Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U)
$17.07

Hello Kitty Kruisers (Wii U)
$49.99

Sonic Lost World (Wii U)
$19.49

Splatoon (Wii U)
$54.45

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
$36.98

Tumblestone (Wii U)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo

Old 10-14-2016, 06:59 PM   #1
Special Member

Feb 2011
Default Worth investing in Wii U so late in?

So with this supposed NX "announcement" due anytime now, I'm just wondering if it's worth picking up say an 8gb Wii U over the 32gb to tide me over?

Wouldn't download any games either as the games are so cheap at the moment.

Last edited by BMox81; 10-14-2016 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:36 PM   #2
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugnid View Post
So with this supposed NX "announcement" due anytime now, I'm just wondering if it's worth picking up say an 8gb Wii U over the 32gb to tide me over?

My suggestion would be to at least wait until the NX is announced and we know more about it. My hunch is that Nintendo are going to port a lot of the major Wii U titles over to the NX as HD re masters anyway.

I'm not denying the Wii U has some great games but it's hard for me to recommend buying a dead system, especially at a 300.00 price point.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:57 PM   #3
Special Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
My suggestion would be to at least wait until the NX is announced and we know more about it. My hunch is that Nintendo are going to port a lot of the major Wii U titles over to the NX as HD re masters anyway.

I'm not denying the Wii U has some great games but it's hard for me to recommend buying a dead system, especially at a 300.00 price point.
That was my initial thought as well, but then I'm wondering if I'll be that invested in the NX to the point that I'll shell out 350 for it... My days are either at work and then getting home to my second job being a dad to a 10 month old.

I'm more than happy to buy second hand if need be as well so there'd be a reduced cost there.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:02 PM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Steelmaker is right on as far as buying it to actually play is concerned. However as far as collecting is concerned I believe the Wii U will be the kind of system that will be quite enticing down the line because of low sales and low print runs. That also works against you if you want to hold off on getting one but actually play it as well since the longer you wait the harder games will be to find.

Hard to say. Personally I would hold out and see if there's any backwards compatibility in the NX. At that point I would buy up the games I want and get the new system.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:45 AM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
That was my initial thought as well, but then I'm wondering if I'll be that invested in the NX to the point that I'll shell out 350 for it... My days are either at work and then getting home to my second job being a dad to a 10 month old.

I'm more than happy to buy second hand if need be as well so there'd be a reduced cost there.
With your situation. having a system that can be played both at home and on the go, as the NX is said to do, may actually be more beneficial to you. With limited time you could take the NX with you and play at work during breaks. Just something else to consider.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:31 AM   #6
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Find Me!

And it's "possible" that they might drop the price on the Wii U.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:47 AM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:

If you are someone, who buys very many games, then I would definitely recommend you to buy a 8 GB Wii U. I did the same 2-3 years ago. For around 100-110 pounds, which was very very cheap.

I then bought an additional 400 GB external harddrive, which is way more than enough.

The 8 GB model is fine for people like me, who know that there won't be enough space in any case. The 32 GB model is for people, who buy quite a few games, but almost nothing digitally. In such a case 32 GB would also be more than enough. Only a few Wii U games were patched at all and most of the time such patches are really tiny. There are also no installations, so you simply do not need that much space, unless you buy everything digitally or buy tons of games like me including indies.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:57 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012

See I am a member of CAG (Cheap ass gamer)...so it is always in the best interest to wait and save.

However due to this wait til the last minute or wait til there is a good deal. I have lost out on getting the PS Vita, Wii U and now the NES Classic Edition. I acquired some accessories and games for the Vita and Wii U and was waiting for a good price drop. Waited too late and now those systems are GONE.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:05 PM   #9

Feb 2017

There are games that will most likely not be ported over to Switch, so i'd say yes.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo