Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993) (Blu-ray)
$80.99
1 day ago
Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 day ago
Halloween Ends 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
13 hrs ago
Black Adam 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
13 hrs ago
Heart of Dragon (Blu-ray)
$26.99
1 day ago
House of the Dragon: The Complete First Season 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.24
1 hr ago
The Fly Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Memoirs of a Geisha (Blu-ray)
$6.99
20 hrs ago
The Conjuring Universe 7-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.35
1 day ago
Halloween Ends (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 06-15-2022, 12:34 AM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011
Houston, Texas
Default Terror on the Prairie - June 14, 2022 (new Gina Carano movie)

Premieres tonight on The Daily Wire. I'm pretty excited for this one, actually. I never did get around to seeing DW's previous film, Shut In, but I did really enjoy Run Hide Fight.

Old 06-15-2022, 12:47 AM   #2
Banned

May 2022

I only know about this movie because the Geeks and Gamers guys and Rob Schneider.

Old 06-15-2022, 01:38 AM   #3
Power Member

Sep 2021

I just subscribed to The Daily Wire just to watch this. I was hoping they were going to do a free premiere on youtube, but I'll give them the $14. I like Gina and have been a fan of hers since she was fighting in Strikeforce. I'll probably cancel afterwards because they only have like 4 movies on their site.

I just wanna see Gina kick ass and some good action. I wish we had way more westerns.
Thanks given by:
Chedwiggen (06-15-2022), cuzzin (06-15-2022), s2mikey (12-04-2022)
Old 06-15-2022, 01:48 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodshotUSA View Post
I just subscribed to The Daily Wire just to watch this. I was hoping they were going to do a free premiere on youtube, but I'll give them the $14. I like Gina and have been a fan of hers since she was fighting in Strikeforce. I'll probably cancel afterwards because they only have like 4 movies on their site.

I just wanna see Gina kick ass and some good action. I wish we had way more westerns.
Same.
Old 06-15-2022, 04:06 PM   #5
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2019
Richmond, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by roborunner94 View Post

[Show spoiler]
Is that a mutated/melted Gary Busey on the right there?
Old 06-15-2022, 05:29 PM   #6
Power Member

Sep 2021

It was a good movie and I enjoyed it. They kept it on location most of the time. It was kind of like Assault on Precinct 13 but instead of a police station its a log cabin on the frontier.

Gina Carano was great as Hattie. Probably one of the best performances I've seen her in. It looked like she did all off her own stunts. She spent the whole movie kicking ass which is what she does best. She is just working to keep her children safe from the cowboys. She's resourceful, she's smart, compassionate and she's an absolute bad ass. She created a more interesting female character than the majority of the bullshit that Hollywood comes up with.

Nick Searcy was good as the villain aka The Captain. It was weird having to root against him since I'm used to him playing such a likable character on Justified. He's leading a brutal group of cowboys. The movie opens with a brutal scene of him scalping a guy after beating the shit out of him. Even though he's an ex-confederate soldier the movie isn't about that. He's killing all the soldiers who were involved in an mission to assassinate him during the war, but instead led to the death of his daughter. Hattie's husband is the last one left from that mission so that's why they show up.

Cowboy Cerrone is probably the weak point of the movie as Hattie's husband. When he was announced for the movie, I thought he had to be playing one of the bad guys. Cerrone is such a natural jerk (he's an MMA fighter for anyone who isn't familiar with him) that it seemed so natural for him to be a bad guy. When the movie revealed he was the husband, even though he was still an unlikable dick, I figured he was gonna get killed immediately leading to Gina defending the children. But that's didn't happen either. I just don't think he's an experienced enough actor to handle such a big role yet. They should have gone for a more experienced actor.

The action scenes are good. You have a lot of people missing each other from 20 feet away, but from what I remember of history that's actually kind of accurate for guns of that era. It was kind of confusing why the Captain's gang was trying to Gina and the kids alive. You figure it would have been easy for them to just set the log cabin on fire instead of having a stand off.

I think they waited too long to reveal that the Captain actually wanted Hattie's husband, because he was on the mission that killed her daughter, and wanted to use the family as bait for a trap. Until they revealed that they all just kind of came off as stupid cowboys.

I actually jumped from fear when the snake almost got the baby. I hate snakes. Scariest part of the movie.

I give it a B. Fun and brutal movie. You could tell it had a really small budget but they made good use of it. I like that The Daily Wire is making and distributing movies like this. Run, Hide, Fight was great too. I always take more mid budget thrillers. I wish the other streaming services made more of these instead of giant, bland looking $200m movies. I wish they had more movies on the service cause I'd probably keep the service if they did.

I hope this comes out on Blu Ray.

Last edited by BloodshotUSA; 06-15-2022 at 06:32 PM.
Thanks given by:
Brutalizer79 (06-15-2022), Edward R. Meow (11-30-2022), mantle52ball (12-01-2022), MercurySeven (06-15-2022)
Old 06-15-2022, 06:09 PM   #7
Special Member

Apr 2015
Northeast Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodshotUSA View Post
It was a good movie and I enjoyed it. They kept it on location most of the time. It was kind of like Assault on Precinct 13 but instead of a police station its a log cabin on the frontier.

Gina Carano was great as Hattie. Probably one of the best performances I've seen her in. It looked like she did all off her own stunts. She spent the whole movie kicking ass which is what she does best. She is just working to keep her children safe from the cowboys. She's resourceful, she's smart, compassionate and she's an absolute bad ass. She created a more interesting female character than the majority of the bullshit that Hollywood comes up with.

Nick Searcy was good as the villain aka The Captain. It was weird having to root against him since I'm used to him playing such a likable character on Justified. He's leading a brutal group of cowboys. The movie opens with a brutal scene of him scalping a guy after beating the shit out of him. Even though he's an ex-confederate soldier the movie isn't about that. He's killing all the soldiers who were involved in an mission to assassinate him during the war, but instead led to the death of his daughter. Hattie's husband is the last one left from that mission so that's why they show up.

Cowboy Cerrone is probably the weak point of the movie as Hattie's husband. When he was announced for the movie, I thought he had to be playing one of the bad guys. Cerrone is such a natural jerk (he's an MMA fighter for anyone who isn't familiar with him) that it seemed to natural for him to be a bad guy. When the movie revealed he was the husband, even though he was still an unlikable dick, I figured he was gonna get killed immediately leading to Gina defending the children. But that's didn't happen either. I just don't think he's an experienced enough actor to handle such a big role yet. They should have gone for a more experienced actor.

The action scenes are good. You have a lot of people missing each other from 20 feet away, but from what I remember of history that's actually kind of accurate for guns of that era. It was kind of confusing why the Captain's gang was trying to Gina and the kids alive. You figure it would have been easy for them to just the log cabin on fire instead of having a stand off.

I think they waited too long to reveal that the Captain actually wanted Hattie's husband, because he was on the mission that killed her daughter, and wanted to use the family as bait for a trap. Until they revealed that they all just kind of came off as stupid cowboys.

I actually jumped from fear when the snake almost got the baby. I hate snakes. Scariest part of the movie.

I give it a B. Fun and brutal movie. You could tell it had a really small budget but they made good use of it. I like that The Daily Wire is making and distributing movies like this. Run, Hide, Fight was great too. I always take more mid budget thrillers. I wish the other streaming services made more of these instead of giant, bland looking $200m movies. I wish they had more movies on the service cause I'd probably keep the service if they did.

I hope this comes out on Blu Ray.
Nice review, in fact, all the reviews I've seen thus far have been positive. Hoping for a Blu-ray as well as I don't want to sign up for the service. Nothing against the Dailey Wire, but I don't have any streaming services and I don't want to start, even knowing I can just cancel it after I watch the movie.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:01 AM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011
Houston, Texas

I really don't think I realized until I watched this review that there was no music in the film at all until the end.

I kind of have to agree with this guy then, that music probably would have helped to elevate the tension and accentuate the action. Also, Daily Wire really needs to step up their streaming capabilities if they want to start getting into the movie business. They aren't even streaming in 5.1 audio. And the video quality is not much better. Watching those darker scenes on an OLED was painful. I rank them slightly below Shudder in terms of AV stream quality.
Old 08-24-2022, 05:17 PM   #9
Blu-ray Prince

May 2011
Texas
-
-
-
-

I wish Dailywire would get into the physical media game. I really liked this and a few other movies on their streamer.
Thanks given by:
s2mikey (08-25-2022)
Old 11-30-2022, 10:31 PM   #10

Oct 2019
Scranton, PA
-
-
-

Anyone own the French blu-ray?

If so, thoughts on pq/aq? Region B locked?

Old 12-02-2022, 01:46 AM   #11
Banned

Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan

I was notified that someone thanked an old post of mine in this thread, but I see it's been scrubbed. Nice to see some things never change.
Old 12-02-2022, 05:26 AM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2017
???, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillamon51 View Post
I was notified that someone thanked an old post of mine in this thread, but I see it's been scrubbed. Nice to see some things never change.
mine too! also happened in for example the Amsterdam UHD thread when I tried to bring light to what the film's director did to his niece
Thanks given by:
Zillamon51 (12-02-2022)
Old 12-04-2022, 03:47 PM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2014
Under an arch

I don't disagree with much on the Daily Wire but outside of this movie I can't think of what I would hear that I haven't already heard on Youtube.
I love Jordan Peterson, but he has like a million lectures on Youtube, likewise Ben Shapiro. So it boils down to a $15 rental. If it gets a blu-ray release I could rent it for $4.
Thanks given by:
s2mikey (12-04-2022)
Old 12-05-2022, 10:07 PM   #14
Special Member

Jul 2014
Edmonton, Canada

VVS Films released this on DVD here in Canada - I saw it at Wal-Mart the other day. Not a movie I'd ever bother to watch, but thought I'd mention it for those who like this movie. I'm surprised they didn't release a Blu-ray as they usually do both.
Old 12-10-2022, 10:08 PM   #15

Jan 2015
Fallwell, Massachusetts

This was a really solid movie, I hope we see a blu ray in the states soon.
Old 12-11-2022, 12:28 AM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2021

I'm surprised at how little promotion this has gotten. Other indie films made it to wide theatrical release this year. What's the point of making a movie if so few people can watch it?

BTW, why are so many westerns nowadays given a depressing, blue color tone? Vintage westerns were much warmer.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies