Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U)
$17.07

Hello Kitty Kruisers (Wii U)
$49.99

Sonic Lost World (Wii U)
$19.49

Splatoon (Wii U)
$54.45

Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
$36.98

Tumblestone (Wii U)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo

Old 03-17-2015, 09:59 AM   #1
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales
Default Nintendo to release games on phone's and tablet

The move to mobile - long requested by the company's investors - will begin later this year, when the first new game apps are released.

Nintendo is partnering with massive Japanese mobile firm DeNA to aid in the company's app development.

Speaking in a press conference this morning, Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata confirmed Nintendo would take charge of the actual game development - the front-end, gameplay and UI that players actually see.

DeNA, meanwhile, will be working on supporting Nintendo by providing back-end services and server knowledge.

Nintendo and DeNA will also work together on a new membership service. This is the replacement for Club Nintendo that the company teased earlier this year.

This service will work across all platforms - PC, mobile, tablet, 3DS, Wii U and the upcoming NX - a new dedicated game system that Nintendo also announced.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:08 AM   #2
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
The move to mobile - long requested by the company's investors - will begin later this year, when the first new game apps are released.

Nintendo is partnering with massive Japanese mobile firm DeNA to aid in the company's app development.

Speaking in a press conference this morning, Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata confirmed Nintendo would take charge of the actual game development - the front-end, gameplay and UI that players actually see.

DeNA, meanwhile, will be working on supporting Nintendo by providing back-end services and server knowledge.

Nintendo and DeNA will also work together on a new membership service. This is the replacement for Club Nintendo that the company teased earlier this year.

This service will work across all platforms - PC, mobile, tablet, 3DS, Wii U and the upcoming NX - a new dedicated game system that Nintendo also announced.
Sad times.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:12 PM   #3

Dec 2009

Yep and Pokemon GO looks to be leading the charge. Looks fun for those with a smartphone.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:30 AM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009

I would love a Mario game for my android tablet.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:45 PM   #5
Expert Member

Nov 2011
cyberspace

Has anything new been announced or is that Mii app all they have and some Pokemon thing?
Old 06-28-2016, 04:34 PM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by segagamer12 View Post
Has anything new been announced or is that Mii app all they have and some Pokemon thing?
A new Animal Crossing game has been confirmed to be in development along with I THINK a new Fire Emblem.

What I want more than anything to play on my phone is Pikmin and Mario Golf. Those would be tailor made for mobile phones!
Old 08-28-2018, 06:16 AM   #7

Aug 2018
Austin, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethRex View Post
I would love a Mario game for my android tablet.
Did you check play market yet? There are a bunch of Mario series apps here
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo