Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993) (Blu-ray)
$80.99

Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99

Shazam! 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
6 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Heart of Dragon (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Nobody (Blu-ray)
$6.99
8 hrs ago
The Conjuring Universe 7-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Barn (Blu-ray)
$18.47
2 hrs ago
Black Adam 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
1 day ago
The Fly Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Halloween Ends 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 11-21-2022, 01:09 PM   #41
Power Member

Aug 2017
Virginia

Maybe he will do something about this degenerate.

Those shorts are way too short and put a shirt on for God's sake. Think of the children.

Scandalous.
Thanks given by:
mwynn (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 01:20 PM   #42
Expert Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farerb View Post
He should remove the 45 days window and market animated movies more than a month before release. Pixar and Disney animated movies should be treated as events.
Yes to this. Back to theatrical for a lot of these projects.
Thanks given by:
Monterey Jack (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 01:54 PM   #43
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2012

Quote:
I don't get it, people here constantly said that Disney is doing well, why would they make such a decision?!

Anyway, I see so much people online so happy about it as if Iger is their personal friend. So many issues nowadays are resulted from his decisions. Sure, it probably means less focus on Disney+ content, higher quality production values, but we'll still get unnecessary remakes and sequels, they'll just look better. It'll also probably mean no hand drawn features and no LGBT representation or less of it.
Why would Iger mean less LGBTQ representation when one of the reasons behind this decision was apparently Chapek was slow to voice opposition to Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” bill, which Iger voiced earlier on, and Chapek’s move left LGBTQ employees feeling like he didn’t have their back the way Iger did. Obviously the stock hit in the last year was a big motivating factor behind this move, but beyond that it seems like less about content, and more managerial style (Iger is apparently much more diplomatic, the way Chapek criticized Scarlett Johansson over Black Widow salary was also brought up as an issue with his tenure).
Thanks given by:
Cremildo (11-21-2022), El Rey (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 01:56 PM   #44
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Rister View Post
Conservative choice, I think Iger felt he would be a steady hand, a sort of "don't fix what ain't broke" fella...oops. Chapek started some really unpopular moves -- bringing back Eisner-era executive oversight over the creative divisions is the least-discussed bad moves he made, but to me, that was the most alarming. Chapek also had the charisma of your least-favorite uncle and physique of Tor Johnson, and I'd rather hang out with Tor...
I don't have an opinion either way on Chapek but the guy did start his tenure at the worst possible time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steev210 View Post
I'm curious to see if Iger has some incentive to increase Disney's physical media output, specifically 4K UHD titles and the slew of Fox titles either sitting in the vaults or behind a paywall.

Time will tell...here's hoping he's well aware of the fan base eager and willing to spend their hard earned money on the many classics, blockbusters and cult favorites that remain sitting, collecting dust, not generating any profit during Disney's turbulent time and lackluster, disappointing 4th quarter projections.
Does anyone know where Iger and Chapek stood on home video? Did they ever discuss it as CEOs?
Thanks given by:
indisposed (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 02:01 PM   #45
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2008
Upstate, NY

Quote:
I don't get it, people here constantly said that Disney is doing well, why would they make such a decision?!

Anyway, I see so much people online so happy about it as if Iger is their personal friend. So many issues nowadays are resulted from his decisions. Sure, it probably means less focus on Disney+ content, higher quality production values, but we'll still get unnecessary remakes and sequels, they'll just look better. It'll also probably mean no hand drawn features and no LGBT representation or less of it.
Why assume no LGBT at all though? Having some of that is one thing but its another when it feels at times as if the "social awakening" angle is the total driving force behind a lot of content. Balance/reason works best here, IMO.

Needless reboots and remakes are the norm now and thats not just a Disney-driven thing. I dunno, I dont see an issue with the switch. And, Disney was not doing as well as some have claimed!
Thanks given by:
Hellraiserfan (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 02:02 PM   #46
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjg View Post
I don't have an opinion either way on Chapek but the guy did start his tenure at the worst possible time.

Does anyone know where Iger and Chapek stood on home video? Did they ever discuss it as CEOs?
I second this inquiry. To this day, I don't understand not releasing or even licensing titles out. I get the push for their streaming service, but one doesn't really have to negate the other. I own lots of movies that are on Netflix, we still have a Netflix account.

Just because you release or license a film, doesn't mean your streaming revenue is going to go down. In fact, it's almost free money at that point, let a label take the print and fix it up and release it and send you money. They release new Disney movies and some animated classics on disc, why not do more?
Thanks given by:
Boccaccio (11-21-2022), indisposed (11-21-2022), Rayjg (11-21-2022), Surge92 (11-23-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 02:49 PM   #47
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2020
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbs2034 View Post
Why would Iger mean less LGBTQ representation when one of the reasons behind this decision was apparently Chapek was slow to voice opposition to Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” bill, which Iger voiced earlier on, and Chapek’s move left LGBTQ employees feeling like he didn’t have their back the way Iger did. Obviously the stock hit in the last year was a big motivating factor behind this move, but beyond that it seems like less about content, and more managerial style (Iger is apparently much more diplomatic, the way Chapek criticized Scarlett Johansson over Black Widow salary was also brought up as an issue with his tenure).
Really I think that a lot of Disney's sucess has basically been about not rocking the boat too much with the various proprieties they pickup, Iger unlike so many big name execs didnt seem to have the desire to micromanage creatives.
Old 11-21-2022, 02:49 PM   #48
Special Member

Jun 2011

So I'm struggling with what to think about this.

On one hand, I think Iger was a great CEO for Disney in terms of weighing his successes vs. his shortcomings. He did A LOT right. Disney+ was developed under his watch, and launched, etc.

Chapek...man. As a consumer of media only, I think he did some good stuff. I LOVE Disney+. We watch it a lot in my house, but kid-friendly fare isn't the only thing I want to watch. So I LOVED that D+ was starting to incorporate more adult-themed entertainment. I don't understand why it's so hard to allow parents/households to determine what a kid can and cannot see. So I loved the parental controls incorporated. It meant my step-daughter who is only 9 didn't HAVE to have Kids Profile, but also couldn't see things like the Netflix Daredevil (or even The Beatles: Get Back) on her profile.

That's another thing--I'm a HUGE Beatles fan. Does Iger coming back mean that D+ is going to revert to what he wanted, and thus things like that get removed?

I think overall this is a good move, but for the love of god, I want Iger to realize that there's a not-insignificant number of loyal Disney fans who LOVE their traditional offerings, but also love the more grown-up/adult fare.
Old 11-21-2022, 03:37 PM   #49

Aug 2021

Can we just have The Rock on 4k, please? Come on Disney, you're killing me!
Thanks given by:
Doc Samson (11-21-2022), indisposed (11-21-2022), moviebuffed (11-21-2022), s2mikey (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 03:41 PM   #50
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
Guydowood, GA

DISNEYGAMES.jpg
Old 11-21-2022, 05:41 PM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2014
Under an arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey9775 View Post
Yup that's the dumbest post I've ever seen on this board.
Oh yeah I'm sure.
Old 11-21-2022, 05:52 PM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2008
Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underworld54 View Post
Iger is responsible for a lot of the failings too, most notably allowing the company to go all political.
True - He's the one that swallowed up like every IP under the sun which was smart financially but then started pushing a lot of the content towards pushing "the agenda". Because, ya know, people havent had enough of that in their lives.

If they just got back to entertaining and left the rest out of it.

Quote:
I'm curious to see if Iger has some incentive to increase Disney's physical media output, specifically 4K UHD titles and the slew of Fox titles either sitting in the vaults or behind a paywall.

Time will tell...here's hoping he's well aware of the fan base eager and willing to spend their hard earned money on the many classics, blockbusters and cult favorites that remain sitting, collecting dust, not generating any profit during Disney's turbulent time and lackluster, disappointing 4th quarter projections.
Great post dead on. There are numerous classics locked up that my self and Im sure many of you would gladly purchase in 4K. He's got to know that we do exist and will hand over money ASAP for a lot of this stuff.

Like: Aliens in 4k. Thats just one title out of dozens Id buy like day 1.
Thanks given by:
Alan T (12-01-2022), Atomic Cowboy (11-22-2022), Rzzzz (11-21-2022), Underworld54 (11-24-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 06:12 PM   #53
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

some folks in here pointing out that Iger wasn't perfect, true but look at the sorry alternative that took his place for almost two years
Also a lot of you are solely focusing on the onscreen projects, which I get because of the nature of this forum, but those of us who are park goers and retail fans have a big problem with the price hikes, value of product and microtransaction approach Chapek instituted at the parks. While some of these policies started while Iger was still in place, Iger was had a diplomatic, gentle approach of instituting and justifying them whereas Chapek did not buy you dinner first
Thanks given by:
Kneel B4 Zod (11-23-2022), NerdCollecter1998 (11-24-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 06:19 PM   #54
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2018

Quote:

I’m positive this is not on any agenda list for Bob
Thanks given by:
El Rey (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 06:53 PM   #55

Aug 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
some folks in here pointing out that Iger wasn't perfect, true but look at the sorry alternative that took his place for almost two years
Also a lot of you are solely focusing on the onscreen projects, which I get because of the nature of this forum, but those of us who are park goers and retail fans have a big problem with the price hikes, value of product and microtransaction approach Chapek instituted at the parks. While some of these policies started while Iger was still in place, Iger was had a diplomatic, gentle approach of instituting and justifying them whereas Chapek did not buy you dinner first
Chapek after a one night stand: Wash up *****, I'm done with you. Here's the door!
Old 11-21-2022, 07:28 PM   #56
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Oct 2010
Wales

If I remember it was commented the day Chapek took over he was keeping the seat warm for the other Bob to return, so this isn't a surprise. It was only a matter of time.
Old 11-21-2022, 07:33 PM   #57
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs commenter View Post
I’m positive this is not on any agenda list for Bob
He probably should care:

"Shares of Disney sank 13.16% Wednesday — their lowest level in more than two years — after the media conglomerate’s quarterly results fell short of Wall Street expectations and the company signaled that its direct-to-streaming losses and linear TV declines for fiscal year 2023 would be higher than expected."

They have a back catalog of titles held hostage akin to the money sitting in Scrooge McDuck's Vault. Offsetting the cost of beefing up their streaming services via licenses and disc releases would only help to broaden the content on their service while also bringing in added revenue. It seems like a no brainer.

Last edited by RevolverOcelScott; 11-21-2022 at 07:43 PM.
Thanks given by:
indisposed (11-21-2022), s2mikey (11-21-2022), Zivouhr (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 07:41 PM   #58
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Another round for Iger? I thought he would want to retire. Usually the 2nd time doesn't last very long before they find a long-term replacement while Iger steps in as the other guy steps down. If Iger is there for more than 4 more years, I'll be surprised. If he loved it so much, why leave in the first place?

Okay, it's for 2 years to find another replacement.
Old 11-21-2022, 08:44 PM   #59
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
N. Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbs2034 View Post

Thanks given by:
s2mikey (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 09:05 PM   #60
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

I think Chapek, who stepped down, was in charge of Disney phasing out their series shows from disc media and only supporting their new shows like Obi Wan Kenobi on their D- pay channel. Not good. Unless that ball already started rolling before Iger left. Get more shows on disc format please.

Disney makes a lot of money, but they also have a lot of costs too with employees, insurance, maintenance of their parks, etc.

As far as them acquiring major entertainment companies, that's something that's happening with the video game industry too, where once big development corporations are being absorbed by Sony and Microsoft. Not good. Sometimes these extra arms are dissolved completely.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies