Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Army of Darkness (iTunes)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
The Menu (iTunes)
$9.99
4 hrs ago
I Know What You Did Last Summer (iTunes)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
Red Rocket (iTunes)
$4.99
11 hrs ago
Fantastic Beasts 3-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
11 hrs ago
Kingdom of Heaven (iTunes)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
The Worst Person in the World (iTunes)
$4.99
11 hrs ago
Commando (iTunes)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
Shaun of the Dead (iTunes)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
Pulp Fiction (iTunes)
$6.99
11 hrs ago
Thor 4-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$34.99

Some Like It Hot (iTunes)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 12-26-2021, 01:42 AM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Round Rock, TX
Default No Time to Die Redemption

This post may not be No Time to Die specific. It's probably an iOS / Apple specific.

First, let me say that I am not an Apple guy. I am a Google Android guy, a Roku guy for TV/Movies. I have a Movies Anywhere account, a Vudu account, YouTube, Google Play, etc.

And while I do have an Apple ID, and an iPad that was used for my retail store cash register, I do NOT have an Apple TV device. Also note that I have my Apple ID set to sync in Movies Anywhere.

So, I got No Time to Die on 4K Blu-ray for Christmas today. It really sucks that it doesn't have a Movies Anywhere or Vudu code. It's so stupid that it's Apple specific. But I digress.

So, I used my iPad to sign I to the Apple store and attempted to redeem the code. When I typed it in, it went to a blank window with a progress spinner and nothing ever happened. So, I backed out and tried again. The second time, it said that the code was already redeemed.

But now I don't know where it is. It's not in my Movies Anywhere titles. iTunes seems to have been replaced with Apple Music which doesn't show anything movie related. Where should I be going to look for this digitally redeemed movie? More importantly, is it possible to get this movie I to Movies Anywhere?
Old 12-26-2021, 01:49 AM   #2

Nov 2014
A galaxy far, far away.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

No Time to Die is a MGM title and therefore is not Movies Anywhere eligible. Download the Apple TV app on your Roku and sign in with your apple ID. You should be able to access and watch it from there.
Thanks given by:
bhampton (12-26-2021), The_Donster (05-28-2022)
Old 12-26-2021, 01:56 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Round Rock, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmtech View Post
No Time to Die is a MGM title and therefore is not Movies Anywhere eligible. Download the Apple TV app on your Roku and sign in with your apple ID. You should be able to access and watch it from there.
Oh cool. I will install the app. Thank you.

Do you mind if I ask: What's the difference between buying a Roku and installing the Apple TV app and just buying and Apple TV device? Is it like and Amazon Stick? They all support various apps?
Old 12-26-2021, 05:14 AM   #4

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post

Do you mind if I ask: What's the difference between buying a Roku and installing the Apple TV app and just buying and Apple TV device? Is it like and Amazon Stick? They all support various apps?
I'm in the same boat as you -- I access my iTunes movies through the Roku app. Unless I'm mistaken, the major differences are that we don't gain access to the iTunes extras for each movie and we are unable to buy complete TV series through the app.
Old 12-26-2021, 06:16 AM   #5
Special Member

Dec 2007
Henderson, NV

Apple also limits the bitrate for non-Apple devices.
Thanks given by:
crackedknee (12-29-2021), lgans316 (05-08-2022)
Old 12-26-2021, 03:02 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Round Rock, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcclure16 View Post
Apple also limits the bitrate for non-Apple devices.
Yeah, it was macroblocky madness.
Old 12-26-2021, 03:37 PM   #7

Jun 2016
Wisconsin

Same here. It would be nice if MGM would be Disney MA eligible so I could get this in Vudu. That said, I did get an ATV4K for Christmas. I have a few other movies that have iTunes Extras that I can watch on my phone, but not in the ATV app on my Roku.
Old 12-26-2021, 05:01 PM   #8
Power Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Do you mind if I ask: What's the difference between buying a Roku and installing the Apple TV app and just buying and Apple TV device?

[First time using an Apple TV instead of any stick or tv-software]
Thanks given by:
bhampton (12-29-2021)
Old 12-29-2021, 07:56 AM   #9
Expert Member

Aug 2007
Some Where?
Default Damn you MGM!

I can't stand using ITunes. What a money trap hit you for the 4k blu ray then $20 more if you want the digital where most people want to watch it. VUDU! Damn you MGM!
Old 12-29-2021, 04:48 PM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2014

Quote:
So, I used my iPad to sign I to the Apple store and attempted to redeem the code. When I typed it in, it went to a blank window with a progress spinner and nothing ever happened. So, I backed out and tried again. The second time, it said that the code was already redeemed.
It should be noted that this happens all the time. The movie does get added to your account, but this occasional blank window/spin makes it seem like something went wrong. I've never had a case where the movie did not get added though when this happened. As noted above, it could be confusing for this release since it does not port via MA to other services (which is how I would normally otherwise check to make sure the movie had redeemed and ported, when this glitch display happens).
Old 12-29-2021, 04:57 PM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
I can't stand using ITunes. What a money trap hit you for the 4k blu ray then $20 more if you want the digital where most people want to watch it. VUDU! Damn you MGM!
MGM is not to blame (nor Paramount, Lionsgate, STX, etc). MA has a fee structure in place that is cost-prohibitive in an effort to reduce competition in their own system (MA). STX was actively denied admission. At first MA was interested in having Paramount, Lionsgate, and MGM join, it was more expensive than UV but they did not immediately join for various reasons. Big studios (especially Paramount) but not as big as the others. Now that MA wants to restrict participation, the participation fees are likely impossible for those smaller (yet still major) studios.

I don't like Apple, but they do provide a better quality stream than Vudu (unless things have changed recently, which might be possible; if anyone has the latest bitrate numbers). Yes it's annoying that up until now Vudu was the only way to redeem any of the Bond movies, ALL except for No Time to Die. Unfortunately Universal was part of the production financing, and so is distributing this home video version. But they are not the primary production company (that is still MGM), and every release by Universal that is not Universal-proper has always been iTunes redeem, because only Universal itself takes part in MA.

In fact, you may as well blame Universal for now brokering some sort of deal to make this MA, since they WERE part of the production team. Much like the previous Bond movies were UV, despite being MGM and MGM generally not participating in UV (but those movies were UV through a deal with distributing entity Fox).
Old 12-29-2021, 05:22 PM   #12
Expert Member

Dec 2016
Philadelphia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea2000 View Post
I'm in the same boat as you -- I access my iTunes movies through the Roku app. Unless I'm mistaken, the major differences are that we don't gain access to the iTunes extras for each movie and we are unable to buy complete TV series through the app.
Yeah, I bought Midsommar on AppleTV and can't even watch the extended version on Roku/Fire TV because it's considered an "extra feature." Definitely a crappy app and no way am I buying an overpriced Apple TV.
Old 12-29-2021, 05:27 PM   #13
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
This post may not be No Time to Die specific. It's probably an iOS / Apple specific.

First, let me say that I am not an Apple guy. I am a Google Android guy, a Roku guy for TV/Movies. I have a Movies Anywhere account, a Vudu account, YouTube, Google Play, etc.

And while I do have an Apple ID, and an iPad that was used for my retail store cash register, I do NOT have an Apple TV device. Also note that I have my Apple ID set to sync in Movies Anywhere.

So, I got No Time to Die on 4K Blu-ray for Christmas today. It really sucks that it doesn't have a Movies Anywhere or Vudu code. It's so stupid that it's Apple specific. But I digress.

But now I don't know where it is. It's not in my Movies Anywhere titles. iTunes seems to have been replaced with Apple Music which doesn't show anything movie related. Where should I be going to look for this digitally redeemed movie? More importantly, is it possible to get this movie I to Movies Anywhere?
Did you link MA to Itunes? If you link MA to Itunes it will show under MA
Old 12-29-2021, 05:28 PM   #14
Banned

Aug 2007
BJ's Wholesale Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by eselv73 View Post
Yeah, I bought Midsommar on AppleTV and can't even watch the extended version on Roku/Fire TV because it's considered an "extra feature." Definitely a crappy app and no way am I buying an overpriced Apple TV.
Maybe someone will give you one.

Last edited by bhampton; 12-29-2021 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-29-2021, 05:29 PM   #15
Banned

Aug 2007
BJ's Wholesale Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Did you link MA to Itunes? If you link MA to Itunes it will show under MA
NTTD is not a MA compatible title.
Old 03-09-2022, 02:08 AM   #16
Power Member

May 2020
L.A.

Okay, so I got a code for this movie, but when trying to redeem it I get this message: "On this version of MacOS, this video may play at a maximum resolution of 720p. To view this video in a higher resolution, please watch on another supported device."

I get an option to click on "buy" or "cancel" but when I click on "buy" nothing happens.
I googled to see if this was a common problem and I did find a couple of people who got this message, but Apple didn't provide a solution.

This is the first time I have ever encountered this problem.

Any advice from you guys?
Old 03-09-2022, 02:38 AM   #17
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by donutbat View Post
Okay, so I got a code for this movie, but when trying to redeem it I get this message: "On this version of MacOS, this video may play at a maximum resolution of 720p. To view this video in a higher resolution, please watch on another supported device."

I get an option to click on "buy" or "cancel" but when I click on "buy" nothing happens.
I googled to see if this was a common problem and I did find a couple of people who got this message, but Apple didn't provide a solution.

This is the first time I have ever encountered this problem.

Any advice from you guys?
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253489434

There are 2 films known to deliver that weird message on iTunes: No Time to Die, and Chaos Walking.

Oddly, when either film downloads (if you opt to download it), the file name says "(1080 HD)" but the file itself is a dumbed-down 720 version.

As you experienced, all other films download in real 1080 HD just fine.

I believe it is a security precaution, since on older versions of MacOS, it is simple to remove copy protection from purchased files. However if so, it is a stupid precaution since the film is hardly unavailable. It only punishes people who legitimately purchased it.
Thanks given by:
donutbat (03-09-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 08:44 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008

A third movie has been restricted to 720p on older Mac OSs.

The Matrix Resurrections. The file will say (1080p) but it will in fact be a 720p file.
Old 05-27-2022, 04:37 AM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008

The Suicide Squad. The 4K MoviesAnywhere code appears in iTunes as a measly 720p file when downloaded.
Old 05-31-2022, 02:41 PM   #20

Jun 2016
Wisconsin

Honestly you may be better off going with Apple over Vudu. Vudu has been sold a few times now. I am worried about the longevity of the platform vs Apple which I feel has more staying power. I've also noticed on a couple of my movies, the Apple stream looks better than the Vudu one.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes