Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Black Adam (iTunes)
$12.99

Buddy Comedy Pack (iTunes)
$19.99

Waterworld (iTunes)
$4.99

Double Indemnity (iTunes)
$4.99

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (iTunes)
$4.99

Must-Watch Comedy 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Must-Watch Classics 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Must-Watch Sci-Fi 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Must-Watch Movies Of Our Time 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

The Finest Hours (iTunes)
$4.99

Patriot Games (iTunes)
$4.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

View Poll Results: Are you interested in forming/joining a Family Group?
US 43 95.56%
Australia 4 8.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2020, 12:42 PM   #101
Power Member

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniormint View Post
I'm a total newbie to the apple TV and digital purchases for movies scene but I recently got an ATV4K (loving it) and I've been buying some movies. I've noticed a few titles that are either only available in the U.S or they have the 4K version so is family sharing some way of me having the best of both worlds? If at some point I was able to join one based in the US would I have access to 2 different library's? or would I need to create a separate apple ID and jump between them?

Hope this makes sense
Family Sharing doesn’t allow accounts from different countries to be linked so your best bet is to just create a new Apple ID for the country you require, in your case a US one.
Once setup you can have multiple AppleIDs logged in so then just a case of switching between the accounts via the profile selection.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:40 PM   #102

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniormint View Post
I'm a total newbie to the apple TV and digital purchases for movies scene but I recently got an ATV4K (loving it) and I've been buying some movies. I've noticed a few titles that are either only available in the U.S or they have the 4K version so is family sharing some way of me having the best of both worlds? If at some point I was able to join one based in the US would I have access to 2 different library's? or would I need to create a separate apple ID and jump between them?

Hope this makes sense
You would have access to each members library and them yours. If someone has a movie in 4K but you only have it in HD, you can go into their movies and watch it from there.

Edit: As long as you’re all in the same country iTunes account.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:18 PM   #103

Jun 2013
Glasgow

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gonzo- View Post
Family Sharing doesnít allow accounts from different countries to be linked so your best bet is to just create a new Apple ID for the country you require, in your case a US one.
Once setup you can have multiple AppleIDs logged in so then just a case of switching between the accounts via the profile selection.
Awesome! thanks so much
Thanks given by:
-Gonzo- (07-30-2020)
Old 07-30-2020, 04:28 PM   #104
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2007
BJ's Wholesale Club

I have over a thousand movies in my iTunes but I have a family of 5 and so I canít really do this. I family share with my actual family
Old 08-05-2020, 04:40 PM   #105
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
-
-
-

I have a problem with Family Sharing and I've contacted Apple support a few times but they are either not understanding or I am not explaining very well. So I figured ask you folks instead.

I set up a Family Share and added three other members. And now I am paying for the iCloud subscription and occasional apps for one of those three.

Apple support says to turn off Purchase Sharing but doesn't that mean that the three won't be able to watch my movies?

I want to allow access to my purchases but the others to be able to pay for their own subscriptions and apps. The apps and iCloud sub the I'm being charged isn't coming up on my purchase history anyway.

Is there something in the settings that I am overlooking? Or something in the others iPhone settings?
Old 08-05-2020, 04:52 PM   #106
Power Member

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfTheForest View Post
I have a problem with Family Sharing and I've contacted Apple support a few times but they are either not understanding or I am not explaining very well. So I figured ask you folks instead.

I set up a Family Share and added three other members. And now I am paying for the iCloud subscription and occasional apps for one of those three.

Apple support says to turn off Purchase Sharing but doesn't that mean that the three won't be able to watch my movies?

I want to allow access to my purchases but the others to be able to pay for their own subscriptions and apps. The apps and iCloud sub the I'm being charged isn't coming up on my purchase history anyway.

Is there something in the settings that I am overlooking? Or something in the others iPhone settings?
That’s the way it works, you as the family organiser agrees to pay for all other family members in the group.
However if the other family members have iTunes credit in their accounts then funds will be taken from that before it takes the funds from the family organiser.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201079
Thanks given by:
ManOfTheForest (08-06-2020)
Old 08-05-2020, 05:57 PM   #107
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gonzo- View Post
Thatís the way it works, you as the family organiser agrees to pay for all other family members in the group.
However if the other family members have iTunes credit in their accounts then funds will be taken from that before it takes the funds from the family organiser.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201079
So Apple didn't really intend for people outside of a family home to use it?

So do all the people in this thread use gift card and funds in their AppleID to buy movies so another is not charged?
Old 08-06-2020, 02:03 AM   #108
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Sahuarita, AZ

Quote:
So Apple didn't really intend for people outside of a family home to use it?

So do all the people in this thread use gift card and funds in their AppleID to buy movies so another is not charged?
Correct - in each of the family groups I belong to (there are 5) the organizer uses a prepaid card of some sort with a limited balance to prevent accidental purchases and then each member keeps a balance on their account with iTunes gift cards that is used to make member specific purchases. We even share the cost of Apple Music on one account.
Thanks given by:
ManOfTheForest (08-06-2020)
Old 08-25-2020, 10:45 AM   #109
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
-
-
-

There really needs to be more freedom in Family Share for deciding what features we want to share.

You guys probably have already done this yourself but I've filled out a feedback forum at Apple requesting new options like separating Purchase Sharing of iTunes Movies, App Store, Books etc,

They let us decide if we want to share Apple Music, Arcade, etc. so I don't understand when they bundled movies and apps together
Old 08-25-2020, 06:48 PM   #110

Apr 2014

If you share your purchases with someone else don’t you end sharing your billing information with them?
Old 09-15-2020, 04:59 AM   #111
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012
Bama

Looking for a group to join. I have over 4,000 movies. Not many 4k but there are some on there. Thanks

EDIT: I have 4,386 movies on Itunes Most are HD I do have some newer that are 4k and pretty much anything I add from here on will be 4k if they offer it. Looking to join up with at least 1 other Adult. Obviously, I would hope you have a big library as well. Doesn't have to be 4,000 but I wouldn't want to join a group or someone who only has a Hundred movies to offer lol. Im sure we would have alot of the same movies but you never know. If anyone is interested hit me up and we can discuss it. I still don't know everything there is to know about it. I will switch my credit card to a prepaid to elimate any kind of problems. Not that I don't trust you or whoever. Its just the smart play. Ok thanks!

Last edited by TAC; 09-15-2020 at 09:24 PM.
Thanks given by:
AZBrowncoat (09-16-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 06:00 AM   #112
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Sahuarita, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsden985 View Post
If you share your purchases with someone else donít you end sharing your billing information with them?
Yes and No - any purchases made with insufficient gift card balance will get charged to the organizers card.

Best practices are - each member maintains a positive gift card balance on their itunes account + the payment card is a prepaid or other type of card with a low available balance.

...problem solved
Old 08-12-2022, 11:18 PM   #113

Dec 2013
Canberra, Australia

Almost 8 years now.
Apple One bundles to boot.
Old 08-12-2022, 11:23 PM   #114

Dec 2013
Canberra, Australia

Quote:
There really needs to be more freedom in Family Share for deciding what features we want to share.

You guys probably have already done this yourself but I've filled out a feedback forum at Apple requesting new options like separating Purchase Sharing of iTunes Movies, App Store, Books etc,

They let us decide if we want to share Apple Music, Arcade, etc. so I don't understand when they bundled movies and apps together
Came to pass.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes