Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Fly Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
12 hrs ago
The Poison Ivy Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
12 hrs ago
Species 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
12 hrs ago
Lifeforce 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
12 hrs ago
Escape from New York 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
12 hrs ago
Cat People 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
12 hrs ago
The Craft 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.99
12 hrs ago
Triangle of Sadness 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.54

Romeo and Juliet (Blu-ray)
$21.49
1 day ago
Halloween Ends (Blu-ray)
$17.99
10 hrs ago
Candyman 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
12 hrs ago
The Fisher King 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions

Old 07-11-2022, 04:25 PM   #1

Aug 2007
Calgary, AB Canada
Question August Underground Trilogy (think I got ripped off with bootleg)

Hey folks

Title: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Augus...lu-ray/170435/

I have been looking for this title for a while as it is oop. Found a copy on ebay for $150 but I am concerned it is a bootleg.

The title has not arrived yet but the seller is claiming it's a bdr, specifically he says it's a "German Horror Convention BDR" Alarm bells are ringing especially since the seller claims he does not and will not accept return.

Anyone who has seen one of these know if Toetag released them pressed or on bd-r?

Thanks
Old 07-11-2022, 05:08 PM   #2
Power Member

Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jee View Post
Hey folks

Title: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Augus...lu-ray/170435/

I have been looking for this title for a while as it is oop. Found a copy on ebay for $150 but I am concerned it is a bootleg.

The title has not arrived yet but the seller is claiming it's a bdr, specifically he says it's a "German Horror Convention BDR" Alarm bells are ringing especially since the seller claims he does not and will not accept return.

Anyone who has seen one of these know if Toetag released them pressed or on bd-r?

Thanks
I have the one that you provided a link for. It is definitely a pressed disc. What you are getting, I couldn't tell you. Also if the original listing didnt say anything about a bootleg, and the seller is admitting it's a bootleg, you could probably get your money back. You can easily tell the difference between a BDR and a pressed disc, looking at the bottom of the disc. If it hasn't shipped yet, try to get the seller to take a picture of the bottom of the disc. Mines in storage now or else I'd take some pics of mine for you to compare to yours.
Old 07-19-2022, 09:07 PM   #3

Aug 2007
Calgary, AB Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKiller View Post
I have the one that you provided a link for. It is definitely a pressed disc. What you are getting, I couldn't tell you. Also if the original listing didnt say anything about a bootleg, and the seller is admitting it's a bootleg, you could probably get your money back. You can easily tell the difference between a BDR and a pressed disc, looking at the bottom of the disc. If it hasn't shipped yet, try to get the seller to take a picture of the bottom of the disc. Mines in storage now or else I'd take some pics of mine for you to compare to yours.
Thank you so much for your response, you managed to save me from being out a significant dollar amount.

Seller has agreed to refund, it already shipped but he's willing to issue refund if I refuse the package when delivery is attempted.

Back to looking for a genuine copy for me , been trying to find one at a decent price for quute some time.

Thanks again!
Thanks given by:
CrowKiller (07-24-2022)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions