times on the garbage of Media Mail to willingly bother.
Thanks given by:
mikezilla2 (11-25-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 06:42 PM   #1609
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013
Somewhere

Back when I first started selling online First Class if under a pound was cheapest, it was a little under $2. Makes me feel old.

Media Mail when first implemented was intended for shipping educational media, mainly books. It's crazy how important MM became to the success of online retailers, especially when you account for the fact they technically aren't allowed to use it.
Thanks given by:
mikezilla2 (11-25-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 09:53 PM   #1610
Expert Member

Aug 2018
Sasnak

Quote:
Yep it's pretty rough for shipping now. This is a good strategic move if they don't want people to wait until the end of the sale to do one big order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briwas101 View Post
Media mail is such an important part of the anime hobby. Without it everything would go up a noticeable amount. I don't really ship any other way because it is without a doubt the cheapest way to ship media.
It's CRUCIAL for the Laserdisc hobby as well. Most discs would not even be worthwhile to ship without it.

Quote:
Back when I first started selling online First Class if under a pound was cheapest, it was a little under $2. Makes me feel old.

Media Mail when first implemented was intended for shipping educational media, mainly books. It's crazy how important MM became to the success of online retailers, especially when you account for the fact they technically aren't allowed to use it.
I think when I started really selling online the cheapest I could ship something was $2.19 for very low weight first class, how times have changed.
Thanks given by:
mikezilla2 (11-25-2022)
Old 11-22-2022, 04:02 PM   #1611

May 2016

Rightstuf is shipping orders so fast I actually have to wait to place more orders because I've already got "too many" boxes on the way. My mailman is great, but he's politely informed me that mailmen can just drop off a slip to let me know I need to pick them up at the post office myself. They aren't required to drop off 5 big boxes
Thanks given by:
Kid Boruto (11-23-2022), Lionel Horsepackage (11-29-2022), mikezilla2 (11-25-2022), SteamfloggerBoss (11-22-2022)
Old 11-28-2022, 05:04 PM   #1612
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2015

I placed an order with sentai and they made a shipping label on the 23 but the item hasnít had anything happan since the shipping label was created. When should I contact them?
Old 11-28-2022, 05:09 PM   #1613
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2015
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
I placed an order with sentai and they made a shipping label on the 23 but the item hasnít had anything happan since the shipping label was created. When should I contact them?
The post is going to be a little slower during a four-day weekend that's also one of the biggest shopping seasons of the year.

They probably haven't even had a chance to mail it off yet. Creation of a shipping label does not mean the package has departed.
Old 11-28-2022, 05:24 PM   #1614
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsteam View Post
The post is going to be a little slower during a four-day weekend that's also one of the biggest shopping seasons of the year.

They probably haven't even had a chance to mail it off yet. Creation of a shipping label does not mean the package has departed.
Ya but 6 days is a long time for a package to not be handed over and to get at least a package received scan. I understand thanksgiving is a holiday but most retail stores and the post office donít consider Black Friday a holiday I believe.
Old 11-28-2022, 05:43 PM   #1615
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2015
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
Ya but 6 days is a long time for a package to not be handed over and to get at least a package received scan. I understand thanksgiving is a holiday but most retail stores and the post office donít consider Black Friday a holiday I believe.
Sentai created a label Wednesday. They were likely backed-up and it's sitting with dozens of other packages waiting to be picked up the next business day. Since Thursday was Thanksgiving and I believe Sentai had the full weekend off since Right Stuf did, then the next business day is today.
Old 11-28-2022, 06:37 PM   #1616
Expert Member

Aug 2018
Sasnak

It's also possible that it has been mailed out and isn't scanning. Fairly uncommon but does happen. Usually means the label got damaged.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:00 PM   #1617
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2014
Southern California

A lot of stuff we sent out at my work is just sitting in the distribution center in a cart still it looks like. I assume everyone is just backed up from BF.
Old 11-29-2022, 05:26 PM   #1618

Sep 2021

I don't normally care much about slips, but my copy of Given and the replacement copy RightStuf sent (the discs were also audibly rolling around in there, so I didn't even bother opening it) are, respectively, the two most horribly mangled slips I've ever received. Is there a known QC issue with this release? I don't really want to push my luck asking for a second replacement - though I did accidentally keep the insurance on this order, so maybe it's worth it! - but it feels a little ridiculous to be okay with spending $45 (and on a preorder, no less!) and swallowing a super torn up, dented to hell slip.
Old 12-08-2022, 11:11 AM   #1619

Dec 2009

Right Stuf President, Co-Founder Shawne Klecker Leaves Right Stuf/Crunchyroll

Kleckner co-founded anime retail, licensing company in 1987

In an email sent to Crunchyroll staff and shared with Anime News Network, anime retailer Right Stuf president and co-founder Shawne Kleckner told fellow employees this week that he will leave Right Stuf and Crunchyroll on December 14. He expressed his confidence in the current Right Stuf management team at Crunchyroll.

Kleckner's friend Todd Ferson launched Right Stuf initially as a shell company to purchase telescopes at wholesale prices. (At that point, the company's name was still spelled as "The Right Stuff," a reference to the film of the same name.) Ferson and Kleckner then renamed the company to Right Stuf in 1987, after the company acquired its first anime license Astro Boy.

Since the company's inception, Kleckner has overseen the company through its many developments, including the launching of its website in 1994, the founding of the company's Nozomi Entertainment production label in 2007, and most recently Sony and Crunchyroll's acquisition of the company.

In his internal email to staff announcing his departure, Kleckner highlighted the customer-focused approach that he maintained at the company, which he refers to as "Super Service." He said that Right Stuf has maintained a reputation of personalized customer response, as well as secure packaging and shipping to customers.

Crunchyroll announced on August 4 earlier this year that it has acquired Right Stuf to expand its eCommerce service. Kleckner and the Right Stuf team then joined Crunchyroll's Emerging Businesses organization, led by Terry Li.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...hyroll/.192653
Thanks given by:
llj (12-08-2022), One-Eye (12-08-2022), SteamfloggerBoss (12-08-2022)
Old 12-08-2022, 11:22 AM   #1620

Jan 2011

I'll always remember how he engaged with fans back in the day, and even once had my back when I discovered a bad Aniplex disc a year after my purchase and he got me a replacement no problem.

Sad to see how much the industry/fandom is changing for us physical media fans, even if the march of time makes it inevitable.
Thanks given by:
BigOnAnime (12-08-2022), El3mental (12-09-2022), neoz (12-08-2022), SteamfloggerBoss (12-08-2022)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime