Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

12 Days of Deals, Day 9 is Live »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99
2 hrs ago
Westworld: Season One (Blu-ray)
$16.99
2 hrs ago
Audition (Blu-ray)
$29.33
1 hr ago
Mission: Impossible - Fallout 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
11 hrs ago
Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Crazy Rich Asians 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Mid90s (Blu-ray)
$14.99
2 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
 
Supergirl: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
19 hrs ago
BlacKkKlansman 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
The Mummy: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
Gotham: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
11 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2018, 12:33 PM   #1
Yeti4928 Yeti4928 is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2013
Default Eve (2019)

What do you guys think of this upcoming action movie starring Jessica Chastain?

Matthew Newton was the original director, but had to step down once his fairly recent domestic violence record resurfaced. It seems strange that an outspoken "SJW feminist" such as Jessica Chastain would risk working with this guy. Some have said she didn't know, but it's all over his Wikipedia. Are you telling me she and everyone around her are that clueless? Plus, even if they were that clueless, her company is still paying him for his screenplay. On top of all of that, Jessica remains silent.


The movie itself has potential, but this scandal has soured it for me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:02 PM   #2
Doctor Jack Doctor Jack is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Doctor Jack's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
821
24
139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti4928 View Post
What do you guys think of this upcoming action movie starring Jessica Chastain?

Matthew Newton was the original director, but had to step down once his fairly recent domestic violence record resurfaced. It seems strange that an outspoken "SJW feminist" such as Jessica Chastain would risk working with this guy. Some have said she didn't know, but it's all over his Wikipedia. Are you telling me she and everyone around her are that clueless? Plus, even if they were that clueless, her company is still paying him for his screenplay. On top of all of that, Jessica remains silent.


The movie itself has potential, but this scandal has soured it for me.
Jessica is one of those Hollywood morons who thinks the rules and causes they champion donít apply to them.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
FilmLock (12-08-2018)
Old 12-08-2018, 08:44 PM   #3
AaronJ AaronJ is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
AaronJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Michigan
436
2
1
Default

I don't care at all about the "scandal." I care that it sounds like a good story, and it stars a number of my favorite actors and actresses. I mean, even if the only three people I recognized were Chastain, Farrell, and Malkovich I'd already be sold.

Would love to see a trailer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:58 PM   #4
FilmLock FilmLock is offline
Junior Member
 
Dec 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jack View Post
Jessica is one of those Hollywood morons who thinks the rules and causes they champion donít apply to them.
Most of them are like that.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
CelluloidPal (12-08-2018)
Old 12-08-2018, 11:10 PM   #5
CelluloidPal CelluloidPal is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
May 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
I don't care at all about the "scandal." I care that it sounds like a good story, and it stars a number of my favorite actors and actresses. I mean, even if the only three people I recognized were Chastain, Farrell, and Malkovich I'd already be sold.

Would love to see a trailer.
I have respect for Chastain as an actress, she is truly talented but as a person, not so much. There are movies that I've enjoyed that had actors and actresses that I highly dislike.
I haven't heard about this movie but if it has a shot of being worth seeing, I'll go regardless.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:13 PM   #6
J-Mart J-Mart is online now
Senior Member
 
J-Mart's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Bend, OR
771
55
216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmLock View Post
Most of them are like that.
I would say most people are hypocrites to some degree.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:11 AM   #7
AaronJ AaronJ is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
AaronJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Michigan
436
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelluloidPal View Post
I have respect for Chastain as an actress, she is truly talented but as a person, not so much. There are movies that I've enjoyed that had actors and actresses that I highly dislike.
I haven't heard about this movie but if it has a shot of being worth seeing, I'll go regardless.
Chastain doesn't bother me. I mean, some of the stuff she says or reacts to, sure. But that's true of everyone, I would suspect. I'd be sort of freaked out if I ran into someone with whom I completely agreed on everything, to be honest.

And when I've seen her on more funny-oriented talk shows (like Graham Norton or Jimmy Kimmel or whatever) she seems like loads of fun and has a great sense of humor. Yes, yes, I realize she's an actress and is paid lots of money to be able to project a particular personality. But man, does she have some funny stories and can definitely weave a narrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mart View Post
I would say most people are hypocrites to some degree.
Absolutely.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:19 PM.