Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Black Adam 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$29.58

House of the Dragon: Season 1 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$47.98

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$36.98

Better Call Saul: Seasons 1 - 6 (Blu-ray)
AU$111.20

Highlander 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$23.98

The Karate Kid Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$51.98

Love Live! Superstar!! - The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
AU$47.98

Poltergeist 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$21.58

The Man Who Fell to Earth (Blu-ray)
AU$5.20

My Fair Lady (Blu-ray)
AU$5.20

Cast Away (Blu-ray)
AU$5.20

Don't Worry Darling 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$32.95

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 02-26-2020, 11:43 PM   #21
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkrogersthor91 View Post
So? All the Criterion and Indicator releases have their own individual threads, as well as a general thread keeping track of every release from the labels / for general discussion of the label as a whole. Don’t see the issue?
That's what I thought as well. Labels in other sub-forums have their own individual threads, so I'm not sure what the problem is with this label having it's own thread.
Thanks given by:
starkrogersthor91 (02-27-2020), UnionJackMix (05-26-2020)
Old 02-26-2020, 11:50 PM   #22
Expert Member

Mar 2014

If Imprint are bringing out four or five titles a month, a dedicated thread like this will be obviously useful down the track if anyone wants to start collecting all the titles, seeing what is available, or discussing the label as a whole. So I'm also not sure what the problem may be.
Thanks given by:
Edward J Grug III (05-26-2020), starkrogersthor91 (02-27-2020), UnionJackMix (05-26-2020)
Old 02-26-2020, 11:59 PM   #23
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2010
-
-
-
-
-

Excellent news! Interested in War of the Worlds, Sorry Wrong Number, and I Married A Monster From Outer Space.

Last edited by lilboyblu; 02-27-2020 at 12:06 AM.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:17 AM   #24

Oct 2015
Germany

Shipping to Germany is 60$ for the bundle... Thank you, but no! I hope The Duellists and War of the Worlds gets a UK or German release soon.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:24 AM   #25
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2011
Brazil

That Duellists Blu-ray might become my first Australian purchase ever. It looks beautiful. Not sure why it has never been released in the UK (or re-released in the US). Gosh knows how much longer it'll take.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:27 AM   #26
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

If these are from Via Vision, do we have confirmation that main audio tracks will be lossless? I know many Via Vision titles use lossy audio.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:05 AM   #27
Expert Member

Mar 2014

Amazing they want to charge $60 to ship it to Germany when an Aussie member could probably go to the post office and send off the same discs to Germany for - I don't know - $15 or something? It certainly shouldn't cost $60.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:09 AM   #28
Expert Member

Aug 2019
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Thorne View Post
Amazing they want to charge $60 to ship it to Germany when an Aussie member could probably go to the post office and send off the same discs to Germany for - I don't know - $15 or something? It certainly shouldn't cost $60.
Perhaps they're charging shipping for each individual item and the shipping cost of individual discs gets stacked at checkout.

That happened when I purchased two albums via Amazon AU (the supplier was Amazon US) where I was charged $15 shipping per disc. I swallowed it because the discs themselves were quite cheap (I wasn't aware that they were MOD CD-Rs though, which was apparent as soon as I looked under the discs).

The most aggravating part of all is that they shipped both discs in the same envelope. They could at least ship them separately if they're going to charge me shipping for both items.
Old 02-27-2020, 02:02 AM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012

How are they getting around not having the huge ratings signs on all the packaging??
Old 02-27-2020, 02:26 AM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
How are they getting around not having the huge ratings signs on all the packaging??
Wondered the same myself. Maybe the same as what they do with the Simpsons boxsets and put them on as stickers?
Old 02-27-2020, 02:59 AM   #31
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2016
Melbourne, North Korea

Quote:
Wondered the same myself. Maybe the same as what they do with the Simpsons boxsets and put them on as stickers?
Perhaps the slip has a sticker and the main art has a reversible cover
Old 02-27-2020, 03:07 AM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMFAObros View Post
Perhaps the slip has a sticker and the main art has a reversible cover
Possibly... just strange that the key art doesn’t show cert logos on either the slips or the covers hmm
Old 02-27-2020, 03:36 AM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012

If they’re not going to be in store are they required to still have the rating?
Old 02-27-2020, 03:46 AM   #34
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011
Australia

Quote:
If they’re not going to be in store are they required to still have the rating?
I’d guess so? But maybe not...

That said, pretty sure these will be stocked by JB Hi-Fi at the very least.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:54 AM   #35
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2016
In a galaxy far, far away....

Nice that they ship to the US and those prices are AUD not USD. Given the exchange rate in which 1 AUD=$0.66USD that's not really that bad.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:10 AM   #36
Expert Member

Aug 2019
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Quote:
Possibly... just strange that the key art doesn’t show cert logos on either the slips or the covers hmm
It could be that the classifications have not yet been finalised. Because these releases contain additional material, even if the main features themselves have been previously classified (and are still legally binding and do not require reclassification), the inclusion of supplementary materials technically requires classification (and this can be done without reclassifying the main feature itself), though in the majority of cases, distributors sneakily release catalogue films on Blu-ray/DVD with the theatrical classification on the case, neglecting to take any supplementary features into consideration, which could potentially bump the rating category and/or warrant the inclusion of additional consumer advice.

It's technically illegal to release catalogue titles with additional content without classification, but who's complaining? Most of us are happy to see more catalogue titles on shelves.

Personally, considering that they are plastering these things on the packaging, I would prefer that they do classify the supplementary material in order to reflect the entirety of the content within the package, but I doubt that it will be the case as distributors try to cut costs where they can. Some Netflix releases have been released on Blu-ray/DVD with their tool-generated classifications, which is illegal as well (streaming content and games that have previously been classified with the use of tools for digital-only distribution must be peer-assessed by the ACB for any retail releases issued after the fact).

For those interested in the classification history of the upcoming Imprint releases... (there may be some omissions due to the ACB database being incomplete)
War of the Worlds was last classified in 2005 as PG for "Mild violence" (this classification presumably takes supplementary material into consideration).
Sorry, Wrong Number appears to have been last classified in 1990 as PG for "Adult concepts" (current terminology, if reclassified, would be "Mild themes"), however, this classification only takes the film itself into consideration.
I Married A Monster From Outer Space doesn't appear to have a listing on the ACB website, though IMDb lists an SOA (Suitable For Adults) rating, which apparently translates to an M rating today (consumer advice was not disclosed until the late 80s, so if they were to release it with its previous classification, it would be an M with no consumer advice, though the ACB seems to recommend citing "The content is moderate in impact" for previously-classified material with no consumer advice at the M level). For material with no consumer advice, I overwhelmingly prefer that they leave out the consumer advice portion of the rating (rather than hogging precious real estate on the cover) as the "Recommended for mature audiences" box typically displayed on the rear cover speaks for itself.
The Duellists was last classified in 2003 as M for "Low level violence", presumably with special features.
And finally, Waterloo was given a G classification in 1987 for the feature alone.

Last edited by SillyG; 02-27-2020 at 04:15 AM.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:43 AM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012

^^^ But then, like movie releases, shouldn’t they have the box with - this has not yet been classified check classification closer to release?

I like the look of these but if they’re going to have the logos printed on the packaging I might just wait and import.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:50 AM   #38
Expert Member

Aug 2019
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
^^^ But then, like movie releases, shouldn’t they have the box with - this has not yet been classified check classification closer to release?
I don't think it's mandatory for home video releases. Studios/distributors usually use the "Check The Classification" box as a placeholder so they can at least finalise the poster/cover design and subsequently substitute it with the finalised classification once it's ready.

Quote:
I like the look of these but if they’re going to have the logos printed on the packaging I might just wait and import.
For the sake of collectors/importers, I hope it will be a removable sticker. There is no obligation for distributors to print the classification on the inner case, for what that is worth, but in most cases (at least in my experience), they usually print the rating on there as well.

Considering that this is a boutique label, however, I think they will be more conscientious about the sensitivities of collectors, and limit the use of the classification logos to that bare minimum of what is legally required.
Old 02-27-2020, 02:47 PM   #39
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellhound View Post
Are these region locked?
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrutchy View Post
If these are from Via Vision, do we have confirmation that main audio tracks will be lossless? I know many Via Vision titles use lossy audio.
I guess in May someone will confirm

Paramount based items have normally been region free in the past like Warner sourced items. Most Paramount items have actually been single stock with all discs being identical other than than disc art. Apparently someone in Canada spoke to someone in AUS with ViaVision and was told the disc would play in Canada so a decent chance, but even that is educated speculation at this point.

Premium line, presumably new scans -- lossless is probable, but until there's a disc to check it's all speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Thorne View Post
I'm guessing you've never had family/friends do personal shipping from Australia
Having to guess on weights -- 5 Premium Item + Box and packing material is going to be difficult to get less than 0.5kg

0.51-1.00 kg package shipped from Sydney to Germany (or US)
$38AUD Economy Air (7-14 days no tracking)
$43 Std with tracking (7-14 days)
$58 5 day signature confirmation

Obviously commercial prices are likely less, but no indication what speed or services Via will be using. If JbHifi or Sanity is able to sell them then International Untracked Shipping from for 5 items is around $25AUD. JB shipping to US is usually 2-4 weeks, Sanity 7-10 days from my orders

Question: are shipping charges changing or are they being listed at different prices elsewhere on the site? I was doing some test carts with a 5 item Bundle and I'm getting the same $45AUD shipping charge estimate to US/Canada/Germany/UK. Still not great, but that's around $30USD/27EUR/23GBP

Last edited by hariseldon; 02-27-2020 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:58 PM   #40
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007

Quote:
Possibly J-card?
Thanks given by:
starkrogersthor91 (02-27-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia