Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The King of Braves GaoGaiGar: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$67.81
1 day ago
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$37.49

The Demon Girl Next Door 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: Set 14 (Blu-ray)
$31.51
1 hr ago
Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan / Broly - Second Coming / Bio-Broly (Blu-ray)
$16.83

Inu-Oh (Blu-ray)
$19.96

GATE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99

Record of Ragnarok: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Tetsujin 28 FX: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$46.39
1 day ago
Lupin the 3rd Part I: The Classic Adventures (Blu-ray)
$45.50

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 12-06-2019, 12:55 AM   #1
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-
Default Detective Conan (Case Closed)

Detective Conan / Case Closed on Blu-ray from Discotek

Case Closed Episode "One" Blu-ray
[Show spoiler]

Lupin the 3rd Vs Detective Conan The Movie Blu-ray
[Show spoiler]

Case Closed Sunflowers of Inferno Blu-ray
[Show spoiler]

Case Closed The Darkest Nightmare Blu-ray
[Show spoiler]

Case Closed The Crimson Love Letter Blu-ray
[Show spoiler]

Case Closed Zero The Enforcer Blu-ray
[Show spoiler]

Case Closed The Fist of Blue Sapphire Blu-ray
[Show spoiler]

Last edited by InuYashaCrusade; 05-18-2022 at 11:53 PM.
Thanks given by:
Gorgon (03-09-2020), professorwho (12-06-2019)
Old 12-06-2019, 04:13 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012
AZ, USA

I’m actually going to be in Anaheim this weekend (visiting Disneyland), and I didn’t know this was happening. Never heard of this Expo, and I’m not sure much else interests me other than Detective Conan/Case Closed. Might seriously consider Saturday at the least.

I do hope the films (whether dub or sub) end up somewhere in North America, whether it’s Crunchyroll (which has the latest Detective Conan episodes subtitled) or even DVD.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:22 PM   #3
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywildcat View Post
I’m actually going to be in Anaheim this weekend (visiting Disneyland), and I didn’t know this was happening. Never heard of this Expo, and I’m not sure much else interests me other than Detective Conan/Case Closed. Might seriously consider Saturday at the least.

I do hope the films (whether dub or sub) end up somewhere in North America, whether it’s Crunchyroll (which has the latest Detective Conan episodes subtitled) or even DVD.
If you do end up going to the screening then let us know how the dub is. I've seen one leaked clip on Reddit and it was 2 minutes long. Conan and Shinichi are the only characters I've heard.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:27 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2011

So, TMS now holds the license of Detective Conan in the U.S.? I've always been interested in this series, but has far too many episodes and binging it would just ruin the experience.

Hopefully they release the series on Blu-ray and drop the dub name "Case Closed" permanently and stick to the official as it's known worldwide.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:15 PM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2014
Atlanta GA

Very weird and unfortunate that they didn’t even attempt to bring back the established English voice cast (Jerry Jewell, Colleen Clinkenbeard, Alison Viktorin, R Bruce Elliott, Monica Rial, etc). I’ve only ever watched the episodes that FUNimation got (I like the show, but not enough to keep watching for 1000+ episodes), but I would’ve been looking more forward to this if they didn’t change the voices. I can deal with the names reverting back to the Japanese names, but the cast was so good, I can’t imagine any other English voices.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:24 AM   #6
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
So, TMS now holds the license of Detective Conan in the U.S.? I've always been interested in this series, but has far too many episodes and binging it would just ruin the experience.

Hopefully they release the series on Blu-ray and drop the dub name "Case Closed" permanently and stick to the official as it's known worldwide.
TMS produces Detective Conan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffOliver View Post
Very weird and unfortunate that they didnít even attempt to bring back the established English voice cast (Jerry Jewell, Colleen Clinkenbeard, Alison Viktorin, R Bruce Elliott, Monica Rial, etc). Iíve only ever watched the episodes that FUNimation got (I like the show, but not enough to keep watching for 1000+ episodes), but I wouldíve been looking more forward to this if they didnít change the voices. I can deal with the names reverting back to the Japanese names, but the cast was so good, I canít imagine any other English voices.
Conan's new voice is actually really good, almost surprisingly good in my opinion. I haven't heard Ran's voice yet.
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (12-07-2019)
Old 12-07-2019, 03:17 AM   #7
Blu-ray Prince

Sep 2014

This is one show I’ve always to really check out. I think I’ve seen maybe 1 or 2 episodes but remember liking it. If these get physical BDs I might pick them up.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:32 AM   #8
Power Member

Jul 2015
Flat earth, upper Left hand Corner:)

I'd only watch if they cast Arnold and David Bowie's ex
Old 12-07-2019, 03:38 AM   #9
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness2918 View Post
This is one show Iíve always to really check out. I think Iíve seen maybe 1 or 2 episodes but remember liking it. If these get physical BDs I might pick them up.
I really like the series, it has a bit of everything. I've seen/own all of the episodes that Funimation released and find myself rewatching it often. I stumbled upon it as a kid, think it used to air reruns before or after InuYasha around 5 AM on Adult Swim.
Old 12-07-2019, 04:56 AM   #10
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
I really like the series, it has a bit of everything. I've seen/own all of the episodes that Funimation released and find myself rewatching it often. I stumbled upon it as a kid, think it used to air reruns before or after InuYasha around 5 AM on Adult Swim.
I remember it when it was on 12:30AM.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:46 PM   #11

Mar 2019

I remember it when it was 3:15 PM - it aired in Europe in the afternoon, but it took some time till the station decided to go uncut (only some overlength episodes that didn't fit into a regular timeslot were still a little chopped)

In some countries Detective Conan is at least half as popular as Dragon Ball or One Piece, so it's no real surprise that TMS wants a fresh restart for the franchise after Funimation dropping it several years ago. This could be Hulu, Netflix or any other popular streaming service (incl Crunchy), that doesn't require editing or censorship.

Whilest all movies and some specials already have overseas Blu-rays, the series is still released DVD-only in all foreign markets.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:55 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TThomas View Post
I remember it when it was 3:15 PM - it aired in Europe in the afternoon, but it took some time till the station decided to go uncut (only some overlength episodes that didn't fit into a regular timeslot were still a little chopped)

In some countries Detective Conan is at least half as popular as Dragon Ball or One Piece, so it's no real surprise that TMS wants a fresh restart for the franchise after Funimation dropping it several years ago. This could be Hulu, Netflix or any other popular streaming service (incl Crunchy), that doesn't require editing or censorship.

Whilest all movies and some specials already have overseas Blu-rays, the series is still released DVD-only in all foreign markets.
Dude, Europe is a continent so you need to be more specific.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:55 PM   #13

Mar 2019

It's not like free-to-air satellite tv channels were ever limited to a single country.
I know about TV stations in Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Austria and several others, who aired Conan uncut in afternoon or children's timeslots. But I guess non of these was english-friendly.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:20 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012
AZ, USA

At CharaExpo right now. Watching Episode one. Dub seems good so far.

They’re promoting the Case Closed Runner mobile app over here. So I guess they are still using the Case Closed name for now.
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (12-08-2019), professorwho (12-08-2019)
Old 12-08-2019, 12:31 AM   #15
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywildcat View Post
At CharaExpo right now. Watching Episode one. Dub seems good so far.

They’re promoting the Case Closed Runner mobile app over here. So I guess they are still using the Case Closed name for now.
Something must have happened between the premiere of Zero the Enforcer and these two new showings. Maybe TMS is playing it safe or they'd rather use the pre established name.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:05 AM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012
AZ, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
Something must have happened between the premiere of Zero the Enforcer and these two new showings. Maybe TMS is playing it safe or they'd rather use the pre established name.
Perhaps so. I did see the credits for Episode One. Conan is voiced by Wendee Lee. Ran is voiced by Christina Vee, who is pretty good for the character. TMS Entertainment USA is credited as the producer and Bang Zoom Entertainment is credited for dub production.

Didnít go to the Crimson Love Letter screening the following day, as I didnít have time to go.
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (12-09-2019)
Old 01-02-2020, 09:53 PM   #17
Expert Member

Sep 2015

Here is a clip of conans new voice. The "episode one special" has been dubbed also.

https://twitter.com/ShroomMeister/st...46275017564161

Shame no one is talking about this anywhere. Only one main youtube site is really talking about this. Not having the first five seasons on cruncyroll and Netflix may be hurting this shows new viewers. They can't see these early episodes.
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (01-03-2020)
Old 01-02-2020, 10:36 PM   #18
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaastra View Post
Here is a clip of conans new voice. The "episode one special" has been dubbed also.

https://twitter.com/ShroomMeister/st...46275017564161

Shame no one is talking about this anywhere. Only one main youtube site is really talking about this. Not having the first five seasons on cruncyroll and Netflix may be hurting this shows new viewers. They can't see these early episodes.
Well 1 could argue that you can easily buy the DVD Volumes even if itís the original English Dub.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:53 PM   #19
Expert Member

Sep 2015

The sets go for $60 or higher and the movies can go up to $100! The single dvds are cheaper however and are pretty cheap.
Old 01-03-2020, 12:23 AM   #20
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaastra View Post
The sets go for $60 or higher and the movies can go up to $100! The single dvds are cheaper however and are pretty cheap.
Well that’s what I meant by Volumes and not like Seasons. Though there are the S.A.V.E. Season Sets too which should at least be cheaper than the standard Season Sets.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Tags
anime, blu-ray, case closed, detective conan