Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Old (iTunes)
$4.99

Thor 4-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$34.99

Bullet Train (iTunes)
$4.99

Doctor Strange 2-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$14.99

Captain America Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99

Iron Man Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99

Where the Crawdads Sing (iTunes)
$4.99

Unbreakable (iTunes)
$4.99

Fight Club (iTunes)
$4.99

Glass / Split 2-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$9.98

Stanley Kubrick: 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$34.99

Kubrick: 3-Film Collection (iTunes)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 07-25-2022, 09:52 PM   #1

Sep 2017
Default Saved By The Bell

About two years ago I purchased the Saved By The Bell Complete series and started watching not long ago and now I'm up to mid season 3 and the quality control is a mess. The episodes are all out of order, with some here and some there with story lines not matching up at all. I don't know how this passed quality control, this isn't really an Apple issue as Shout Factory put out the same set on DVD a few years ago so it's more of a Shout issue I'd assume but crazy how they released it like that.
Old 07-26-2022, 10:19 PM   #2

Jan 2016
Atlantic Canada

The air order was out of order. The iTunes order is a DIFFERENT out of order and the DVD order was a DIFFERENT out of order again lol. Also on DVD and iTunes they have it broken up into 5 seasons but there's really only 4. Here's what I believe to be the right order as far as I can tell.

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls026307476/
Old 07-27-2022, 02:39 PM   #3

Nov 2012
Philadelphia, PA

Yeah, the whole behind the scenes story of why the gang's senior year is all over the place and narratively doesn't make any sense is kinda hysterical.
Old 07-27-2022, 03:57 PM   #4
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear6061 View Post
Yeah, the whole behind the scenes story of why the gang's senior year is all over the place and narratively doesn't make any sense is kinda hysterical.
What is it?
Old 07-27-2022, 05:12 PM   #5
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Well Tiffany and Elizabeth wanted to leave. They only agreed to film a certain number of episodes. So they brought in the girl to play Tori to film more episodes for season 5 for Syndication reasons.
Old 07-27-2022, 05:53 PM   #6

Nov 2012
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
What is it?
So, they shot the last season (their senior year) with all the original characters, including Kelly and Jessie, which ended with them graduating in the last episode. Then they made that Hawaiian movie that was about.. something. (It was supposed to be about their post-graduation vacation, I think, but all I remember is Zack hitting on Jessie’s stepmom— whatev, Zack Morris is Trash.) And then they thought they were done with the show..

...BUUUUT, the show was continuing to be really successful (was it?), and so instead of letting it end normally, NBC ordered more episodes. Tiffani-Amber Thiessen and Elizabeth Berkley had peaced out, though, and didn’t wanna do anymore (‘cause, you know, Thiessen wanted to go be a tramp on “90210” and Berkley, well.. y’know.. “Showgirls” and stuff), so the producers created the character of Tori to be a mixture of Kelly and Jessie. (But she wasn’t, though. She was so much more badass.) And then they ran the Tori episodes in that last season, all willy-nilly, between the original second-to-last episode and the series finale (the graduation episode). So all of a sudden, Tori’s vanished, and Kelly and Jessie are back from f*ck knows where to graduate, like nothing has happened, and that this is just the Matrix or something, and with no explanation from NBC as to where the hell 66% of the female cast had went, and the show making zero f*cking sense.
Thanks given by:
critterdvd (07-27-2022)
Old 07-27-2022, 05:58 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Southern California

I will admit that reading the last few posts is making me want to go back and watch the show even more now...
Old 07-27-2022, 06:28 PM   #8

Nov 2012
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by critterdvd View Post
I will admit that reading the last few posts is making me want to go back and watch the show even more now...
It doesn't hold up as well as one wishes it did, in my opinion. And the more you binge it, the more evident that becomes. Like, considering they're high schoolers (minus the first season), it's kinda astounding how ridiculous it all was. I know it was never trying to be a documentary of the modern teen, obviously, but Jeeeeeeeeeesus, some of the crap that happens... wow. And also, the more you binge it, the more you realize that in all actuality, Zack Morris is a despicable human being, haha. Thank God Mark-Paul Gosselaar was as hot and charismatic as he was back then, otherwise he'd be one of the worst protagonists ever.

(By the way, I didn't come here to take a huge dump on the show, I swear, haha. This is all coming from a huge lifetime fan.)
Old 07-28-2022, 04:02 AM   #9

Sep 2017

I still find it nostalgic even now, but this aired during my peak childhood years 8-12 all my friends would watch this and Degrassi Junior/High and Beverly Hills 90210(I wasn't as into) and all had to discuss it the next day. I think the Hawaii movie aired during primetime if I recall and I even watched the college years which I didn't mind but I haven't seen it since it aired so when I get to that point who knows how well it will hold up to me. I'm currently on what is listed as S3 Ep 4 The Last Dance and scrolling ahead in the ep list it's showing the summer beach club episodes as airing at the same time somehow so I'll have to check and see on that IMDB list where it all fits. I like to watch things in continuity order wise.
Old 07-28-2022, 04:32 AM   #10
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
So, they shot the last season (their senior year) with all the original characters, including Kelly and Jessie, which ended with them graduating in the last episode. Then they made that Hawaiian movie that was about.. something. (It was supposed to be about their post-graduation vacation, I think, but all I remember is Zack hitting on Jessie’s stepmom— whatev, Zack Morris is Trash.) And then they thought they were done with the show..

...BUUUUT, the show was continuing to be really successful (was it?), and so instead of letting it end normally, NBC ordered more episodes. Tiffani-Amber Thiessen and Elizabeth Berkley had peaced out, though, and didn’t wanna do anymore (‘cause, you know, Thiessen wanted to go be a tramp on “90210” and Berkley, well.. y’know.. “Showgirls” and stuff), so the producers created the character of Tori to be a mixture of Kelly and Jessie. (But she wasn’t, though. She was so much more badass.) And then they ran the Tori episodes in that last season, all willy-nilly, between the original second-to-last episode and the series finale (the graduation episode). So all of a sudden, Tori’s vanished, and Kelly and Jessie are back from f*ck knows where to graduate, like nothing has happened, and that this is just the Matrix or something, and with no explanation from NBC as to where the hell 66% of the female cast had went, and the show making zero f*cking sense.
That is pretty hilarious. Why didn't they just set it after graduation? And then after the vacation? Summer is several months long.
Old 07-28-2022, 09:11 AM   #11

Nov 2012
Philadelphia, PA

At the time, they still just considered it to be children's programming. Coherency 'twas not their top priority.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes