Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The King of Braves GaoGaiGar: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$67.81

Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon - Season 2, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Inu-Oh (Blu-ray)
$18.35
1 day ago
The Demon Girl Next Door 2: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Redo of Healer: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$36.68

Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.29
14 hrs ago
Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Fate/Stay Night: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Blue Thermal (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
Record of Ragnarok: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 06-06-2020, 05:36 AM   #41

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector FX View Post
Huh? Baccano takes place during the Prohibition era in the USA, Durarara takes place in Japan in modern times. Wikipedia doesn't classify the two shows being related/spin offs either. Can you clarify how you came to this conclusion?

Durarara is a spiritual successor to Baccano, but that doesn't make them directly related, regardless that they were done by the same writer :-/

Dragon Age: Origins was a spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate. Totally unrelated in lore and canon.
I don't think they were saying that they're canonically related. But with both being written by the same author and having the same studio handle the anime adaptation, they do share a lot of DNA in common.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:08 AM   #42

Oct 2014

Some that I would like to see with extra seasons or just more of:

Broken Blade
More Blame! Heck more of anything by Nihei.
Birdy the Mighty - the conflict with the big bad never got resolved.
Claymore
Deadman Wonderland
More Full Metal Panic!
Gangsta - besides the studio going bankrupt, the mangaka got sick and manga went on hiatus for a while.
Gantz- I guess weirdly I want a complete Gantz. The anime ending was unsatisfying.
High School of the Dead - which we will never get, because the writer died, but I still want more.
More Princess Jellyfish.
Rideback- I really liked the first 3 episodes and then it kinda of went down hill trying to squish stuff into a single season, but you could see that there was other elements that they didn't have time to flesh out. I want a reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamcero View Post
If you are interested in what happens in the manga I'll throw it into spoilers and why the story can't continue:
[Show spoiler]At the end of the anime Claire kills Priscilla and is reunited with Raki. This encounter does not happen in the mange until much much later. There is another 7 year time skip after the battle in the North and during this time Raki was still traveling with Priscilla and Claire had not encountered either of them during the seven years. The ending of the manga does include Claire reuniting with a much older Raki and confronting Priscilla again but in a much grander scale. Basically the anime just threw the end game into the last couple of episodes of the anime and skipped out on many story arcs full of character development. So there is no way to continue the manga without starting over given that Priscilla is already dead and she is the endgame for the manga. Otherwise you definitely would have seen the politics of the monster-hunting organization explored.
No that is not right about the end of the anime.
[Show spoiler]Claire does not kill Priscilla. Isley steps in and takes Priscilla away after Raki and Jean stop Claire from going full on Awakened
. One of the themes of Claymore is that revenge isn't worth throwing your humanity away.

There could be a way of continuing Claymore with what they had. They would just have to separate
[Show spoiler]Claire and Raki again. She could send him to the city of Rabona while doing something else. He gets kidnapped and then by circumstance he's reunited with Priscilla and Isley. Then do the timeskip and we are back on track
. Still its been a long time since Claymore came out. I think the best thing would be to reboot the whole thing, but again not going to happen. Glad I have the manga at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector FX View Post
Huh? Baccano takes place during the Prohibition era in the USA, Durarara takes place in Japan in modern times. Wikipedia doesn't classify the two shows being related/spin offs either. Can you clarify how you came to this conclusion?

Durarara is a spiritual successor to Baccano, but that doesn't make them directly related, regardless that they were done by the same writer :-/
2 characters from Baccano! show up in DRRR!!
[Show spoiler]They are immortal after all.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:16 AM   #43
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

The password for the Dollars site in the Durarara!! anime revealed sometime in S1 also is
[Show spoiler]Baccano!
Thanks given by:
The Collector FX (06-06-2020)
Old 06-06-2020, 11:50 AM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2019
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku77 View Post
I don't think they were saying that they're canonically related. But with both being written by the same author and having the same studio handle the anime adaptation, they do share a lot of DNA in common.
Oh, my bad. My misunderstanding.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:28 PM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

May 2016

I'd also be down for more 'Golgo 13'. No shortage of source material to draw on there. But I would prefer they not do it in standard def this time.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:53 PM   #46

Aug 2018
Canada, Ontario

I always wished Chobits got a second season.

Would of been cool to see what would happen when they go older and stuff
Old 06-07-2020, 02:44 AM   #47

Jul 2019
Massachusetts

A few not already mentioned that I would like to see:

Ben To
Dance in the Vampire Bund
Dragon Half
Drifters
Panty, Stocking & Garterbelt
Prison School
Tokyo ESP
Witch Craft Works
World Conquest Zvezda Plot
Old 06-07-2020, 02:52 AM   #48

Mar 2013
Florida

The Ancient Magus' Bride
Aho-Girl
Angel Beats - Wish we got more backstory for the other characters.
The Devil is a Part-Timer
Great Teacher Onizuka - Got more than one season, but I wish the rest of the manga was adapted into the anime. The anime original finale was rushed and crammed into two episodes.
High School of the Dead - Won't ever happen due to death of original writer.
Hinamatsuri
Kare Kano
Maoyu
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-Kun
School-Live!
Watakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku
Yona of the Dawn
Old 06-07-2020, 04:57 AM   #49
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

I'm surprised no one has mentioned The Legend of the Legendary Heroes, Tales of Zestiria the X, and Alderamin On The Sky yet.

I would love to see more of those 3 series. Just can't get enough of shows that have smart characters, strong female leads, zero fan services, and attractive character designs.

Great shows don't need fan services or nudity to attract viewers. These Japanese filmmakers have poisoned their young generations enough that will take years to undo the damages, but that is a totally different topic though.
Thanks given by:
Doomhunter (01-09-2023), zenpai (06-07-2020)
Old 06-07-2020, 05:03 AM   #50
Special Member

May 2020
Canada

Personally, I find most anime to be best when they stick with the standard 26 episodes, although there are exceptions.

It isn't really an anime, although it was animated in Japan, but I would have loved it if Cybersix hadn't been cancelled after only 13 episodes.
Old 06-07-2020, 05:08 AM   #51
Special Member

May 2020
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivablu View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned The Legend of the Legendary Heroes, Tales of Zestiria the X, and Alderamin On The Sky yet.

I would love to see more of those 3 series. Just can't get enough of shows that have smart characters, strong female leads, zero fan services, and attractive character designs.

Great shows don't need fan services or nudity to attract viewers. These Japanese filmmakers have poisoned their young generations enough that will take years to undo the damages, but that is a totally different topic though.
I'm one of those young people who has been poisoned by all of that glorious filth.
Thanks given by:
MOONPHASE (06-07-2020)
Old 08-09-2020, 10:57 PM   #52

Aug 2020

12 Kingdoms in a heartbeat. Once it got rolling, it was, and remains, one of the most compelling bits of world building I've seen to date.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:32 AM   #53
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2019

The Qwaser of Stigmata, technically had 2 seasons, but should have gotten more, I hate it when a series ends at a cliffhanger/unfinished story arc.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:55 AM   #54
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2012
Sweden

His and Her Circumstances immediately came to mind when I saw the title.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:56 AM   #55
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2015

Some shows I wish had more seasons:
the devil is a part timer
no game no life
konosuba
spice & wolf
zoids new century
hitman reborn
rokka braves of the six flowers
dead man wonderland
cyborg 009
aethetica of a rogue hero
uq holder
yamada and the seven witches

zatch bell (I love like the final 2 arcs in the manga)
Old 08-19-2020, 01:22 AM   #56

Aug 2020

I see some others have mentioned Big O! I guess it was technically 2 seasons but only 26 episodes, and the lack of concrete resolution will haunt my dreams forever.

Outlaw Star. So much more they could do with that universe and characters. Caster guns? Space Wizards? Really interesting fusion of mysticism and technology in that series.

Martian Successor Nadesico. What happens next? Not to spoil anything, but so much mystery left to explore.
Old 08-19-2020, 03:26 AM   #57
carlos999

thanks for the names
Old 09-26-2021, 01:25 PM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2019

I remember Big-O, shame it never got a real ending.
Old 09-26-2021, 01:28 PM   #59
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Gantz
Old 09-26-2021, 04:02 PM   #60
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
I remember Big-O, shame it never got a real ending.
Well Big O did get a Season 2 when Adult Swim Co-Produced it. Normally it would have been just the 13 episodes but the series did so well on Toonami that Adult Swim convinced Sunrise and Bandai Visual to make Big O II despite how poorly Season 1 did in Japan.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime