Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Top Gun: 2 Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$38.99

Sailor Moon - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
AU$175.91

Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$14.99
12 hrs ago
Neon Genesis Evangelion (Blu-ray)
AU$60.45

Everything Everywhere All at Once 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$20.99

Top Gun: Maverick 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$25.99

Bullet Train 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$25.99

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$36.98

Nope 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$24.74

Top Gun: 2 Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
AU$25.99

Thor: Love and Thunder 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$17.99

Doctor Who: The Collection - Season 24 Blu-ray (Blu-ray)
AU$43.83

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 02-27-2020, 08:12 PM   #41
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2014

Oh man I swore off any more new labels to support but this is tempting. I haven't really imported much from Australia...for my friends in this thread...does it seem like best bet is direct from the label? $34ish for a title isn't that bad...
Old 02-27-2020, 08:39 PM   #42
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2015
FL, USA

Ship to USA

I add one title:

Subtotal $34.95
Estimated Shipping $20.00
TOTAL (AUD) $54.95

so that means $36 USD for one movie.

Bundle:

Subtotal $150.00
Estimated Shipping $45.00
TOTAL (AUD) $195.00

$128 USD ( / 5 ) means $25 USD per title.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:44 PM   #43

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonski View Post
Possibly J-card?
Not in Australia. They have to legally display the rating somehow.

I suspect the artwork will change closer to release date.

Can anyone else think of any Australian slipcovers that did not have the rating on it? I have a few hundred and can't think of any... Maybe the old Steelcases because those where stickers... But actual card slipcovers?

Last edited by LordCrumb; 02-27-2020 at 08:48 PM.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:47 PM   #44
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post

Could be something like the limited editions of Sin City 2. That had a J-card stuck over a slipcover.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:02 PM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007

Quote:
? They do it on steelbooks all the time. The j-card has the ratings logo, and the steelbook is clean. Plenty of boxed LE’s that do the same, like the Indicator sets.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:30 PM   #46
Power Member

Oct 2016
Australia

Quote:

Can anyone else think of any Australian slipcovers that did not have the rating on it? I have a few hundred and can't think of any... Maybe the old Steelcases because those where stickers... But actual card slipcovers?
Funimation's Region A/B releases are slip off, look at your anime part of JB-HI-FI and you see what I mean.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:26 PM   #47

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonski View Post
? They do it on steelbooks all the time. The j-card has the ratings logo, and the steelbook is clean. Plenty of boxed LEs that do the same, like the Indicator sets.
Yes Jcards have them, that's what I meant. Steelbooks/Steelcases no, but the rating must be displayed for legal purposes.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:53 PM   #48

Nov 2018
Australia

Does anyone know if they charge when you order or when the items are shipped?
Old 02-28-2020, 12:13 AM   #49

Jun 2010
The Cosmos Cotillion

My credit card was charged with a pending charge
Old 02-28-2020, 01:23 AM   #50
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012

At any rate Im excited weve finally got a boutique label that seems to have an active Paramount license and is concentrating on their back catalogue. Hopefully well see the same quality as other boutique labels with great transfers and encoding.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:39 AM   #51
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2010
A Drug-Infested Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by knifethrower View Post
Hate to disappoint them but someone really should tell them Germany beat them to Waterloo (in regards to the "World First" graphic).
Might be a World First depending on which cut they use. The German release (which they licensed from Sony) is at the original length of 134m. If (as is probably the case) Imprint's release is licensed from Paramount, it might be the shorter 123-minute cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyG View Post
World first not to have that hideous FSK rating logo on the cover?

Though some might hold the same opinion of our very conspicuous rating symbols.
According to the database here, the German release has a reversible cover. German labels are good about having a ratings-logo-free version of the cover on the reverse side.
Thanks given by:
knifethrower (02-28-2020)
Old 02-28-2020, 02:42 AM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2010
A Drug-Infested Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsfan1 View Post
I was going to preorder War of the Worlds, Sorry Wrong Number, and I Married a Monster, but shipping to the US is $45.00.
That's probably AU$45. Which is about US$30. I ordered all five as a bundle. The total was AU$195, which came to US$128.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:44 AM   #53
Expert Member

Mar 2014

The Aussie OFLC rating is gross and I tend to prioritise skipping local releases just because of how dumb it looks.

I visited the OFLC in Sydney two decades ago to enquire about a horror tape they'd been sent by customs (for a Japanese film which later came out uncut from Synapse). Very rude, unhelpful, and angry that I'd bothered to show up. Eventually some guy showed me the VHS box over a counter but I had to stand a metre back and wasn't allowed to touch it, like I might abscond with it and they were dealing with national security matters or something. I was later given the VHS of the sequel with a big tracking mark where they'd clearly switched off the tape playing on their old VHS machine after they'd become bored of the movie.

I should phone them up and ask, do these OFLC rating apply if I watch the same film on Youtube?

Curious as to what Imprint (a name which seems very inspired by Indicator) have coming up, but I suspect I'm down for just the horror films, and only a few of those.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:46 AM   #54
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2010
A Drug-Infested Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Thorne View Post
If Imprint are bringing out four or five titles a month, a dedicated thread like this will be obviously useful down the track if anyone wants to start collecting all the titles, seeing what is available, or discussing the label as a whole. So I'm also not sure what the problem may be.
Given that Imprint seems to be using spine numbers -- la Criterion, Masters of Cinema, and Indicator -- that's a good bet.
Thanks given by:
starkrogersthor91 (02-28-2020)
Old 02-28-2020, 02:56 AM   #55
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2010
A Drug-Infested Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound1 View Post
That's a good question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsfan1 View Post
My credit card was charged with a pending charge
So was mine. But that's normal for the first day or two. I've never ordered from Via Vision before, so I don't know if the pending charge is an actual charge or just a pre-auth. It'd be nice if it's the latter. On the other hand, if it's not an actual charge, the final charge at shipping could be different is the exchange rate changes between now and then.

I'm actually glad I've set up an account with VVE, though. There are a few other things they've released that I'd like to get. I've tried to order them from Amazon AU, but I keep getting a "Can't ship this item to the US" message.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:56 AM   #56
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2010
A Drug-Infested Den

So I pulled my Paramount DVDs of these films to see if there are any Special Features missing from the Imprint releases.

All the extras that were on the DVDs of The War of the Worlds, Sorry, Wrong Number, and I Married a Monster from Outer Space are on the BDs.

The DVD of The Duellists has one extra not on the Imprint BD: "Boy and Bicycle: Ridley Scott's first short film". It also doesn't have the Keith Carradine interview that was original to Shout Factory BD.

I don't have a DVD of Waterloo, but the specs for the Imprint BD only shows one extra, which is described as new.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:03 AM   #57
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2016
In a galaxy far, far away....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayembee View Post
Might be a World First depending on which cut they use. The German release (which they licensed from Sony) is at the original length of 134m. If (as is probably the case) Imprint's release is licensed from Paramount, it might be the shorter 123-minute cut.
If its the shorter cut then I'll probably stick with getting the German version since it has English subs and English audio, but I am very interested still in following this label and what is upcoming.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:04 AM   #58

Apr 2019
Perth, WA

A shame to see that only one of the movies (War of the Worlds) has English subtitles. Don't know about anyone here, but I find English subtitles so crucial when it comes to purchasing and watching these movies on blu ray. Wouldn't mind paying the $34.95 per title just to get those subs.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:16 AM   #59

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Thorne View Post
The Aussie OFLC rating is gross and I tend to prioritise skipping local releases just because of how dumb it looks.

I visited the OFLC in Sydney two decades ago to enquire about a horror tape they'd been sent by customs (for a Japanese film which later came out uncut from Synapse). Very rude, unhelpful, and angry that I'd bothered to show up. Eventually some guy showed me the VHS box over a counter but I had to stand a metre back and wasn't allowed to touch it, like I might abscond with it and they were dealing with national security matters or something. I was later given the VHS of the sequel with a big tracking mark where they'd clearly switched off the tape playing on their old VHS machine after they'd become bored of the movie.

I should phone them up and ask, do these OFLC rating apply if I watch the same film on Youtube
?

Curious as to what Imprint (a name which seems very inspired by Indicator) have coming up, but I suspect I'm down for just the horror films, and only a few of those.
Please don't! You'll give them ideas. NZ censors are already crying about trying to come up with a way to put enforceable ratings for streaming services here.
Old 02-28-2020, 05:47 AM   #60
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound1 View Post
According to a different thread -- the charge should post close to time of order
I guess we'll know for sure in a few days if those PreAuth turn to posted charge, but I think ViaVision normally charges at time of order
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia