Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The King of Braves GaoGaiGar: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$67.81
1 day ago
Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$37.49

The Demon Girl Next Door 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: Set 14 (Blu-ray)
$31.51
2 hrs ago
Inu-Oh (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan / Broly - Second Coming / Bio-Broly (Blu-ray)
$16.83

Tetsujin 28 FX: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$46.39
1 day ago
GATE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99

Record of Ragnarok: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Lupin the 3rd Part I: The Classic Adventures (Blu-ray)
$45.50

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 10-18-2019, 12:00 PM   #21

Sep 2015
Ireland

Forgot anyone in the UK or Ireland, I did ask Manga UK about whether or not we can expect any more of the movies or the TV specials, particularly the ones already authored by Madman and this was their response:

Quote:
Hi! We're in negotiations with the licensor on One Piece, so no news to share at this point. Keep an eye on our social feeds and we'll post updates as and when we can!
So, cautiously optimistic we will see more Blu-Rays for the movies and specials, maybe more Collections for those who are currently collecting the series. Who knows maybe Stampede will get a theatrical run (not just Edinburgh) and we will see a string of new releases leading up to it. Would definitely be a good chance for Manga UK to cash in and strike while the iron's hot.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLibrarian View Post
Forgot anyone in the UK or Ireland, I did ask Manga UK about whether or not we can expect any more of the movies or the TV specials, particularly the ones already authored by Madman and this was their response:

So, cautiously optimistic we will see more Blu-Rays for the movies and specials, maybe more Collections for those who are currently collecting the series. Who knows maybe Stampede will get a theatrical run (not just Edinburgh) and we will see a string of new releases leading up to it. Would definitely be a good chance for Manga UK to cash in and strike while the iron's hot.
Given that Manga U.K. is now owned by FUNimation the authoring may be done directly by FUNimation themselves rather than Madman (who knows if FUNi will buy them too).

Besides, they could just make the R1 discs compatible with R2 DVD players too, FUNimation used to allow it back then. Dragon Ball GT Singles were Region 1, 2 and 4. Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box was R1 and R4, and so on.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:09 PM   #23
Power Member

Jul 2015
England, United Kingdom

Looks like the One Piece English dub news is upon us.

On Toei Animation's Twitter page - D

On Funimation's Twitter page - U

On One Piece Official's Twitter page - B
Thanks given by:
dragonpiece (10-19-2019), GenPion (10-19-2019), professorwho (10-19-2019)
Old 10-19-2019, 10:11 PM   #24
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanicGrav View Post

Johnny Yong Bosh replacing the creepy guy as Sabo.
Thanks given by:
sagadego (10-19-2019)
Old 10-19-2019, 10:13 PM   #25

Nov 2011

Quote:

It'll be curious to see if they just decide to continue the 13 episode voyage route as normal or if they'll try something new.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:24 PM   #26
Blu-ray.com Reviewer

Feb 2009
Texas

Quote:

That's good to hear! I just hope they can start to speed up production. Otherwise, I don't see how the cast will ever catch up with current episodes.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:28 PM   #27
Power Member

Jul 2015
England, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
That's good to hear! I just hope they can start to speed up production. Otherwise, I don't see how the cast will ever catch up with current episodes.
I remember reading somewhere that the Punk Hazard arc (579-628) was already dubbed apparently. I wonder if the long wait is because they want to switch to Blu-ray instead (which I guess would make sense).
Thanks given by:
GenPion (10-20-2019), professorwho (10-19-2019), sagadego (10-19-2019)
Old 10-19-2019, 10:35 PM   #28
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpiece View Post
It'll be curious to see if they just decide to continue the 13 episode voyage route as normal or if they'll try something new.
It can't be viable for them to continue printing releases with only 13 episodes considering this has nearly 1k+. Probably cancel the Voyage sets, continue the Collection sets and Limited Edition boxsets with 300~500 eps.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:13 AM   #29
Blu-ray.com Reviewer

Feb 2009
Texas

Quote:
I remember reading somewhere that the Punk Hazard arc (579-628) was already dubbed apparently. I wonder if the long wait is because they want to switch to Blu-ray instead (which I guess would make sense).
I hope so! I would love for future releases of the series to arrive on Blu-ray this go around.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:05 PM   #30
Power Member

Jul 2015
England, United Kingdom

Funimation has officially confirmed the Punk Hazard English dub. It's going to be streaming first on Funimation Now by the looks of it.

Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (10-20-2019)
Old 10-20-2019, 05:54 PM   #31
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Streaming first? I guess that's progress. It seems like everything is initially released on streaming before physical these days anyway.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:04 PM   #32
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2011

Quote:
Funimation has officially confirmed the Punk Hazard English dub. It's going to be streaming first on Funimation Now by the looks of it.

YouTube
Hopefully they'll release the series on Blu-ray and TOEI remastered the early episodes as well so it's a possibility. But let's see how they'll be up releasing all 900+ episodes on physical format.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:29 PM   #33

Jul 2017

At this point, I wouldn't buy One Piece blu-rays unless they were released in 100 episode sets..
Old 12-30-2019, 08:03 PM   #34

Jun 2011
Minnesota

I'm bummed that One Piece Collection 34 isn't released. It was supposed to be out this year. One Piece is a fantastic anime. The entire Dragon Ball Super series is on bluray and entire Bleach is on bluray, yet not all One Piece episodes are on dvd. I know the animation quality decreased after the two years later episode, but I bet people still buy DVDs. The boxsets were a hot sell on Amazon in the top 10 of anime dvds.

The DVDs boxset are $30 and Bluray boxset will make it $40! That gotta be careful about that price point or the discs might be cancelled. Thrift Stores are selling $10 boxsets!

Last edited by renegadeviking; 12-30-2019 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:32 PM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2013
Missouri

Not all of Bleach is on blu ray yet but it is still coming alot of filler to upscale :P.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:31 AM   #36
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Comparing One Piece to Naruto and Bleach isn't fair in my opinion. Bleach and Naruto have both had greater success in North America, especially Naruto. One Piece never really took off over here, it has a dedicated following but nothing like the other two. The 4Kids years hurt the series a lot.
Thanks given by:
Nothing371 (12-31-2019)
Old 01-02-2020, 01:26 AM   #37

Jun 2011
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
Comparing One Piece to Naruto and Bleach isn't fair in my opinion. Bleach and Naruto have both had greater success in North America, especially Naruto. One Piece never really took off over here, it has a dedicated following but nothing like the other two. The 4Kids years hurt the series a lot.
I didn't watch the 4kids series. I thought that Australia, UK, and Europe use the Funimation dub. Why would someone think it was the 4kids dub? The real reason One Piece is not selling is Wal-Mart and Best Buy won't stock in the anime section at the store. Just argue Barnes and Noble stores sell the manga at the store.
Old 01-02-2020, 01:49 AM   #38
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadeviking View Post
I didn't watch the 4kids series. I thought that Australia, UK, and Europe use the Funimation dub. Why would someone think it was the 4kids dub? The real reason One Piece is not selling is Wal-Mart and Best Buy won't stock in the anime section at the store. Just argue Barnes and Noble stores sell the manga at the store.
I didn't say someone thought it was the 4Kids dub. I said that the 4Kids years hurt the franchise as a whole because it was the first introduction to OP in North America. If the sets sold in store then you can be sure they'd be carried by the retailers, but here we are.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:51 AM   #39
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2007
California

The only thing that hurt One Piece is itís never-ending amount of episodes with all of the filler and how the story in the Anime seems to kind of drag. Itís still a great series but hard to watch for newcomers.

4Kids ruined it back in the day but ultimately it has nothing to do with its decline today.
Thanks given by:
demomanTNA (04-21-2020)
Old 01-02-2020, 03:58 PM   #40
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
The only thing that hurt One Piece is itís never-ending amount of episodes with all of the filler and how the story in the Anime seems to kind of drag. Itís still a great series but hard to watch for newcomers.

4Kids ruined it back in the day but ultimately it has nothing to do with its decline today.
Yeah the episode count is ridiculous. I dropped Shippuden somewhere in the middle of the war because it was getting too long and too uninteresting. I couldn't imagine watching nearly 1000 episodes of One Piece.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime