Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993) (Blu-ray)
$80.99
1 day ago
Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99
 
The Walking Dead: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 day ago
Halloween Ends 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
12 hrs ago
Heart of Dragon (Blu-ray)
$26.99
1 day ago
Black Adam 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
13 hrs ago
The Fly Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
Memoirs of a Geisha (Blu-ray)
$6.99
19 hrs ago
House of the Dragon: The Complete First Season 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.24
1 hr ago
The Conjuring Universe 7-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.35
1 day ago
Bodies Bodies Bodies (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2022, 06:18 AM   #1
ps3bd_owner ps3bd_owner is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ps3bd_owner's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default Father Stu (Mark Wahlberg, Mel Gibson) (April, 2022)

https://www.youtube.com/supported_br...tube.com/watch

This looks extremely exciting and to make it even better, they played Johnny Cash in the background.

I can't wait!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
-JKR- (02-11-2022), Roonan (04-14-2022), Staying Salty (02-11-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 07:03 AM   #2
BloodshotUSA BloodshotUSA is offline
Power Member
 
BloodshotUSA's Avatar
 
Sep 2021
Default

Mark Wahlberg gives up Teresa Ruiz to become a Priest?

I like Wahlberg, but he is usually a miss for me in most of his dramatic roles. I wish he would just stick to shooting people and blowing shit up.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (02-11-2022), Skylath (02-11-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 04:50 PM   #3
Markgway Markgway is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Markgway's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Scotland
12
Default

I hate tearjerkers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 04:55 PM   #4
-JKR- -JKR- is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jul 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
https://www.youtube.com/supported_br...tube.com/watch

This looks extremely exciting and to make it even better, they played Johnny Cash in the background.

I can't wait!
This looks pretty good, and I like the cast. I'm in!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (02-11-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 08:35 PM   #5
Poya Poya is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Poya's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
NY, NY
1
2
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodshotUSA View Post
Mark Wahlberg gives up Teresa Ruiz to become a Priest?

I like Wahlberg, but he is usually a miss for me in most of his dramatic roles. I wish he would just stick to shooting people and blowing shit up.
Wahlberg can only play 2 roles: idiot or a-hole.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 10:00 PM   #6
Gacivory Gacivory is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Gacivory's Avatar
 
Apr 2016
Los Angeles, California
516
2912
138
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poya View Post
Wahlberg can only play 2 roles: idiot or a-hole.
So himself.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Fat Phil (02-11-2022), Poya (02-11-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 10:03 PM   #7
MifuneFan MifuneFan is online now
Blu-ray King
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
12
936
69
Default

This is all I see when I read the title

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
An4h0ny (05-02-2022), drush9999 (04-14-2022), Fat Phil (02-11-2022), Gacivory (02-11-2022), RCRochester (04-18-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 10:15 PM   #8
Fat Phil Fat Phil is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Fat Phil's Avatar
 
Dec 2014
542
542
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gacivory View Post
So himself.
That zing resulted in a genuine spit take.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Gacivory (02-11-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 10:30 PM   #9
Gacivory Gacivory is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Gacivory's Avatar
 
Apr 2016
Los Angeles, California
516
2912
138
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Phil View Post
That zing resulted in a genuine spit take.
Mission accomplished!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 10:33 PM   #10
Poya Poya is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Poya's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
NY, NY
1
2
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gacivory View Post
So himself.
You said it, not me. *shifts eyes*
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 04:53 AM   #11
unberechenbar unberechenbar is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
May 2021
USA
5
229
229
199
3
Default

Anyone watch this? Thinking of seeing it next week. I haven't seen any trailers for it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 05:10 AM   #12
yellowjacket1 yellowjacket1 is offline
Expert Member
 
yellowjacket1's Avatar
 
Sep 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unberechenbar View Post
Anyone watch this? Thinking of seeing it next week. I haven't seen any trailers for it.
I loved it.

9.5/10

An absolute home run in terms of character study and storytelling. This is hard-nosed faith based done right. Itís an amazing amalgam of old school grit and honest reflection. It will forever hold the record for cussing and f-bombs for this subject matter. And, thatís a good thing. The entire first act is set up and not what was expected at all. Back when awards actually mattered, Mark Wahlberg would have been a serious Oscar contender for his performance in this film. He, honest to God, (literally) delivers a masterpiece performance. His weight gain alone showed his commitment to doing justice to this work.

Fr. Stu was an amazing individual whose growth and gifts through suffering will forever inspire those who watch this movie with an open heart and mind. A forever immortal that I personally will never forget thanks to this film.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Roonan (04-14-2022), unberechenbar (04-14-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 05:23 AM   #13
unberechenbar unberechenbar is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
May 2021
USA
5
229
229
199
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjacket1 View Post
I loved it.

9.5/10

An absolute home run in terms of character study and storytelling. This is hard-nosed faith based done right. Itís an amazing amalgam of old school grit and honest reflection. It will forever hold the record for cussing and f-bombs for this subject matter. And, thatís a good thing. The entire first act is set up and not what was expected at all. Back when awards actually mattered, Mark Wahlberg would have been a serious Oscar contender for his performance in this film. He, honest to God, (literally) delivers a masterpiece performance. His weight gain alone showed his commitment to doing justice to this work.

Fr. Stu was an amazing individual whose growth and gifts through suffering will forever inspire those who watch this movie with an open heart and mind. A forever immortal that I personally will never forget thanks to this film.
That sounds like an interesting movie. I don't know anything about the story so I'll be going into it blind. It surprised me that it has an R rating but reading what you wrote it makes sense. I'm a fan of Mark Wahlberg so I'm intrigued to see how different he looks in this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 02:16 AM   #14
RandomMovieFan RandomMovieFan is offline
Special Member
 
RandomMovieFan's Avatar
 
Nov 2021
Gone
27
211
3
1
3
Default


https://www.amazon.com/Father-Stu-Bl...=UTF8&qid=&sr=
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 02:30 AM   #15
y2jman y2jman is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Jul 2014
tennessee
497
1489
1061
53
Default

yes I saw this last night 6:45 was able have time after 3rd fantastic beasts movie fire up quick supper mcdonald's go back in time have a McChicken sandwitch<-lordy I haven't had that since 80's early 90's still delicious

anyways i'm glad was able to see this as a back to back movie since couldn't see it Friday and it was going to be off theater's thurs

the film I enjoyed it I did laugh out loud some things it's a great movie btw
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 06:06 AM   #16
unberechenbar unberechenbar is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
May 2021
USA
5
229
229
199
3
Default

Saw this today. There were a lot of people in the showing, maybe 20 people. I wasn't expecting to laugh at all but there were several moments that made me laugh out loud. It had a number of touching scenes too. Wahlberg was great. The boxing stuff was great but felt like an afterthought with how quickly it ends. 4.5/5
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 11:20 PM   #17
PowellPressburger PowellPressburger is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
PowellPressburger's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Mpls, MN
444
3730
364
51
253
Default

70888829-E50B-41E5-BD36-F324A10396D6.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 08:33 PM   #18
ps3bd_owner ps3bd_owner is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ps3bd_owner's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

Thought this'd be a comedy movie, and instead it turned into a serious drama (with some comedy in the mix). Mark Whalberg was much more believable here as Father Stu than he was in Uncharted.

It was heart-felt and funny.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 12:14 AM   #19
unberechenbar unberechenbar is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
May 2021
USA
5
229
229
199
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
Thought this'd be a comedy movie, and instead it turned into a serious drama (with some comedy in the mix). Mark Whalberg was much more believable here as Father Stu than he was in Uncharted.

It was heart-felt and funny.
I wasn't expecting comedy at all. Granted I didn't see any trailers before I watched it but I thought it'd be a fairly serious religious movie. So it surprised me how often the movie made me laugh.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (05-31-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 12:58 AM   #20
Markgway Markgway is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Markgway's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Scotland
12
Default

Father Stew.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (05-31-2022), RandomMovieFan (05-31-2022)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:32 PM.