Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The King of Braves GaoGaiGar: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$67.81
1 day ago
Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$37.49

The Demon Girl Next Door 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: Set 14 (Blu-ray)
$31.51
2 hrs ago
Inu-Oh (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan / Broly - Second Coming / Bio-Broly (Blu-ray)
$16.83

Tetsujin 28 FX: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$46.39
1 day ago
GATE: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99

Record of Ragnarok: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Lupin the 3rd Part I: The Classic Adventures (Blu-ray)
$45.50

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 06-05-2020, 05:58 PM   #21
Special Member

Feb 2015
Utah

I would love to see second seasons of:

Princess Jellyfish
Deadman Wonderland
Kaze no Stigma
Maid-sama!
The Devil is a Part-Timer
Elfen Lied
No Game No Life
Death Parade
Gangsta
Seraph of the End
Days
Prince of Stride: Alternative
Tamako Market (continuing after Love Story)
Thanks given by:
AreaFive (06-05-2020)
Old 06-05-2020, 06:02 PM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

May 2020
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing371 View Post
+1 on Claymore. Man that series had a lot of potential to become more fully explored.
I would also love to see more Claymore. From what I understand there is a great deal more story in the manga.
Thanks given by:
Zaku77 (06-05-2020)
Old 06-05-2020, 06:11 PM   #23

Mar 2010

There are so, so many that I wish would continue. I really hate how over the years many anime series have just turned into a glorified advertisement for the manga--often only releasing a single cour and then never going anywhere beyond that.

One that I would particularly like to see continue--though I believe this is anime original, so it doesn't fit in with my above paragraph--is Death Parade. The subject matter of that series was extremely interesting and impactful to me, and it was all wrapped in an excellent style and presentation. They set up several threads about the world and setting that very clearly had further to go, but it's been quite a while, so I'm not really too optimistic that we'll ever see it continue.
Thanks given by:
zenpai (06-05-2020)
Old 06-05-2020, 06:34 PM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2015
Minneapolis

Death Parade was awesome. I listed it in my top10 favorite anime of the decade thread. But it was also so perfect and tidy that I'm not sure that more episodes would have improved the story/title. Some stories are better left concise and complete.

I think of all the other anime I enjoyed this decade where the quality suffered considerably after they were signed on for second seasons and beyond. (Knights of Sidonia, Kakegurui, etc.) It's always great to get more of a good thing, but it also certainly lowers the bar of quality. So there's mixed emotions there.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:54 PM   #25
Banned

Dec 2009
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing371 View Post
Death Parade was awesome. I listed it in my top10 favorite anime of the decade thread. But it was also so perfect and tidy that I'm not sure that more episodes would have improved the story/title. Some stories are better left concise and complete.

I think of all the other anime I enjoyed this decade where the quality suffered considerably after they were signed on for second seasons and beyond. (Knights of Sidonia, Kakegurui, etc.) It's always great to get more of a good thing, but it also certainly lowers the bar of quality. So there's mixed emotions there.
I agree.

Steins;Gate comes to mind, too. The original series was amazing. The sequel & movie pointless and poorly written with a terrible ending.

You're right about "Knights Of Sidonia," too. Really interesting first season. Useless second season that just dropped the ball and didn't really wrap up the plot.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:02 PM   #26
Banned

Apr 2013

It's almost mind-boggling how Japan - and the rest of the world - didn't give a single toss about Baccano, while Durarara has no shortage of love, despite them being cut from the same cloth, set in the same world, share some of the same characters, and have been running for roughly the same span of time.

So yeah....Baccano desperately needs a second season. Buuuuuut, it's not gonna happen. :<
Thanks given by:
Zaku77 (06-05-2020)
Old 06-05-2020, 08:17 PM   #27
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007

Off the top of my head--
Berserk 1997 -- needs it so badly! That CGI stuff doesn't count...

Original Bubblegum Crisis (yes, it was OAV, but something better than Crash)...
Highschool Of The Dead
3x3 Eyes
Cowboy Bebop (could be more episodes that took place before the end)
Gantz
Gunsmith Cats (more episodes/full season)
Silent Mobius
Sol Bianca
Terraformars (a proper ending for season 1)
Trigun
Old 06-05-2020, 08:50 PM   #28
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2011

One Punch Man.

Now I wish it didn't.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:19 PM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

May 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamcero View Post
Soul Eater and Claymore would have to be rebooted due to crappy anime original endings that there is no way to continue from.
I'm curious, what corner did the end of the 'Claymore' anime write the plot into? I agree that the ending was crappy, but more because it was one boring fight scene that lasted a half dozen episodes.

I haven't read the manga, but I felt the anime left off with lots of places to go. I was most interested in seeing the politics of their monster-hunting organization explored, and that felt like it was still on the table.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:45 PM   #30
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo Seagull View Post
I'm curious, what corner did the end of the 'Claymore' anime write the plot into? I agree that the ending was crappy, but more because it was one boring fight scene that lasted a half dozen episodes.

I haven't read the manga, but I felt the anime left off with lots of places to go. I was most interested in seeing the politics of their monster-hunting organization explored, and that felt like it was still on the table.
If you are interested in what happens in the manga I'll throw it into spoilers and why the story can't continue:
[Show spoiler]At the end of the anime Claire kills Priscilla and is reunited with Raki. This encounter does not happen in the mange until much much later. There is another 7 year time skip after the battle in the North and during this time Raki was still traveling with Priscilla and Claire had not encountered either of them during the seven years. The ending of the manga does include Claire reuniting with a much older Raki and confronting Priscilla again but in a much grander scale. Basically the anime just threw the end game into the last couple of episodes of the anime and skipped out on many story arcs full of character development. So there is no way to continue the manga without starting over given that Priscilla is already dead and she is the endgame for the manga. Otherwise you definitely would have seen the politics of the monster-hunting organization explored.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:48 PM   #31
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015
USA

They could possibly retool that as a dream and bring the story back on track, though. Granted, it has been years since I’ve watched the anime all the way through.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:49 PM   #32
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic Twilight View Post
They could possibly retool that as a dream and bring the story back on track, though. Granted, it has been years since Iíve watched the anime all the way through.
They could do what they did to Blue Exorcist and just say it is non-canon but since the manga is over it sadly will never happen.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:53 PM   #33
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015
USA

Yeah, I seriously doubt we will ever see more Claymore animated at this point. It’s a shame because it’d be awesome to see
[Show spoiler]Clare transform into Teresa (I actually cried the first time I read this, lol) and kick some ass in full motion and sound.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:57 PM   #34
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpai View Post
I would love to see second seasons of:

Kaze no Stigma
Another series that's unfortunately going to remain forever incomplete. The light novel author passed away in 2009.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...to-passes-away
Old 06-06-2020, 12:51 AM   #35
Special Member

Feb 2015
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOnAnime View Post
Another series that's unfortunately going to remain forever incomplete. The light novel author passed away in 2009.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...to-passes-away
Iíve known that for many years, which is why I am overall content with what we got. I just feel like Ayano and Kazumaís blossoming relationship could have been explored further. But I guess weíll never know.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:56 AM   #36
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

I wish Nura Rise of the Yokai Clan received a third season. The first season was lame but the second was so, so good.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:14 AM   #37
Blu-ray Prince

Sep 2014

The Wallflower
Ouran Host Club
Arcana Famiglia
Ghost Stories
Gokudo
Baccano
Ghost Hunt
Trigun
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop
Old 06-06-2020, 01:28 AM   #38

Mar 2010

Trigun would be an interesting one, as it deviated so much from the manga. I'd love to see it get the Brotherhood treatment with a brand new, manga accurate and complete adaptation. It would be even better if it had a striking visual style (maybe like Drifters or Attack on Titan).
Old 06-06-2020, 04:51 AM   #39
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOnAnime View Post
Keijo!!!!!!!! didn't do well in terms of discs. It averaged 883 discs per volume in Japan.
https://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view

The production committee: Warner Brothers Home Entertainment, Klockworx, XEBEC, Sotsu, Lantis, Medicos Entertainment, Radio Osaka, Japan Narration Act Research Institute
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%AB...83%83%E3%83%95

As you can see, Warner Bros. led the committee, meaning home video sales were more important and with how they of course weren't particularly good in Japan..... Shogakukan who publishes the manga also wasn't on the production committee.
I remember when it was said that Volume 1 of the Anime only sold like 700-something copies and so the Author of the Manga checked it out and was told no it wasnít that low. And there was also about how the Manga was cancelled and the Author said no it was not cancelled because of the Animeís sales.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:23 AM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2019
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWebber View Post
while Durarara has no shortage of love, despite them being cut from the same cloth, set in the same world, share some of the same characters, and have been running for roughly the same span of time.
Huh? Baccano takes place during the Prohibition era in the USA, Durarara takes place in Japan in modern times. Wikipedia doesn't classify the two shows being related/spin offs either. Can you clarify how you came to this conclusion?

Durarara is a spiritual successor to Baccano, but that doesn't make them directly related, regardless that they were done by the same writer :-/

Dragon Age: Origins was a spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate. Totally unrelated in lore and canon.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime