Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Fly Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
11 hrs ago
The Poison Ivy Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
11 hrs ago
Species 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
11 hrs ago
Cat People 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
11 hrs ago
Lifeforce 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
11 hrs ago
Escape from New York 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
11 hrs ago
The Craft 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.99
11 hrs ago
Triangle of Sadness 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.54

The Fisher King 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Romeo and Juliet (Blu-ray)
$21.49
1 day ago
Halloween Ends (Blu-ray)
$17.99
10 hrs ago
Candyman 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
11 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions

Old 10-07-2021, 08:35 PM   #1

Aug 2007
Calgary, AB Canada
Question blu-ray.com Collection management issue.

TLDR; Recently added collection sorting does not seem to work, seeking fix or workaround thanks.

Greetings,

As is likely obvious by my profile details, I am a collector of film and television media. I am incredibly OCD when it comes to sorting, cataloging and preserving my collection (some titles are only handled while wearing latex gloves for instance) and they are stored in a climate controlled room with virtually no humidity. As you can see I am somewhat extreme and very exacting when it comes to the maintenance, sorting, and cataloguing of my collection.

Blu-ray.com tools have been absolutely fantastic and I have used them since the site launched with the arrival of the format nearly 15 years ago.

One function which has never properly worked for me is sorting, specifically trying to sort your collection by the date you added the title. (In my case almost every title is added through the android app and the barcode scanner). Unfortunately the sorting never works, regular or descending.

Has anyone found a way around this issue? The reason why it is useful to me is because I have some 75 or so categories for my collection (yep OCD alright) but when I am in an environment that does not let me create categories for new titles I just simply add them to another category that is nearest to the titles description. Later when I have access to a computer I go in and create the proper category and sort the new titles in. Unfortunately I have added alot of new titles recently into generic categories with the intention of sorting them proper later, but there are so many now that I cannot remember every title that needs to be sorted. This is where the sorting by recently added function would be invaluable, but alas it seems to not function properly.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.
Old 10-07-2021, 09:34 PM   #2
Expert Member

Nov 2010
Canada

Sort by recently added works fine for me, but you need to enter in the "date added" each time you add a title to your collection... This is filled by default when you add a title to your collection through the browser, but I don't know about the app/barcode scanner.

When you sort by recently added, they'll still be sorted only within the various category divisions you've created, mind.
A suggestion off the top of my head would be to create a category for "new" or "to be sorted later" or something like that.
Old 10-08-2021, 12:55 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Bakersfield, CA

Do you use the smart phone app?

It seems to sort 4K or Bluray by date added, most recently first.

I have 2 categories set up for 4K’s and it seems to ignore those for me.
Old 10-29-2021, 07:25 PM   #4
Expert Member

Jul 2009
I'm at...

@jee I have about 25 custom categories. When I sort by recently added (desc) (the second in the list not the first) it ignores the categories and sorts them by date added.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sort by recently added (desc).jpg (98.9 KB, 6 views)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions