Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The King of Braves GaoGaiGar: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$67.81

Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon - Season 2, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

The Demon Girl Next Door 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Inu-Oh (Blu-ray)
$18.35
1 day ago
Redo of Healer: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$36.68

Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Fate/Stay Night: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Blue Thermal (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
Record of Ragnarok: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$39.50

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 10-23-2019, 02:12 AM   #21
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlechateau View Post
Whoa, I didn't realize nust how hard it is to find GX Season 2 anymore. Nowhere to be found on Amazon or eBay as of the writing of this post. Makes me relieved that I picked each YGO Season as it was released. I also noticed that it's not easy finding the standard Blu-ray of Bonds Beyond Time, I can only find the Steelbook version. Luckily, I managed to find this on eBay for a reasonable price ($10) in amazing condition.
I'm not sure why GX Season 2 is so valuable. It is the only GX season that is seemingly out of print and has been that way for over (or nearly) a year now. I noticed 5D's Season 2 was out of stock on a couple of websites but it seems to have popped back up from reputable eBay sellers. Amazon got a few more in stock too. I'd keep my eye on that one in the future though, you never know.

GX season 2 never received a DVD release prior to 2015, maybe that is why it went out of print so quickly. Sold a bunch and never received another print run?
Old 12-21-2019, 02:41 AM   #22
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

The new series has been announced and it looks like a Beyblade Burst knockoff lol

Another series wrapped up and still no sign of VRAINS on DVD or even TV over here, crazy.
Thanks given by:
kenny305 (12-21-2019)
Old 12-21-2019, 03:08 AM   #23

Dec 2016
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
The new series has been announced and it looks like a Beyblade Burst knockoff lol

Yu-Gi-Oh Seven Anime New Trailer 2020 - YouTube

Another series wrapped up and still no sign of VRAINS on DVD or even TV over here, crazy.
Ha, so will Beyblade use trading cards from now on?
Old 12-21-2019, 03:13 AM   #24
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny305 View Post
Ha, so will Beyblade use trading cards from now on?
The character design looks similar to Beyblade Burst and that's not a good thing if you ask me. The studio animating the series will no longer be GALLOP, which would explain the change. The director is someone from the Buddycard Fight series. Saw this on Reddit a minute ago.
Old 12-21-2019, 04:31 AM   #25

Dec 2016
Florida

Quote:
The character design looks similar to Beyblade Burst and that's not a good thing if you ask me. The studio animating the series will no longer be GALLOP, which would explain the change. The director is someone from the Buddycard Fight series. Saw this on Reddit a minute ago.
Yeah I see what you're saying. The new studio is Bridge and they're responsible for shows like Flowering Heart, Nobunagun, The Royal Tutor, and The Seven Heavenly virtues. I am curious as to why GALLOP would be dropped like this around their 20th anniversary.
Old 12-21-2019, 04:53 AM   #26
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny305 View Post
Yeah I see what you're saying. The new studio is Bridge and they're responsible for shows like Flowering Heart, Nobunagun, The Royal Tutor, and The Seven Heavenly virtues. I am curious as to why GALLOP would be dropped like this around their 20th anniversary.
Maybe it has something to do with VRAINS lack of popularity?
Old 12-21-2019, 05:20 AM   #27

Dec 2016
Florida

Quote:
Maybe it has something to do with VRAINS lack of popularity?
That Could be true and it seems as if they're taking a chance on a younger demographic with that design.
Old 01-06-2020, 11:53 PM   #28
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

So I just got super lucky. I've been wanting to buy the complete Duel Monsters DVD set but acquiring an authentic copy at a cheap price isn't the easiest thing to do. Amazon and eBay are full of bootlegs and I wasn't about to pay a premium for a potential knockoff.

Last week a seller listed a sealed copy for $40 and accepted my offer of $25. I figured even if it were a bootleg I could request a return and get my money back one way or another. It arrived in the mail today and is 100% legit, everything checks out. I'm in shock that I got all 224 episodes for $25 dollars. Unfortunately some of the plastic arrived cracked because the seller didn't include any protection inside of the box, but I'm gonna let it slide after what a steal I got.
Thanks given by:
mysticwaterfall (01-07-2020), sagadego (01-07-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 07:37 PM   #29
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

This video makes an interesting point. The new Yu-Gi-Oh anime will be introducing something called "Rush Duels". Konami has stated that this format of dueling will remain exclusive to Japan (OCG) and not be introduced in the TCG, which is what we have here in North America.

The anime is created to promote TCG products and if the anime is focusing on a format that we won't be getting in NA, why would they bother giving it an English dub? VRAINS is still without any sort of dubbed North American TV, streaming or DVD release. I'm thinking that this new series won't be receiving a dub at all. The TCG barely used VRAINS characters as promotion. Konami is still using Yugi to this day. The brand new set that released two weeks ago is focusing on Yugi and his Dark Magician deck, along with a few new cards from the other protagonists too. It looks like they may be entirely moving away from focusing on the anime adaption.
Old 03-12-2020, 03:19 AM   #30
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Anyone have info on these Duel Monsters Blu-ray releases? I saw these and a few others pop up on eBay today and I don't recall hearing about them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/N-A-Yu-Gi-O...W/362941436795
Old 03-12-2020, 04:27 AM   #31
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2019
Richmond, CA

^They seem to only be the German versions. No Japanese nor English tracks.
Old 03-12-2020, 04:51 AM   #32
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikezilla3k View Post
^They seem to only be the German versions. No Japanese nor English tracks.
Looks like they came out in 2017 too. I'm trying to figure out how I'd never heard of them until tonight.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:35 PM   #33

Apr 2013

Uncut Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duel Monsters is available on crunchyrool with English subtitles. It's been releasing really slowly, after 5 years so far they are up through episode 200. It would be great if after it was finished someone could finally release a complete uncut home video release of the series. Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duel Monsters is the series that got me into importing DVD/BDs because no uncut version has ever been available in the US.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:38 PM   #34

Nov 2018

I was just looking, and it seems Classic Season 3 is no longer available on Amazon US/Canada or RightStuf. I figured the classic DVDs would be the last ones to go OOP, shocking.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:21 PM   #35
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlechateau View Post
I was just looking, and it seems Classic Season 3 is no longer available on Amazon US/Canada or RightStuf. I figured the classic DVDs would be the last ones to go OOP, shocking.
A handful of the Yu-Gi-Oh seasons are going out of print it seems. GX Season 2 and 3 are gone everywhere, Zexal Season 3 is gone from RS along with ARC V Season 2.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:31 PM   #36
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Pluto TV Secures Exclusive Rights to Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS & Branded Yu-Gi-Oh! AVOD Channel

https://martechseries.com/bs-enterta...-avod-channel/

This is the first time the VRAINS dub is available in the U.S.
Thanks given by:
Mikezilla3k (11-07-2020)
Old 03-24-2021, 09:23 PM   #37
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Keeping a list of the hell that modern Yu-Gi-Oh anime goes through to get aired on TV and released physically:

Teletoon has seemingly removed VRAINS from both reruns and premieres, Australia got to episode 98 and hasn't made it past that point, Pluto TV airs it for free every Friday night.

In a recent YouTube stream one of the dub voice actors said he finished recording all of his lines for VRAINS.

Nicktoons cut an entire season of ARC-V back in 2018, final season of GX never dubbed or aired anywhere, 5D's cut up in random places and never completed airing.

A handful of Cinedigm's Yu-Gi-Oh seasons are now out of print, including:

DM/Classic Season 3 and 4 (Complete Series still in print)
GX Season 2 and 3
Zexal Season 1, Season 2 temp OOS on Amazon

Best Buy has basically every single season/series marked as "Sold Out" and has been this way for months. RightStuf has completely removed listings for everything except 5D's Season 1 and 2, ARC V Season 2 and Classic Complete Series. Meaning all of these could hypothetically be out of print. Most readily available seasons on Amazon aren't sold via Amazon.com and are third party. VRAINS physical is nowhere to be seen and has not been announced.
Thanks given by:
Kid Boruto (08-09-2021), sagadego (03-25-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 10:33 PM   #38
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Keeping a list of the hell that modern Yu-Gi-Oh anime goes through to get aired on TV and released physically:

Teletoon has seemingly removed VRAINS from both reruns and premieres, Australia got to episode 98 and hasn't made it past that point, Pluto TV airs it for free every Friday night.

In a recent YouTube stream one of the dub voice actors said he finished recording all of his lines for VRAINS.

Nicktoons cut an entire season of ARC-V back in 2018, final season of GX never dubbed or aired anywhere, 5D's cut up in random places and never completed airing.

A handful of Cinedigm's Yu-Gi-Oh seasons are now out of print, including:

DM/Classic Season 3 and 4 (Complete Series still in print)
GX Season 2 and 3
Zexal Season 1, Season 2 temp OOS on Amazon

Best Buy has basically every single season/series marked as "Sold Out" and has been this way for months. RightStuf has completely removed listings for everything except 5D's Season 1 and 2, ARC V Season 2 and Classic Complete Series. Meaning all of these could hypothetically be out of print. Most readily available seasons on Amazon aren't sold via Amazon.com and are third party. VRAINS physical is nowhere to be seen and has not been announced.
With GX it was like 4Kids was telling the networks like Toonami, Fox Kids, and CW wait youíre still airing GX? What about 5Dís? Then of course Toonami, Fox Kids were dying as 4Kids moved on to 5Dís for wanting to jump into 5Dís immediately. 5Dís aired on CW and Cartoon Network until 4Kids was sued for GX episodes being on Youtube when not having the permission to do that from TV Tokyo which barred the license making only Zexal able to be Dubbed while CWís Vortexx died out and Nicktoons not finishing it either so was moved to Hulu.
Old 03-25-2021, 12:49 PM   #39

Nov 2018

I'm pretty sure the decision to cut GX and 5D's short was a decision made by Konami, not 4Kids. The first 5D's pack (The Duelist Genesis) was released September 2, 2008 with the first 5D's episode airing September 13, 2008. The first Zexal pack (Generation Force) was released August 16, 2011 with the first Zexal episode airing October 15, 2011. There simply wasn't enough time for the remaining episodes to be adapted unless Konami was willing to delay the packs, which would be counter-productive to the show's primary existence to promote said packs. 4Kids had no real incentive to skip those episodes since they didn't get a cut of the TCG sales, leaving me convinced this was Konami's doing.

As for the dub's future, it seems very uncertain right now. The DVDs are quickly disappearing, Netflix now only has two of the first five seasons available, ARC-V's Blu-ray run was cut short, and VRAINS' distribution has been an utter trainwreck with no home release in sight. I know Darren Dunstan recently said that a dub for SEVENS is "coming soon" but it would not surprise me if that's something still in the air. "Rush Duels" apparently are going to be exclusive to Japan, so adapting SEVENS wouldn't be for the purpose of promoting that format internationally. I hate to be pessimistic, but I don't see it happening.
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (03-25-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 03:51 PM   #40
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

The choice to end GX early was absolutely due to the TCG and anime needing to be released close together for promotional purposes. This was over a decade ago when they still cared about that sort of thing. Look at the NA TCG scene now. Yu-Gi-Oh SEVENS cards are nowhere to be found and therefore no dub of the anime.

I think Konami has accepted that everyone is down to throw money at nostalgia and that's why they continually cash in on DM nostalgia themed sets. April's 'Ghosts from the Past' set for example. Ghost Rare Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl, Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon, Black Luster Soldier - Soldier of Chaos. Then we have Holiday 2020's Maximum Gold set, complete with Gold editions of the DM monsters listed above and then some, like Red-Eyes and others.

Yu-Gi-Oh is in a really weird spot in the US at the moment.
Thanks given by:
battlechateau (03-25-2021), sagadego (03-25-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime