Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Bullet Train (iTunes)
$4.99
5 hrs ago
Stanley Kubrick: 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$34.99
5 hrs ago
A24 Pack (iTunes)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
Tr (iTunes)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
Kubrick: 3-Film Collection (iTunes)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
The Woman King (iTunes)
$7.99
5 hrs ago
Blade Runner 3-Film Collection (iTunes)
$14.99
6 hrs ago
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (iTunes)
$6.99
5 hrs ago
Titanic (iTunes)
$9.99
6 hrs ago
Deadpool 2-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
6 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (iTunes)
$7.99
6 hrs ago
The Matrix: 4-Film Dj Vu Collection (iTunes)
$24.99
5 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)

Old 10-19-2019, 04:48 PM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Sahuarita, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
Roku TV.
Thank you, I had no idea I could login on a Roku and get a count.

Sadly FN has about 1200 less titles vs what UV would have been on top of the fact that they didn't grant MA rights to UV imports.
Old 10-20-2019, 03:59 AM   #42

Oct 2015

Wow I just got done calling FandangoNOW,movies anywhere and Vudu!
FandangoNOW said that Movies anywhere has actually acquired the old ultraviolet rights and would only be giving you money on missing FandangoNOW library titles plus can't even see what you bought on vudu so next was Movies anywhere and they have no idea about the ultraviolet rights being acquired so then I went to vudu and for a supervisor and eventually the resolution is it's being escalated and they're going to get to looking into it!

Exhausted after the shell blame game now it will take who knows how much longer because everyone kept saying that we deal with movies Anywhere and ultraviolet is dead
Rick and morty,thundercats some anime marvel stuff but most bizarre is how I'm missing seasons 4-7 of rizoli and isles on FandangoNOW and only have seasons 1-3 !
Old 10-20-2019, 04:05 AM   #43

Oct 2015

Any old ROKU 2,3 or 4 with the side store will have a count on the movies and tv shows.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:23 PM   #44
Power Member

Nov 2012
Reading, Pa.
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUINTISON View Post
Wow I just got done calling FandangoNOW,movies anywhere and Vudu!
FandangoNOW said that Movies anywhere has actually acquired the old ultraviolet rights and would only be giving you money on missing FandangoNOW library titles plus can't even see what you bought on vudu so next was Movies anywhere and they have no idea about the ultraviolet rights being acquired so then I went to vudu and for a supervisor and eventually the resolution is it's being escalated and they're going to get to looking into it!
OK, first-Movies Anywhere has NOTHING to do with Ultraviolet. These are two separate distinct services. MA did NOT acquire UV "rights".
What ports via Vudu, MA and UV is all dependent on how its LABELED with the individual title. Some movies have ONLY MA rights, some had ONLY UV rights, and some had BOTH UV/MA rights. Since the UV went "away"all the UV labels are now gone.

I have several titles on Vudu that contain MA rights, it is possible some of these ALSO had UV rights as well....which is why they show on both services. I also have MANY titles that USED to have UV designation on Vudu (Ender's Game /Lionsgate) that now shows blank.
I seem to recall the title Passengers /Sony used to have both MA & UV rights...this now shows as MA......as far as I know ONLY these types of titles that had DUAL designation UV & MA, ported to the MA service.....aside of the MA only of course.

This includes TV shows, which is MY peeve, depending on when seasons were released I have some seasons going to Vudu, and some going to iTunes...of the SAME series....just different seasons. Fox ex: the first 3 seasons of The Walking Dead I have on Vudu, seasons 4-8 on iTunes. The discrepancy doesn't end there. All of True Blood I have on iTunes....however only the first 6 seasons are on Vudu. Game Of Thrones I bought each individual season as released on BD, yet redeeming codes I have seasons 1-7 on iTunes, only seasons 4, 6 & 7 on Vudu. (I'm still debating if I want to invest in season 8?)
Old 10-21-2019, 07:27 PM   #45
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Interesting note:

My FandangoNow movie collection increased by 1 from 1,253 to 1,254 today.

It hasn't been connected to MA for months.
A few days later, it dropped back down to 1,253 again.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:29 PM   #46
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBrowncoat View Post
Sadly FN has about 1200 less titles vs what UV would have been on top of the fact that they didn't grant MA rights to UV imports.
I'd say I'd complain to FandangoNow, but out of the few times I contacted FandangoNow for help, I only had one instance where they actually followed up with me.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:12 AM   #47
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Sahuarita, AZ

Quote:
I'd say I'd complain to FandangoNow, but out of the few times I contacted FandangoNow for help, I only had one instance where they actually followed up with me.
Their support is useless in this case as all they want to do is "refresh" your FN/MA link which is not the issue.

Can't seem to get them to understand what the issue is...
Old 10-23-2019, 12:48 AM   #48

Oct 2015

Wonder if I'm going to need to wait until everything is going movies Anywhere before I have things that were in the FandangoNOW ultraviolet tab resoli and isles is missing seasons 4-7 only the first 3 were imported ghost in the shell 2 and the remake were in the list but not imported and fn said that it can't even see my content on other storefronts like vudu,iTunes and Amazon but it was there in the ultraviolet library and seasons 1-7 are on fn so why's it only 1-3 bizarre ...well vudu might get back to me or I can call them again frustrating!
Old 01-26-2020, 11:36 PM   #49

Jul 2009
mexico
Send a message via Yahoo to cuau_cg

Still not working with MA? Has anyone been able to do it?
Old 01-27-2020, 01:44 AM   #50
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Sahuarita, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuau_cg View Post
Still not working with MA? Has anyone been able to do it?
Working with MA in what way?
Old 01-27-2020, 01:51 AM   #51
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBrowncoat View Post
Working with MA in what way?

He probably means if MA enabled titles imported from UV into the main FN library will port to MA. I don't think they ever will.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:00 AM   #52

Jul 2009
mexico
Send a message via Yahoo to cuau_cg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoBagginz View Post
He probably means if MA enabled titles imported from UV into the main FN library will port to MA. I don't think they ever will.
Yes, this.
So sad
Old 01-27-2020, 04:38 PM   #53
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Sahuarita, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoBagginz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuau_cg View Post
Yes, this.
So sad
I agree with Frodo, probably will never happen and makes me less inclined to use FandangoNow in the future - spending what credit I have there and then I am most likely done with them. Seems like everything is a hassle with FandangoNow and you have to fight them to make things right.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:29 AM   #54
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

For a while, my fear was that some UV titles would port out from FandangoNow to MA, and so I left my FandangoNow account unplugged.

When word came out that one can now "gift" yourself iTunes movies and have them flow to MA as 4K, I decided I would finally connect my FandangoNow account to MA again.

It deleted a bunch of titles I previously had in my library from UV. I ended up losing around 300 titles probably on FandangoNow.

To make matters stranger, I purchased a film FROM FandangoNow back in December. It won't port out from FandangoNow to Movies Anywhere.

Contacted Movies Anywhere about the issue. They told me it's a FandangoNow issue (after first telling me that the reason why it didn't port out is because I was billed through Roku), and am currently awaiting a response from FandangoNow. It's been almost two weeks.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:39 PM   #55
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2007

Quote:
For a while, my fear was that some UV titles would port out from FandangoNow to MA, and so I left my FandangoNow account unplugged.

When word came out that one can now "gift" yourself iTunes movies and have them flow to MA as 4K, I decided I would finally connect my FandangoNow account to MA again.

It deleted a bunch of titles I previously had in my library from UV. I ended up losing around 300 titles probably on FandangoNow.

To make matters stranger, I purchased a film FROM FandangoNow back in December. It won't port out from FandangoNow to Movies Anywhere.

Contacted Movies Anywhere about the issue. They told me it's a FandangoNow issue (after first telling me that the reason why it didn't port out is because I was billed through Roku), and am currently awaiting a response from FandangoNow. It's been almost two weeks.
Wow,...I wonder if I lost things .... I don't know... I mostly use iTunes and I haven't really kept up with Vudu or other things that I had like Fandango or Amazon. If I lost UV or Vudu content I wouldn't care anymore. I think almost all the people I shared my UV with have their own Vudu accounts attached to those movies now. A few of them didn't realize we were sharing UV and those movies are on their own accounts now.

What a mess this online streaming stuff is. I guess as each service dies (UV, Target Ticket, CinemaNow, Vudu) it gets a little more simple.

I couldn't go "all in" even with iTunes which I think does it best. I tried it and didn't like it.

Last edited by bhampton; 05-13-2020 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:33 PM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2016

Quote:

Weren't there a lot of emails from FandangoNow, Vudu, and UltraViolet telling everyone to not disconnect your FN account from UV during the transition?
Old 05-19-2020, 06:10 PM   #57
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctujackbauer View Post
Weren't there a lot of emails from FandangoNow, Vudu, and UltraViolet telling everyone to not disconnect your FN account from UV during the transition?
I disconnected my Movies Anywhere account from FandangoNow, not my Ultraviolet account.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:12 PM   #58
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:

I've gone back and forth between Movies Anywhere and FandangoNow about this one movie.

Movies Anywhere kept insisting that movies purchased through your Roku was not eligible to port out to Movies Anywhere. I provided proof that I purchased a film from FandangoNow via my Roku last Summer and it ported over with no problems, so they're taking another look at things.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)