Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Bullet Train (iTunes)
$4.99
4 hrs ago
Stanley Kubrick: 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$34.99
4 hrs ago
A24 Pack (iTunes)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
Tár (iTunes)
$9.99
4 hrs ago
Kubrick: 3-Film Collection (iTunes)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
The Woman King (iTunes)
$7.99
4 hrs ago
Titanic (iTunes)
$9.99
4 hrs ago
Blade Runner 3-Film Collection (iTunes)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (iTunes)
$6.99
4 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (iTunes)
$7.99
4 hrs ago
Deadpool 2-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
4 hrs ago
The Matrix Trilogy (iTunes)
$19.99
4 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)

Old 09-29-2019, 04:31 PM   #21
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaet View Post
my vudu account still have about 250 movies more than my fandangonow account, that's about 10 % of my total movies. I guess some movies are just not available on fandangonow
That is correct, those movies are (usually) not available yet. FN does tend to have a page for movies that they do not yet have available on their service. Perhaps anticipating the day that they will have those movies available.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:15 PM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Sahuarita, AZ

Still no MA rights, WTH?
Old 09-29-2019, 06:21 PM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Probably not going to get MA rights. Someone could chat with them and find out.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:48 AM   #24

Oct 2015

Ultraviolet movie and tv rights haven't been completely added to FandangoNOW because I have a tv show that has 7 seasons and only the first 3 are purchased according to the iTunes app unfortunately it may be awhile before we have 100% because back on vudu I have all 7 seasons ! Also even if it's a complete show they've been added backwards so it goes newest season to first and no auto play so each episode will have to be clicked on rather than having the next episode automatically play.

They've at least started to merge the two library's collection into a single library but still have a ways to go only after FandangoNOW gets the rights to the content will everything else be added to our own movies and tv shows i hope they are working on the sorting options for everything even the website ,auto play and of course the tv shows should be pilot -last episode not last episode going back to the pilot.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:44 AM   #25

Mar 2013

My UV library has been merged into my main library on FandangoNow, and the UV library has nothing in it. My Vudu library has 830 movies, and my FDN library has 803 movies in it, so that sounds about right.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:02 AM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by echopulse View Post
My UV library has been merged into my main library on FandangoNow, and the UV library has nothing in it. My Vudu library has 830 movies, and my FDN library has 803 movies in it, so that sounds about right.
Mine as well. However all the downgraded Paramount and Lionsgate UHD movies are still HD. Supposedly FN is looking into it, but have not heard yet.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:56 AM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Sahuarita, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by echopulse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedknee View Post
Mine as well. However all the downgraded Paramount and Lionsgate UHD movies are still HD. Supposedly FN is looking into it, but have not heard yet.
Two of the accounts I checked the UV tab was empty.

Have an unexpected day off tomorrow so may try to chat FN and ask them WTH is up with MA rights.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:04 AM   #28

Oct 2015

The merge isn't complete for myself as thundercats ,Rick and morty,blade,wolverine and iron man all are uv and haven't been added and Rizzoli and isles only up to season 3 whereas the complete 7 seasons are on vudu.

Appleseed ex macina has been added but still says playback not authorized and I'm still missing ghost in the shell and other anime like dbz !

The FandangoNOW website has done away with the ultraviolet tab also on ROKU players with the side store so I have no idea when the rest is going to be available for FandangoNOW if they're still processing all the rights themselves because of course they have to be in their system before we can enjoy it!
Old 10-02-2019, 01:23 AM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Sahuarita, AZ

So I chatted with FN today about the MA issue and they "refreshed" my connection and asked me to give it 24 hours. I'm doubtful that will have any effect but we will see,
Old 10-02-2019, 11:52 PM   #30

Oct 2015

Merging of ultraviolet movies and tv shows to your library should take several weeks and if anything is still not working i was told call us back by FandangoNOW!
Old 10-05-2019, 01:13 AM   #31

Oct 2015

I guess it's anyone's guess when the next wave of movies and tv shows will merge with our libraries they said over the next few weeks so maybe by Halloween or thanksgiving everything will be completed
Old 10-13-2019, 05:18 AM   #32

Oct 2015

Well I called FandangoNOW and apparently ultraviolet movies and tv shows are completely moved over but appleseed ex macana will NOT play and other anime like dbz ,ghost in the shell 2 ,remake and even though the complete series of resoli and isles is there i only have seasons 1-3 completely lacking in Rick and morty ,anime series blade,wolverine ,iron man and 80's thundercats this isn't everything that's missing but I have to expect the rights from vudu would go to ultraviolet and back to FandangoNOW...disappointed everything is not here and that rather than getting the rights they are just putting credit for what's missing sure it's nice to get free new stuff but until movies anywhere is whole including tv shows we might not have everything port over and even if it does there's the rare appleseed problem where it's there but they have no rights to show or sell it?!
Old 10-13-2019, 06:00 AM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Sahuarita, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUINTISON View Post
they are just putting credit for what's missing sure it's nice to get free new stuff
Do you have to contact them for this credit or is it automatic and how do you even begin to figure out what is missing if you have a large library?

FandangoNow is a horrible bloody mess and their not granting MA rights for UV imports is a joke considering Vudu was able to do so.

Last edited by AZBrowncoat; 10-13-2019 at 06:45 AM.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:25 AM   #34
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2014

Not every UV item existed in FN, just for the record. (e.g. there is no Rick and Morty, no Thundercats available on FN, so would not have been added when the UV list was converted). I only mention it in the sense that they did not/do not offer as many items as Vudu. I lost one movie, but that movie did not appear in Vudu either.

One important issue is that FN conflated a UHD playback issue (UHD playing HD) with the UHD downgrades issue. Again, any Paramount, Lionsgate, and MGM titles that had more than a single redeem/purchase, and was UHD in FN before the conversion, were downgraded to HD AFTER the conversion. Presumedly during conversion the software FN used read the earliest entry only (the HD entry). If from those studios there was a single redeem/purchase (single entry in UV), then the movie is still UHD in FN.

I called FN this morning and was able to communicate the difference between the playback error, and the UV conversion, downgrade error (I hope, at the very least, the person I did talk to was able to comprehend the difference).

This may be important to have fixed because despite the hate FN gets, their UHD playback exceeds Vudu's (better max bitrate, less compression).
Old 10-16-2019, 08:12 PM   #35

Oct 2015

With Rick and morty season 4 coming out and being so popular I'm disappointed that the vudu purchase didn't get uploaded to the uvvu.com and then they have the rights themselves from ultraviolet which SHOULD work because of the rights on vudu

They are still within the 3-5 business days and are supposed to get back with me via email
In all likelihood I'm going to need to call them again
Old 10-17-2019, 05:27 PM   #36
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
With Rick and morty season 4 coming out and being so popular I'm disappointed that the vudu purchase didn't get uploaded to the uvvu.com and then they have the rights themselves from ultraviolet which SHOULD work because of the rights on vudu

They are still within the 3-5 business days and are supposed to get back with me via email
In all likelihood I'm going to need to call them again
UV is dead.

You're not getting UV rights to this title no matter how many times you call.
Thanks given by:
alexy25 (10-17-2019)
Old 10-17-2019, 05:28 PM   #37
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Well I called FandangoNOW and apparently ultraviolet movies and tv shows are completely moved over but appleseed ex macana will NOT play and other anime like dbz ,ghost in the shell 2 ,remake and even though the complete series of resoli and isles is there i only have seasons 1-3 completely lacking in Rick and morty ,anime series blade,wolverine ,iron man and 80's thundercats this isn't everything that's missing but I have to expect the rights from vudu would go to ultraviolet and back to FandangoNOW...disappointed everything is not here and that rather than getting the rights they are just putting credit for what's missing sure it's nice to get free new stuff but until movies anywhere is whole including tv shows we might not have everything port over and even if it does there's the rare appleseed problem where it's there but they have no rights to show or sell it?!
How did you prove you owned something?
Old 10-17-2019, 08:54 PM   #38
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Interesting note:

My FandangoNow movie collection increased by 1 from 1,253 to 1,254 today.

It hasn't been connected to MA for months.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:11 AM   #39
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Sahuarita, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
Interesting note:

My FandangoNow movie collection increased by 1 from 1,253 to 1,254 today.

It hasn't been connected to MA for months.
Where are you seeing a count?
Old 10-18-2019, 05:20 AM   #40
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBrowncoat View Post
Where are you seeing a count?
Roku TV.
Thanks given by:
AZBrowncoat (10-19-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)