Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993) (Blu-ray)
$80.99
1 day ago
Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 day ago
Black Adam 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
14 hrs ago
Heart of Dragon (Blu-ray)
$26.99
1 day ago
House of the Dragon: The Complete First Season 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.24
2 hrs ago
Halloween Ends 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
13 hrs ago
The Fly Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

The Conjuring Universe 7-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Memoirs of a Geisha (Blu-ray)
$6.99
20 hrs ago
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.35
1 day ago
48 Hrs. / Another 48 Hrs. 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 11-30-2022, 05:02 AM   #401
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeRunner View Post
Was this only in theatres in California and New York or something? Couldn't find anything near me.
It's playing at my local theater, and I'm in Charleston, SC.

I haven't gone yet because 2 small kids, a sick wife, and no babysitter. Priorities.
Thanks given by:
Jay H. (11-30-2022)
Old 11-30-2022, 05:03 AM   #402
Blu-ray King

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Was this only in theatres in California and New York or something? Couldn't find anything near me.
Nope, 600 theaters across the country. They're mostly dried up after Tuesday here in NYC (just one Regal showing it starting tomorrow, no more AMC locations), so if you've only just looked now, then you're probably too late.
Old 11-30-2022, 05:12 AM   #403
Special Member

Sep 2012
The Frozen North

Quote:
Originally Posted by benskelly View Post
A little book catching a bullet?
[Show spoiler]I can't argue your other points, but this one is plausible. The gun was *I believe* a Colt 1903. It has a smaller bullet, and it did go through glass, which would have slowed it down some. Add the distance from the glass to the character, the bullet would have slowed more. Was it a convenient shot? Sure, but one that is plausible and survivable.

It definitely would have hurt a lot and probably would have at least cracked a rib.
Old 11-30-2022, 05:36 AM   #404
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Nope, 600 theaters across the country. They're mostly dried up after Tuesday here in NYC (just one Regal showing it starting tomorrow, no more AMC locations), so if you've only just looked now, then you're probably too late.
nope looking at theatres hours away all week and saw nothing
Old 11-30-2022, 05:48 AM   #405
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013

Quote:
nope looking at theatres hours away all week and saw nothing
AMC, Regal, and Cinemark were the only chains to get this. The only AMC that had it near me thankfully was my town’s here in the Midwest. Otherwise, it wasn’t at any of the others 1 or 2 hours away from me, either.
Old 11-30-2022, 06:39 AM   #406
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2014
Under an arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKryten View Post
Except that these days if you want a basic cable subscription with a decent selection of channels and say one movie channel you'll be paying SIGNIFICANTLY more per month than having five or six streaming services including HBO Max. You'll be missing the local channels (which you can pick up with an OTA antenna) and a good sports package (ESPN+ is pathetic) but you'll be paying about half what you would pay for cable. Plus there's the poison pill (for some) of paying for (Fox News/MSNBC - pick what you hate here) and thus sending some of your money to them.

I miss the sports but otherwise am perfectly happy spending much less on five or six streaming services...
I've read (meaning I've no proof) that most of my cable money went to ESPN and I don't even watch sports. So there is a factor of to whom I don't want to give money. The only news I need is traffic, weather, and stock prices. Everything else is at least a partial lie.

I use three services. Apple is cheap, Amazon I had for years before noticing they had movies so I don't really count them, and Disney+ which I'm dropping in April. I used to have Netflix, which I dropped and that wasn't too much. Point is, I don't spend more than 15 bucks a month and stream movies constantly. A basic cable package here is 45 bucks with premium channels (like Disney and HBO) costing extra.
Pro tip: you can cancel services and re-subscribe later. F-+* cable.

P.S. And most of cable channels had an obnoxious amount of commercial time.
Old 11-30-2022, 01:42 PM   #407
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011

I did a double feature of the banshees of inisherin and glass onion knives out 2 at my regal yesterday I really enjoyed both movies. Glass onion was a blast it was awesome to see Edward Norton on the big screen again I hope Netflix gives a 4k blu ray release in the future maybe criterion can pick this up next year??
Old 11-30-2022, 02:14 PM   #408
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon1281 View Post
I've read (meaning I've no proof) that most of my cable money went to ESPN and I don't even watch sports. So there is a factor of to whom I don't want to give money. The only news I need is traffic, weather, and stock prices. Everything else is at least a partial lie.

I use three services. Apple is cheap, Amazon I had for years before noticing they had movies so I don't really count them, and Disney+ which I'm dropping in April. I used to have Netflix, which I dropped and that wasn't too much. Point is, I don't spend more than 15 bucks a month and stream movies constantly. A basic cable package here is 45 bucks with premium channels (like Disney and HBO) costing extra.
Pro tip: you can cancel services and re-subscribe later. F-+* cable.

