Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$36.98

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$44.00
4 hrs ago
Don't Worry Darling 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$32.95

My Fair Lady (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

Highlander (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

Knightfall: Season One (Blu-ray)
AU$5.00

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

The Menu (Blu-ray)
AU$29.98

Bone Tomahawk (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

Bones and All (Blu-ray)
AU$26.98

Chinatown (Blu-ray)
AU$6.50

The Devil Wears Prada (Blu-ray)
AU$3.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 10-09-2020, 08:49 AM   #21

Jul 2017

I have no idea how these things work, so I could be completely wrong, but I thought it was dvdshop that had retail exclusivity, and Random Space Media was the distributor (with some kind of partnership with Sony Australia). Unless dvdshop has some kind of link with RSM?

Before I purchased Cobra Kai Season 1, Mr. Mercedes Season 1 & Season 2, I had never heard of dvdshop, so it's still a mystery to me who this seemingly unknown seller is who has these rare Blu-ray titles for sale. Could dvdshop be RSM's retail arm?

Either way, I would presume dvdshop initially had exclusivity rights, which expired after a certain time.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:38 AM   #22
Banned

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc View Post
I have no idea how these things work, so I could be completely wrong, but I thought it was dvdshop that had retail exclusivity, and Random Space Media was the distributor (with some kind of partnership with Sony Australia). Unless dvdshop has some kind of link with RSM?

Before I purchased Cobra Kai Season 1, Mr. Mercedes Season 1 & Season 2, I had never heard of dvdshop, so it's still a mystery to me who this seemingly unknown seller is who has these rare Blu-ray titles for sale. Could dvdshop be RSM's retail arm?

Either way, I would presume dvdshop initially had exclusivity rights, which expired after a certain time.
Universal Sony Australia manufacture these titles, and then provide them to Random Space Media... Even though their branding is not on the disc or packaging, Random Space Media are technically the distributor. DVDshop is one online seller that Random Space Media supply stock to... DVDshop don't have exclusive retailer rights to these titles, they have been available from other small sellers, some of which trade on eBay. Cobra Kai season one was actually available directly from Amazon.au, for about half a day, on the day that it was released (Amazon.au didn't get many copies, 5 or 6 from memory, and when Amazon.au sold out, they never got anymore stock), here is a screenshot I took of it on the day, which clearly states "in stock, sold by Amazon.au":

IMG_20190814_102051.jpg

I had been made aware by Random Space Media that Amazon.au were going to stock it in my correspondence with them, leading up to it's release.

If Random Space Media weren't making these exclusive deals with Universal Sony Australia, then these titles probably wouldn't be released on Blu-ray here at all.

If major retailers, such as JB, Sanity, and Ezydvd, want stock of these Blu-ray's, then they have to go to Random Space Media for them while they hold the exclusive rights, not Universal Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Australia.

Last edited by Cevolution; 10-09-2020 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Noticed a spelling error in the second sentence.
Old 09-19-2022, 01:17 AM   #23
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2013
TN

Have seasons 1 & 2 on Blu, looking for S3. There's a listing here, but it goes to a "currently unavailable" page at Amazon AU, and I can't find it anywhere else (DD, eBay, etc.) Is this OOP already? Found the three season set at several stores, but I really don't want to rebuy the first two just to get the final season on Blu.
Old 09-19-2022, 06:42 AM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman slim View Post
Have seasons 1 & 2 on Blu, looking for S3. There's a listing here, but it goes to a "currently unavailable" page at Amazon AU, and I can't find it anywhere else (DD, eBay, etc.) Is this OOP already? Found the three season set at several stores, but I really don't want to rebuy the first two just to get the final season on Blu.
Got mine as it came out luckily , would have hated missing it since it wraps things up .
Old 09-19-2022, 12:41 PM   #25
Banned

Aug 2009
Tulsa, OK (but don't hold it against me!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman slim View Post
Seems to be very OOP. You can save a search for UPC 9317731162848 at eBay and it will inform you when another listing for it goes live.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia