Best Prime Deals

Best Prime Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness UHD (Prime)
$9.99

Bullet Train (Prime)
$4.99

Nope UHD (Prime)
$9.99
1 day ago
Thor: Love and Thunder HD (Prime)
$9.99

Thor: Love and Thunder HD (Prime)
$9.99

Eternals HD (Prime)
$9.99

Black Widow (Prime)
$9.99
1 day ago
Captain America: The Winter Soldier UHD (Prime)
$9.99
1 day ago
Doctor Strange UHD (Prime)
$9.99
1 day ago
Iron Man HD (Prime)
$9.99
1 day ago
Thor HD (Prime)
$9.99
1 day ago
Thor: Ragnarok HD (Prime)
$9.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 02-06-2022, 04:58 PM   #21
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
There's really no point trying to explain how business works, so I'll just leave it there.
You got that right.
Old 02-06-2022, 05:35 PM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
And part of being a successful business, the company should give back to the people to show their appreciation (without expecting anything in return), instead of taking and receiving from the consumers, to earn more profit and money to go into their already deep pockets. Who side are you on: is it Amazon (who're already mulit-billionaires), or are you for the hard working low and middle class consumers, who're struggling and earning just enough money to survive for themselves and their families, or living from paycheck to paycheck? Everybody is not blessed to be multi-million and billionaires who can afford it. Maybe you've got deep pockets but, think about the underprivileged too.
Quote:
Amazon doesn't have to increase the price of their Prime membership at all because, they are already a multi-billion-dollar conglomerate, and that extra $20.00 from the subscribers is not going to make or break them. This price increase is nothing but another act of greed from Amazon's new CEO: Andy Jassy. When Jeff Bezo was still the CEO of Amazon, the Prime membership didn't increase. What everybody should is to cancel their memberships, just to show their disapproval of this new CEO of his greediness.
Quote:
Screw Amazon because, nobody is going to pay double in advance to keep the price at $119.00.
We get it, you don't like Amazon. They aren't a non-profit. Bezos was CEO in 2014 when prime went from $79 to $99 and we heard the same rants. Many of us are satisfied with what they provide. You will not change my views with all your posts trashing them.
Thanks given by:
BluBonnet (02-06-2022)
Old 02-06-2022, 05:50 PM   #23
Banned

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlinmeyer View Post
We get it, you don't like Amazon. They aren't a non-profit. Bezos was CEO in 2014 when prime went from $79 to $99 and we heard the same rants. Many of us are satisfied with what they provide. You will not change my views with all your posts trashing them.
I've never said I didn't like Amazon it's just their greediness of their new CEO to increase the price of their service. As far as I'm concern, you can pay five thousand dollars a year for Prime in you want. You're only making Amazon wealthier! If you got it like that, then more power to you.

Last edited by slimdude; 02-06-2022 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-06-2022, 05:56 PM   #24
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009

Quote:
I've never said I didn't like Amazon it's just their greediness of their new CEO to increase their service. As far as I'm concern, you can pay a five thousand dollars a year for Prime in you want. You're only making Amazon wealthier! If you got it like that, then more power to you.
Please tell me how Amazon is different from any other American corporation trying to maximize their profits at all costs.
Old 02-06-2022, 07:36 PM   #25
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009
Minnesota

Truth in advertising.

This is the first Amazon Prime increase under the new CEO. Jeff Bezos, who served as the CEO of Amazon since founding the company exactly 27 years on July 5th, 1994, officially stepped down from the role on July 25th, 2021.
Old 02-06-2022, 08:48 PM   #26
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2019
in a house, surrounded by cats and dogs

Considering how often my wife and I order products from Amazon, it's still a great deal. The free shipping and handling are the main reasons we subscribed to Amazon Prime. If we can find something worth watching on their streaming service (and we do quite often), it's gravy.
Old 02-06-2022, 08:55 PM   #27
Banned

Oct 2015
U.S.

Quote:
How can a person tell when the left and right channels are switched, if the audio is in stereo anyway? Left or right, right or left what's the difference?
Old 02-06-2022, 09:31 PM   #28
Banned

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoffman View Post
You are really weird! You've went through all the trouble to cut one post and paste it into another thread, that didn't have anything to do with the subject matter, and you had the audacity to roll your eyes? How strange!

Last edited by slimdude; 02-06-2022 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-06-2022, 09:50 PM   #29

Feb 2015

astounding the price differences between regions, here in Netherlands no price hike, and just 3 euro's/month.
Old 02-06-2022, 09:55 PM   #30
Blu-ray King

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by peschi View Post
astounding the price differences between regions, here in Netherlands no price hike, and just 3 euro's/month.
It only just launched in those parts in 2020, so give it time. Like many services that get introduced in countries, they start off with "introductory" prices before ramping up.
Thanks given by:
peschi (02-06-2022)
Old 02-06-2022, 10:12 PM   #31
Banned

Apr 2009
-
-
-

I've already canceled my membership because, I am not going to give Amazon $139.00 a year, and most of those features I don't even use. I've should've canceled a long time ago, and this price increase really made me drop them. Most of their items, you'll get free shipping anyway (without paying extra for Prime).

Last edited by slimdude; 02-26-2022 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-06-2022, 10:19 PM   #32
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2012
Bedford Falls

If Prime were just for the shipping perks, then I'd probably be in the red every year. Amazon in a way is kind of like the local boutique fitness places where they cost over $100 a month but may have a unique perk like a climbing wall that could cost a whole lot on its own at a place dedicated to only it. I'm actually kind of surprised how with the crumbling of brick and mortar retail I actually tend to buy even less from Amazon these days compared to around a decade or so ago.
Old 02-26-2022, 12:31 PM   #33
ElizabethAdina

Yeah! Amazon has just said they're going to raise the price of Prime by $2 more. One reason given is that the delivery time has been cut down. What a prank. Some of their two-day delivery has turned into a week or two on a lot of things. Lists more, better shows and movies that have been around for a while, as well as shows I've already been getting for free on other apps. Free streaming apps like Roku, IMDb, and Tubi let me watch a lot more good shows and new ones.
Old 02-26-2022, 02:23 PM   #34
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2008
-

Higher profits leads to higher wages for the executives. That costs is rolled to the customer.
Old 07-26-2022, 01:23 PM   #35
Special Member

Nov 2007
-
-
-

Going up by a quid here in the UK in September to 8.99 per month. Not sure whether to cancel or not.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Amazon Prime Video