P.S. And most of cable channels had an obnoxious amount of commercial time.
Not to forget the glut of free, ad-supported movie services like Tubi and Pluto.

I use my Netflix DVD subscription more than the streaming option, though I'll definitely be using it for Glass Onion (also Pinocchio).
Old 11-30-2022, 05:07 PM   #409
Special Member

Oct 2011
Quincy, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEco910 View Post
AMC, Regal, and Cinemark were the only chains to get this. . .
I saw it at a Showcase Cinema.
Thanks given by:
Monterey Jack (12-01-2022)
Old 11-30-2022, 08:19 PM   #410

Jul 2018

I hate to do this but is it allowed to talk spoilers as long as they are marked here? I saw it again last night but something has been bugging me...
Old 11-30-2022, 08:38 PM   #411
Blu-ray King

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb98 View Post
I hate to do this but is it allowed to talk spoilers as long as they are marked here? I saw it again last night but something has been bugging me...
Use the site's spoiler tags

[SPOILER] [/ SPOILER] (without the space)
Old 11-30-2022, 08:47 PM   #412

Jul 2018

CAUTION Major Spoilers Below, Don't open Spoiler Tags if you have NOT seen the Movie (Honestly you don't want to ruin it for yourself, it's that good)

But this bugged me unless I just didn't understand or missed something so...
[Show spoiler] we know from the close up from the email that Andi sent her email on the 11th... So based on info during the reveal if everyone went to Andi's house on the 11th including Miles why would he then send her a puzzle box on the 13th? I know the death was not reported but even if Miles was not sure he had succeed so I'm thinking maybe he sent Andi a box to get her to the island to either "finish" the job or maybe talk it out but this also kinda contradicts Miles being so shocked to see Andi/Helen at the island. I guess it just bugs me that yes we know Miles is an "idiot" in the words of Mr. Blanc but I don't see why send her the Puzzle Box...
Old 11-30-2022, 09:02 PM   #413

Nov 2022

What an amazing sequel! Had a great time watching it.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:24 PM   #414
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Quote:
CAUTION Major Spoilers Below, Don't open Spoiler Tags if you have NOT seen the Movie (Honestly you don't want to ruin it for yourself, it's that good)

But this bugged me unless I just didn't understand or missed something so...
[Show spoiler] we know from the close up from the email that Andi sent her email on the 11th... So based on info during the reveal if everyone went to Andi's house on the 11th including Miles why would he then send her a puzzle box on the 13th? I know the death was not reported but even if Miles was not sure he had succeed so I'm thinking maybe he sent Andi a box to get her to the island to either "finish" the job or maybe talk it out but this also kinda contradicts Miles being so shocked to see Andi/Helen at the island. I guess it just bugs me that yes we know Miles is an "idiot" in the words of Mr. Blanc but I don't see why send her the Puzzle Box...
[Show spoiler]It’s in Blanc’s big speech, Miles doesn’t even handle the puzzle boxes or invitations. He’s likely not even realised she still on in invitation list. Either that, or to cover his tracks, he sent an invitation as the news of her “suicide” hadn’t yet broke news. After all he wouldn’t send it to her if he had any reason to believe she’s not alive.
Thanks given by:
bennyb98 (11-30-2022), DarkEco910 (12-01-2022)
Old 11-30-2022, 10:51 PM   #415

Jul 2018

[Show spoiler] Ok I must not have caught that. I guess my mind kept on going back to Blanc and Helen on the beach/restaurant in Greece where he mentions that Miles is not stupid enough to bring attention to the envelope so close after the trial. But that makes sense. Thank you for clarifying it but it has bugged me both times I saw it.
Old 12-01-2022, 12:21 AM   #416
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013

Quote:
[Show spoiler] Ok I must not have caught that. I guess my mind kept on going back to Blanc and Helen on the beach/restaurant in Greece where he mentions that Miles is not stupid enough to bring attention to the envelope so close after the trial. But that makes sense. Thank you for clarifying it but it has bugged me both times I saw it.
Or quite simply
[Show spoiler]the box was already en route to her prior to the email and was still delivered.
Thanks given by:
bennyb98 (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 04:56 AM   #417
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2008
Las Vegas, Nevada

Better or worse than the first? Thanks in advance.
Thanks given by:
rubystone356 (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 05:02 AM   #418
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Bond View Post
Worse.
Old 12-01-2022, 05:09 AM   #419
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007

Quote:
Better than the first one.

Jacob
Old 12-01-2022, 08:12 AM   #420
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2020
Dublin, Ireland

Quote:
Not as good as.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies