Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Top Gun: 2 Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$38.99

Neon Genesis Evangelion (Blu-ray)
AU$60.45

Sailor Moon - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
AU$175.91

Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$14.99
14 hrs ago
Everything Everywhere All at Once 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$20.99

Top Gun: Maverick 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$25.99

Bullet Train 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$25.99

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$36.98

Nope 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$24.74

Top Gun: 2 Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
AU$25.99

Thor: Love and Thunder 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$17.99

Pulp Fiction 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$20.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 08-26-2020, 04:42 PM   #41
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2013
UK

Oh it's a mistake, but one on the provided master rather than disc authoring. You wouldn't just get one random episode of a 1972 series being 16:9 OAR by design. The reasons suggested above are undoubtedly correct.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:26 PM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddbox83 View Post
Oh it's a mistake, but one on the provided master rather than disc authoring. You wouldn't just get one random episode of a 1972 series being 16:9 OAR by design. The reasons suggested above are undoubtedly correct.
Yes, but some may consider it a bonus/benefit if it’s actually opened up and not just cropped. It’s quite possible that it’s the only episode with a 16x9 master available and Via Vision opted to use it for that very reason.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:22 AM   #43
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2013
UK

No that would be silly. Sony will have done both 4:3 and 16:9 extractions of the source scan and one got mixed up.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:26 AM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2014

Quote:
No that would be silly. Sony will have done both 4:3 and 16:9 extractions of the source scan and one got mixed up.
Silly things do happen or the word wouldn't exist.
Old 08-27-2020, 03:54 PM   #45

Feb 2013
Default the fix

This will absolutely be the case so, in terms of cost, probably a fix can be thrown at Sony to fund.

Quote:
Old 08-29-2020, 01:36 PM   #46
Special Member

Nov 2010
Harrow, United Kingdom
Send a message via AIM to nishomac Send a message via Skype™ to nishomac

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghost-Story...dDbGljaz10cnVl

Uk fans can buy this now, just ordered a copy
Old 08-31-2020, 10:27 PM   #47
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

Got my copy today from DiabolikDVD

Back cover art stated Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono but thankfully the audio is actually LPCM 2.0!

that is great to know!
Thanks given by:
thisis2 (09-03-2020)
Old 09-14-2020, 05:36 AM   #48
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

I watched the pilot episode this weekend... I LOVE THIS SHOW! It had all the William Castle trademarks... The setup was just like Rosemary's Baby down to the husband who was the same kind of character as John Cassavetes. It had the weird old person, although they didn't do as much with Sam Jaffee as they did Ruth Gordon. The house was the same kind of illogical architectural monstrosities as Castle's own movies... A fireplace in every room, placed it completely impractical locations, and a cheery fire burning in each one 24/7. Incredibly well edited stock music mickey mousing every emotional twist in the story. The Folgers coffee maid who was right out of Rear Window. Castle even did his Hitchcock turn at the beginning at the bar. And best of all... WALLPAPER! There's a shot of Sam Jaffee's head floating in space in the middle of a sea of bizarre patterns just like surreal Strait Jacket's scene with the striped wallpaper. I hope the rest are as good as this one. I can see why they eliminated Sebastian Cabot though. It's fun to hear him enunciate purple prose, but the wrap around is totally unnecessary. Very glad I bought this. If none of the other episodes live up to this one, it's still worth it.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:53 AM   #49
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

I watched the second ep tonight with Jason Robards. He was great as he always is. The writing was kind of dumb. But it didn't matter because the show was shot and constructed so well. There was sound in this show that was truly creepy... both music and sound effects. With Robard's acting, it made it really fun. Moving on to ep 03.
Old 09-20-2020, 08:45 PM   #50
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

Tonight I watched the third episode with the premonition dreams about the little girl. I remember seeing this episode on first run and hating it. It was the first and last episode of Ghost Story I watched. After Night Gallery devolved into unwatchable junk, the last thing I wanted to see was a ripoff of Gary Collins in The Sixth Sense. Had i seen one of the first two episodes instead of this one, I would have been all over this series. Instead I quit watching it because of this one episode. Well, hopefully the rest of the series will be as good as the first two episodes.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:25 AM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

I watched episode 4 tonight... back to loving it! Karen Black! And she freaks out and screams before every commercial break! The writing on this one is dumb, but who cares. It has at least six classic Karen Black freak outs. I wish someone had cast William Shatner opposite Karen Black and made them do freak out duels. So much fun.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:54 PM   #52
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2012

Can someone post an image of the back cover?
Old 10-02-2020, 09:43 AM   #53
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard--w View Post
can someone post an image of the back cover?
20201002_094213.jpg
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (10-02-2020)
Old 10-22-2020, 10:21 PM   #54
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

I watched the next episode last night. It was another good one... with kind of a dumb premise. It was a locked in a loop of time story, but it played like a premonition story. When the end came, it was just "so what?" But it had Carolyn Jones and William Windom and they were great. Windom is a terrific actor and he plays it up in this. Lots of great scenes where you can see him thinking and reacting to stuff. Carolyn Jones is great too... she is doing a Bette Davis impression! I wonder who convinced her to wear that fake wig? Tons of fun.
Old 12-24-2020, 06:16 AM   #55
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

Tonight I watched the 6th episode, starring Helen Hayes. It was a decent show, but not great. However it was notable because the set of the family's house was a hurriedly redressed version of the Bewitched house. They just changed colors and put goofy wallpaper everywhere. It was kind of funny because one of the characters would blink in and out of scenes like Agnes Moorehead, but there was no zap sound effect to go with it. Lots of animal deaths and a really good taxidermied dead cat and dead hamster.
Thanks given by:
PowellPressburger (12-29-2020)
Old 12-29-2020, 11:03 PM   #56
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

I screened ep07 last night. This one was an actual ghost story with an actual ghost. It was a cross between Nancy Drew and psycho biddy. Visually, it looked nothing like the rest of the series. The mansion didn't have crazy 1970s wallpaper everywhere, and the layout of the house made sense. But there was a seance and multiple ghostly apparitions. Cute lead actress too in a Gidget sort of way. I kept expecting a Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte twist, but instead they played it for real. The story was silly and most of the back story was revealed in clumsy monologues, but it was fun to actually see ghosts in Ghost Story.
Old 01-11-2021, 10:32 PM   #57
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2008
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Is this Region Free? The info on this site says it is, while the review posted earlier says it is Region B locked.
Old 01-11-2021, 11:44 PM   #58

Jan 2015
IL, U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
Is this Region Free? The info on this site says it is, while the review posted earlier says it is Region B locked.
It is region free. I'm region A locked and it plays fine on my player.
Thanks given by:
SkinnyTwist (09-16-2022), spawningblue (01-12-2021)
Old 01-15-2021, 09:17 PM   #59
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

I got to the end of the second disc. It ends with a really good episode written by Robert Bloch, starring Melvyn Douglas and a very young Jodie Foster. Again this episode is shot on the Bewitched set, they even have a dollhouse of the Bewitched house. The exterior shots are of the Bewitched house too. This one was quite suspenseful and Douglas and Jodi Foster have real chemistry together. Lots of great fire effects and a huge fireball in slow motion. This one was one of the best episodes.
Thanks given by:
tucker_cleveland (01-15-2021)
Old 01-15-2021, 11:49 PM   #60

Jun 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshot View Post
I got to the end of the second disc. It ends with a really good episode written by Robert Bloch, starring Melvyn Douglas and a very young Jodie Foster. Again this episode is shot on the Bewitched set, they even have a dollhouse of the Bewitched house. The exterior shots are of the Bewitched house too. This one was quite suspenseful and Douglas and Jodi Foster have real chemistry together. Lots of great fire effects and a huge fireball in slow motion. This one was one of the best episodes.
I agree. It's easily my favourite episode in the series, followed by Episode 13 – “Time of Terror”.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia