Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Top Gun: 2 Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$38.99
 
Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$14.99
 
Attack on Titan: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray)
AU$53.83
 
My Hero Academia: Season 5, Part 2 (Blu-ray)
AU$78.37
22 hrs ago
Everything Everywhere All at Once 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$20.99
 
Thor: Love and Thunder 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$17.99
 
Top Gun: Maverick 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$25.99
 
Star Trek: Discovery - Season Four (Blu-ray)
AU$29.99
 
Bullet Train 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$25.99
 
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$36.98
 
Nope 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$24.74
 
Top Gun: 2 Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
AU$25.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2020, 07:08 PM   #41
albabe albabe is offline
Power Member
 
Feb 2012
San Francisco, Ca
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayButler91 View Post
Not sure, I just know that Michael (the site admin) is working on recovering all the data and getting the site back online.
Nice Review. Thanx!

I ordered one pretty cheap through AmazonUK... it seems to be coming from Denmark or some place North...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 01:44 AM   #42
moviemaker moviemaker is online now
Active Member
 
moviemaker's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
Hollywoodland
93
485
54
1
Default

Feeling as if Criterion will never get around to releasing this for whatever reason.

Do most folks feel buying the Sunburnt Blu-ray Edition from Australia is the best way to go? Also curious why no Peter Weir Interview?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited by moviemaker; 02-09-2021 at 01:49 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:29 AM   #43
Aunt Peg Aunt Peg is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Aunt Peg's Avatar
 
May 2013
Sydney
7
3727
568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemaker View Post
Feeling as if Criterion will never get around to releasing this for whatever reason.

Do most folks feel buying the Sunburnt Blu-ray Edition from Australia is the best way to go? Also curious why no Peter Weir Interview?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
If you can't get it directly from Umbrella then try JB Hi-Fi.

Peter Weir is notoriously private. I imagine be was approached for an interview but like many people do, probably declined.

Fun fact: despite all of Peter Weir's Oscar nominations he has never attended the awards show.

Really wish he'd make another film in Australia - it has been nearly 4 decades since he has made anything here.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
blurayisnice (11-18-2021), PT Ryan (02-09-2021)
Old 02-09-2021, 03:58 PM   #44
jayembee jayembee is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
jayembee's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
A Drug-Infested Den
521
4195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemaker View Post
Feeling as if Criterion will never get around to releasing this for whatever reason.

Do most folks feel buying the Sunburnt Blu-ray Edition from Australia is the best way to go? Also curious why no Peter Weir Interview?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Well, as it so happens, I just ordered it from Umbrella a couple of weeks ago (along with the Sunburnt edition of Dingo, the Ozploitation edition of The Adventures of Barry McKenzie, and a couple of others). I don't expect to receive it until the end of the month, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Peg View Post
Really wish he'd make another film in Australia - it has been nearly 4 decades since he has made anything here.
Hell, it's been over 10 years since he made anything, period.

I wish that we could get blu-rays of The Year of Living Dangerously and The Mosquito Coast, the only two features of his (other than the original theatrical version of Picnic at Hanging Rock) yet to appear on BD anywhere.

And it'd be nice if Umbrella could upgrade their Peter Weir Short Film Collection DVD release to BD And expand it to include all of his short films; there are about ten others.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Aunt Peg (02-09-2021)
Old 02-09-2021, 11:12 PM   #45
PT Ryan PT Ryan is offline
Senior Member
 
Nov 2010
641
Default

Watched this release a few weeks ago, and to my untrained eye, it looked gorgeous. Loved the brief, but very amusing David Stratton anecdote in the special features, as well.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
albabe (02-10-2021), Aunt Peg (02-24-2021), jayembee (02-24-2021)
Old 02-10-2021, 12:45 PM   #46
moviemaker moviemaker is online now
Active Member
 
moviemaker's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
Hollywoodland
93
485
54
1
Default

Thanks for the responses. I’ll bite. It’s on Amazon.com for $27 and FREE 2-day shipping.

Met Peter Weir in Seattle while they were doing a restrospective of his work. You know how they say never meet your heros? They were wrong. He was the nicest guy you could ever meet and openly chatted for a few minutes to this young nervous wannabe filmmaker (me) at the time.

“The Year of Living Dangerously” is one of my favorite Weir films that I appreciate more and more with age. It’s criminal it’s never been released. The soundtrack (including the Vangelis track) is so beautiful and haunting.

Last edited by moviemaker; 02-11-2021 at 12:41 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Aunt Peg (02-24-2021), darry (02-13-2021), Mr. Thomsen (11-25-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 04:48 AM   #47
jayembee jayembee is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
jayembee's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
A Drug-Infested Den
521
4195
Default

Got my copy of this yesterday. Looking forward to watching it with my wife (she's never seen it).
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Aunt Peg (02-24-2021), DaLe_Insanity (02-24-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 10:06 AM   #48
PaulBerriman9 PaulBerriman9 is offline
Member
 
PaulBerriman9's Avatar
 
Feb 2014
Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Peg View Post
If you can't get it directly from Umbrella then try JB Hi-Fi.

Peter Weir is notoriously private. I imagine be was approached for an interview but like many people do, probably declined.

Fun fact: despite all of Peter Weir's Oscar nominations he has never attended the awards show.

Really wish he'd make another film in Australia - it has been nearly 4 decades since he has made anything here.
I could’ve sworn I saw him in a video for the Return of the King best picture win when they read out the noms!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 01:59 PM   #49
Aunt Peg Aunt Peg is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Aunt Peg's Avatar
 
May 2013
Sydney
7
3727
568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBerriman9 View Post
I could’ve sworn I saw him in a video for the Return of the King best picture win when they read out the noms!
You are correct.

Weir didn't attend when he was nominated for Witness or Dead Poet's Society but he did attend for The Truman Show & Master and Commander. (I just checked each of those years director awards presentations on YouTube.

So much for that bit of trivia that ain't accurate. Always thought he was a no shower.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 12:43 PM   #50
blurayisnice blurayisnice is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jul 2011
26
Default

I just ordered this, GLORIA, and SUNDAY TOO FAR AWAY from eBay. Slowly building my Australian film collection (I know GLORIA isn't an Australian film). This seems interesting, but mostly looking forward to StFA.


I am also interested in getting STORM BOY & BLACK AND WHITE. I have saved those for another time. Can anyone recommend those movies?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 02:03 PM   #51
Gerby Gerby is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Gerby's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
Yorkshire, UK
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayisnice View Post
I just ordered this, GLORIA, and SUNDAY TOO FAR AWAY from eBay. Slowly building my Australian film collection (I know GLORIA isn't an Australian film). This seems interesting, but mostly looking forward to StFA.


I am also interested in getting STORM BOY & BLACK AND WHITE. I have saved those for another time. Can anyone recommend those movies?
Storm Boy is terrific as is Sunday Too Far Away...I highly recommend both of them.
I don't think i've seen Black And White.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
blurayisnice (11-18-2021)
Old 11-18-2021, 02:22 PM   #52
Aunt Peg Aunt Peg is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Aunt Peg's Avatar
 
May 2013
Sydney
7
3727
568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayisnice View Post
I just ordered this, GLORIA, and SUNDAY TOO FAR AWAY from eBay. Slowly building my Australian film collection (I know GLORIA isn't an Australian film). This seems interesting, but mostly looking forward to StFA.


I am also interested in getting STORM BOY & BLACK AND WHITE. I have saved those for another time. Can anyone recommend those movies?
Black and White is terrific. Great true story vividly brought to the screen.

Storm Boy - if you are referring to the original it is highly recommended, much beloved in its day and still maintains a legion of fans. If you are referring to the recent version of Storm Boy I cannot comment as I have never seen that. The first is regarded as the definitive version of the story.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
blurayisnice (11-18-2021)
Old 11-18-2021, 03:49 PM   #53
blurayisnice blurayisnice is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jul 2011
26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Peg View Post
Black and White is terrific. Great true story vividly brought to the screen.

Storm Boy - if you are referring to the original it is highly recommended, much beloved in its day and still maintains a legion of fans. If you are referring to the recent version of Storm Boy I cannot comment as I have never seen that. The first is regarded as the definitive version of the story.

I was indeed referring to the original!


Thank you for your insights; I'll definitely get it with my next order.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 11:57 AM   #54
Gmamalis6 Gmamalis6 is offline
Senior Member
 
Mar 2016
Greece.
12
3
175
48
Default

Hopefully that 4K remaster will make its 4K UHD debut by Criterion in US, since its 2001 DVD release.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:00 PM.