Best Anime Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The King of Braves GaoGaiGar: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$67.81
1 day ago
Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$37.49
 
The Demon Girl Next Door 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: Set 14 (Blu-ray)
$31.51
2 hrs ago
Inu-Oh (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan / Broly - Second Coming / Bio-Broly (Blu-ray)
$16.83
 
Tetsujin 28 FX: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$46.39
1 day ago
GATE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99
 
Record of Ragnarok: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
Lupin the 3rd Part I: The Classic Adventures (Blu-ray)
$45.50
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2019, 12:00 PM   #21
TheLibrarian TheLibrarian is offline
Member
 
Sep 2015
Ireland
252
59
Default

Forgot anyone in the UK or Ireland, I did ask Manga UK about whether or not we can expect any more of the movies or the TV specials, particularly the ones already authored by Madman and this was their response:

Quote:
Hi! We're in negotiations with the licensor on One Piece, so no news to share at this point. Keep an eye on our social feeds and we'll post updates as and when we can!
So, cautiously optimistic we will see more Blu-Rays for the movies and specials, maybe more Collections for those who are currently collecting the series. Who knows maybe Stampede will get a theatrical run (not just Edinburgh) and we will see a string of new releases leading up to it. Would definitely be a good chance for Manga UK to cash in and strike while the iron's hot.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #22
ps3bd_owner ps3bd_owner is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ps3bd_owner's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLibrarian View Post
Forgot anyone in the UK or Ireland, I did ask Manga UK about whether or not we can expect any more of the movies or the TV specials, particularly the ones already authored by Madman and this was their response:



So, cautiously optimistic we will see more Blu-Rays for the movies and specials, maybe more Collections for those who are currently collecting the series. Who knows maybe Stampede will get a theatrical run (not just Edinburgh) and we will see a string of new releases leading up to it. Would definitely be a good chance for Manga UK to cash in and strike while the iron's hot.
Given that Manga U.K. is now owned by FUNimation the authoring may be done directly by FUNimation themselves rather than Madman (who knows if FUNi will buy them too).

Besides, they could just make the R1 discs compatible with R2 DVD players too, FUNimation used to allow it back then. Dragon Ball GT Singles were Region 1, 2 and 4. Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box was R1 and R4, and so on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:09 PM   #23
NormanicGrav NormanicGrav is offline
Power Member
 
NormanicGrav's Avatar
 
Jul 2015
England, United Kingdom
69
1171
Default

Looks like the One Piece English dub news is upon us.

On Toei Animation's Twitter page - D

On Funimation's Twitter page - U

On One Piece Official's Twitter page - B
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
dragonpiece (10-19-2019), GenPion (10-19-2019), professorwho (10-19-2019)
Old 10-19-2019, 10:11 PM   #24
professorwho professorwho is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
professorwho's Avatar
 
Apr 2017
97
626
63
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanicGrav View Post
Looks like the One Piece English dub news is upon us.

On Toei Animation's Twitter page - D

On Funimation's Twitter page - U

On One Piece Official's Twitter page - B
Johnny Yong Bosh replacing the creepy guy as Sabo.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
sagadego (10-19-2019)
Old 10-19-2019, 10:13 PM   #25
dragonpiece dragonpiece is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanicGrav View Post
Looks like the One Piece English dub news is upon us.

On Toei Animation's Twitter page - D

On Funimation's Twitter page - U

On One Piece Official's Twitter page - B
It'll be curious to see if they just decide to continue the 13 episode voyage route as normal or if they'll try something new.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:24 PM   #26
GenPion GenPion is offline
Blu-ray.com Reviewer
 
GenPion's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Texas
629
3864
3
244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanicGrav View Post
Looks like the One Piece English dub news is upon us.

On Toei Animation's Twitter page - D

On Funimation's Twitter page - U

On One Piece Official's Twitter page - B
That's good to hear! I just hope they can start to speed up production. Otherwise, I don't see how the cast will ever catch up with current episodes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:28 PM   #27
NormanicGrav NormanicGrav is offline
Power Member
 
NormanicGrav's Avatar
 
Jul 2015
England, United Kingdom
69
1171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
That's good to hear! I just hope they can start to speed up production. Otherwise, I don't see how the cast will ever catch up with current episodes.
I remember reading somewhere that the Punk Hazard arc (579-628) was already dubbed apparently. I wonder if the long wait is because they want to switch to Blu-ray instead (which I guess would make sense).
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
GenPion (10-20-2019), professorwho (10-19-2019), sagadego (10-19-2019)
Old 10-19-2019, 10:35 PM   #28
ps3bd_owner ps3bd_owner is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ps3bd_owner's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpiece View Post
It'll be curious to see if they just decide to continue the 13 episode voyage route as normal or if they'll try something new.
It can't be viable for them to continue printing releases with only 13 episodes considering this has nearly 1k+. Probably cancel the Voyage sets, continue the Collection sets and Limited Edition boxsets with 300~500 eps.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:13 AM   #29
GenPion GenPion is offline
Blu-ray.com Reviewer
 
GenPion's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Texas
629
3864
3
244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanicGrav View Post
I remember reading somewhere that the Punk Hazard arc (579-628) was already dubbed apparently. I wonder if the long wait is because they want to switch to Blu-ray instead (which I guess would make sense).
I hope so! I would love for future releases of the series to arrive on Blu-ray this go around.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:05 PM   #30
NormanicGrav NormanicGrav is offline
Power Member
 
NormanicGrav's Avatar
 
Jul 2015
England, United Kingdom
69
1171
Default

Funimation has officially confirmed the Punk Hazard English dub. It's going to be streaming first on Funimation Now by the looks of it.

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (10-20-2019)
Old 10-20-2019, 05:54 PM   #31
InuYashaCrusade InuYashaCrusade is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
InuYashaCrusade's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
-
17
Default

Streaming first? I guess that's progress. It seems like everything is initially released on streaming before physical these days anyway.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:04 PM   #32
ps3bd_owner ps3bd_owner is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ps3bd_owner's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanicGrav View Post
Funimation has officially confirmed the Punk Hazard English dub. It's going to be streaming first on Funimation Now by the looks of it.

YouTube
Hopefully they'll release the series on Blu-ray and TOEI remastered the early episodes as well so it's a possibility. But let's see how they'll be up releasing all 900+ episodes on physical format.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:29 PM   #33
different different is offline
Senior Member
 
Jul 2017
30
Default

At this point, I wouldn't buy One Piece blu-rays unless they were released in 100 episode sets..
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 08:03 PM   #34
renegadeviking renegadeviking is offline
Senior Member
 
renegadeviking's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Minnesota
422
3020
831
Default

I'm bummed that One Piece Collection 34 isn't released. It was supposed to be out this year. One Piece is a fantastic anime. The entire Dragon Ball Super series is on bluray and entire Bleach is on bluray, yet not all One Piece episodes are on dvd. I know the animation quality decreased after the two years later episode, but I bet people still buy DVDs. The boxsets were a hot sell on Amazon in the top 10 of anime dvds.

The DVDs boxset are $30 and Bluray boxset will make it $40! That gotta be careful about that price point or the discs might be cancelled. Thrift Stores are selling $10 boxsets!

Last edited by renegadeviking; 12-30-2019 at 08:08 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:32 PM   #35
PissedOffPeoN PissedOffPeoN is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Nov 2013
Missouri
67
Default

Not all of Bleach is on blu ray yet but it is still coming alot of filler to upscale :P.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 12:31 AM   #36
InuYashaCrusade InuYashaCrusade is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
InuYashaCrusade's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
-
17
Default

Comparing One Piece to Naruto and Bleach isn't fair in my opinion. Bleach and Naruto have both had greater success in North America, especially Naruto. One Piece never really took off over here, it has a dedicated following but nothing like the other two. The 4Kids years hurt the series a lot.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Nothing371 (12-31-2019)
Old 01-02-2020, 01:26 AM   #37
renegadeviking renegadeviking is offline
Senior Member
 
renegadeviking's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Minnesota
422
3020
831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
Comparing One Piece to Naruto and Bleach isn't fair in my opinion. Bleach and Naruto have both had greater success in North America, especially Naruto. One Piece never really took off over here, it has a dedicated following but nothing like the other two. The 4Kids years hurt the series a lot.
I didn't watch the 4kids series. I thought that Australia, UK, and Europe use the Funimation dub. Why would someone think it was the 4kids dub? The real reason One Piece is not selling is Wal-Mart and Best Buy won't stock in the anime section at the store. Just argue Barnes and Noble stores sell the manga at the store.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 01:49 AM   #38
InuYashaCrusade InuYashaCrusade is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
InuYashaCrusade's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
-
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadeviking View Post
I didn't watch the 4kids series. I thought that Australia, UK, and Europe use the Funimation dub. Why would someone think it was the 4kids dub? The real reason One Piece is not selling is Wal-Mart and Best Buy won't stock in the anime section at the store. Just argue Barnes and Noble stores sell the manga at the store.
I didn't say someone thought it was the 4Kids dub. I said that the 4Kids years hurt the franchise as a whole because it was the first introduction to OP in North America. If the sets sold in store then you can be sure they'd be carried by the retailers, but here we are.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 06:51 AM   #39
MOONPHASE MOONPHASE is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
MOONPHASE's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
California
8
507
813
18
25
Default

The only thing that hurt One Piece is itís never-ending amount of episodes with all of the filler and how the story in the Anime seems to kind of drag. Itís still a great series but hard to watch for newcomers.

4Kids ruined it back in the day but ultimately it has nothing to do with its decline today.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
demomanTNA (04-21-2020)
Old 01-02-2020, 03:58 PM   #40
InuYashaCrusade InuYashaCrusade is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
InuYashaCrusade's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
-
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
The only thing that hurt One Piece is itís never-ending amount of episodes with all of the filler and how the story in the Anime seems to kind of drag. Itís still a great series but hard to watch for newcomers.

4Kids ruined it back in the day but ultimately it has nothing to do with its decline today.
Yeah the episode count is ridiculous. I dropped Shippuden somewhere in the middle of the war because it was getting too long and too uninteresting. I couldn't imagine watching nearly 1000 episodes of One Piece.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:11 PM.