Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993) (Blu-ray)
$80.99

Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99

Shazam! 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
12 hrs ago
Heart of Dragon (Blu-ray)
$26.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Nobody (Blu-ray)
$6.99
13 hrs ago
The Conjuring Universe 7-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Fly Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Halloween Ends 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
1 day ago
Black Adam 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
1 day ago
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Barn (Blu-ray)
$18.47
8 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 11-06-2014, 01:33 AM   #1

Jun 2011
Indianapolis, USA
Default Best place to order Blu-rays IN Brazil?

My wife's father is flying out on Friday to visit Brazil for two weeks, so I'd like to take the opportunity to add some Brazilian discs to my collection. If I order the Blu-rays online, I can have them shipped to the address where he will be staying.

So my question is, what is the best place to order Blu-rays from in Brazil? Is saraiva.com.br the best source in terms of selection, price, reliability, etc? Or are there any other sites I should check out?

And is two weeks plenty of time to have the movies shipped and delivered if I order within the next few days?

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2014, 02:40 AM   #2

Sep 2011

It does not make a difference because there is no such thing as "competition" here in Brazil. The prices are made by the companies, not by the stores. If Disney wants to sell its Blu-rays for 70R$, then the price is 70R$ EVERYWHERE.

Brazilian Blu-rays are also incredibly fu*king overpriced. The normal price for a Blu here is 69,99R$, that is 35 US$. 3D Blu usually 99,00R$ (50 Dollar). More examples ? Twin Peaks set 459,00 R$ (225 Dollar!), Superman Anthology 249 R$ (125 Dollar!). The same set in Britain is 15BP. Same discs, same (english) package!

Long story short: The last thing to look for in Brazil are Blu-rays. Even brazilian movies can be found better and cheaper in Britain. Ask him to bring a good Cachaça or some Antarctica Guarana.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:45 AM   #3

Sep 2011
Recife-PE / Brazil
Send a message via ICQ to ThiagoPE Send a message via MSN to ThiagoPE Send a message via Skype™ to ThiagoPE

Saraiva is a good source and do a lot of special deals, but its not the only, there is several websites that sells blurays here, i will say somes

www.americanas.com.br / www.submarino.com.br
www.dvdworld.com.br
www.livrariacultura.com.br
www.walmart.com.br
www.extra.com.br
www.fnac.com.br
www.shoptime.com.br
among others.

Current deals

Saraiva: Buy two from this list for R$ 34,90/USD14 : http://www.saraiva.com.br/dia-de-mus...?PAC_ID=125109

Submarino: Buy two from this list for R$ 29,90/15USD : http://www.submarino.com.br/portal/h...q=AFL-03-28170

Buy 2 3d titles from this list for R$ 59,90/24USD : http://www.submarino.com.br/portal/h...q=AFL-03-28170
Old 11-06-2014, 02:51 AM   #4

Sep 2011
Recife-PE / Brazil
Send a message via ICQ to ThiagoPE Send a message via MSN to ThiagoPE Send a message via Skype™ to ThiagoPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Zuko View Post
It does not make a difference because there is no such thing as "competition" here in Brazil. The prices are made by the companies, not by the stores. If Disney wants to sell its Blu-rays for 70R$, then the price is 70R$ EVERYWHERE.
In the release, blurs here are usually overpriced if you compare with other places, however, we have some interesting deals after the title lose the "(fresh) release" tag, as you can see in the deals i posted above (you see some Disney titles in it).
Old 11-15-2014, 06:57 PM   #5
Banned

Jan 2010

Boas dicas das lojas. Os Blu-Ray's no Brasil podem ser caros mas o número de filmes e séries disponíveis é muito superior a Portugal, pelo menos têm escolha. Não se compreende o porquê da Amazon Brasil ainda não vender Blu-Ray's!?
Old 11-15-2014, 11:00 PM   #6

Jun 2011
Indianapolis, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sonic View Post
Boas dicas das lojas. Os Blu-Ray's no Brasil podem ser caros mas o número de filmes e séries disponíveis é muito superior a Portugal, pelo menos têm escolha. Não se compreende o porquê da Amazon Brasil ainda não vender Blu-Ray's!?
Expensive compared to Blu-rays in Portugal? Because it seems like the prices are pretty good to me. Which surprised me, because from what I hear, most things in Brazil are much more expensive than in the US.

My father-in-law is in Brazil right now, so I used Thiago's links above to go on a shopping spree. (Thanks Thiago!) I ordered 25 titles, and a lot of them were only R$ 19,99, which comes to about $7.50 US. And several of them were Disney movies! And many others great titles were R$ 29,99, which is only around $11.50 US.

Like Thiago said, the new releases can be pricey, but the older releases were actually surprisingly inexpensive in many cases.

The only bad thing is that the sites I was using (Saraiva and Americanas) were kind of sluggish, and I had some problems with crashing and freezing up, and sometimes my cart would empty for no reason (VERY annoying).

And when I finally placed my order, I later got an email saying it was cancelled because my card was from another country. I've used my credit card all of the world and never had that problem before. I even called my credit card company before ordering to pre-authorize the foreign transaction since they might think it's suspicious. Maybe it's a Brazilian thing?

Anyway, I finally ended up giving the list of Blu-ray's I wanted to my father-in-law, and he ordered them himself.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:30 PM   #7
Banned

Jan 2010
Default Blu-Ray Portugal

In Portugal new releases of recent movies are expensive, in particular 3D that could costs 35€! 2D could costs 20€/25€, new releases of old movies are less expensive, 15€/20€ , but we can get them cheaper after waiting a period of time, 6 months, year or more, and get them in a promotion or sale, it depends when you buy it.
But what's really absurd in Portugal, the releases they made of insignificant and bad movies instead of masterpieces and excelent movies, and we have very few tv series and only 2 portuguese movies on Blu-Ray.

What a bad idea, in contrast to the releases we're waiting for, Apocalypse Now, Seven, Goodfellas, The Departed, Empire of The Sun, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones???
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Grown...Blu-ray/91036/

Last edited by Super Sonic; 11-16-2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:57 PM   #8

Nov 2014
Argentina

some titles from Brazilian seller can be find on ebay.com with very good shipping price. And you can use paypal to pay your order.
some of the sites mentioned in the list above, don´t make a international shipping. Must
should check in each particular case.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Portuguese