Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Waterworld (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Black Adam (iTunes)
$12.99
1 day ago
Buddy Comedy Pack (iTunes)
$19.99

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Double Indemnity (iTunes)
$4.99

Must-Watch Comedy 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

The Finest Hours (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Patriot Games (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Must-Watch Sci-Fi 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Clear and Present Danger (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Forgetting Sarah Marshall (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 11-12-2022, 09:13 PM   #601

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gonzo- View Post
How long have you had that ATV4K?
If I didnít know any better it sounds more like youíre really wanting to buy the new model so are now just looking for problems youíve never noticed before to justify that purchase.
If thatís the case stop looking for reasons and just buy one, Iím sure youíll be more than happy with the newer one for the remote and snappier UI alone.
Yeah, sorta. I want a new toy. But I want something that will be a notable improvement. I'm not convinced it'll be a big enough bump in quality to be a fun new toy. When I upgraded the tv to OLED, it was a big improvement over my old 4K set, so it was fun. That's what I'm looking for.
Old 11-13-2022, 06:11 PM   #602

Feb 2010
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Rouch View Post
Yeah, sorta. I want a new toy. But I want something that will be a notable improvement. I'm not convinced it'll be a big enough bump in quality to be a fun new toy. When I upgraded the tv to OLED, it was a big improvement over my old 4K set, so it was fun. That's what I'm looking for.
The new one is a great device. Best streamer on the market IMO. It's way faster than the 2017 one, it's got the new remote, it's smaller & lighter, it's got HDR-10+ support, it fixed the raised black level issue of the 2017 ATV, and it will eventually have QMS VRR support.

... but that's about it. It's a streaming box. Not really much you can do beyond that for improvements. You're going to plug it in, sync your account to it, log into all of your apps, and that's about it.

So if you're looking to buy it because you want something new to tinker with, I don't know that this is it. After you get it all set up it's still another Apple TV.
Thanks given by:
Jayderek (11-15-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 05:34 PM   #603
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
Thanks. I did not realize that Matter required Thread. MIGHT be too early after release to do this, but IF Apple offers a gift card with purchase of ATV like they did last year (Black Friday, maybe?), I might go ahead and pick it up.
No gift card this time around, apparently.
Old 11-18-2022, 11:48 PM   #604

Feb 2010
United States

Movies Anywhere app has been updated and now plays 4k/DV/DA on the new Apple TV.

Last edited by cleeve; 11-19-2022 at 01:00 AM.
Old 11-19-2022, 12:20 AM   #605
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2008
The Swan Station aDdIcTeD 2 LOST PSN:U5MC51473
Send a message via AIM to sfmarine Send a message via MSN to sfmarine Send a message via Skype™ to sfmarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ij72 View Post
Yes, it's the new 2022 128GB model w/ Ethernet.

Got off the phone w/ Apple. After getting bounced around to a few departments (although everyone was polite), I finally got a replacement lined up.

One of the earlier support people said the system was only showing him an option to send it in for repair - no replacement option - but when I quite politely mentioned I wasn't keen on sending a four-day old item for repair for however long, he got me transferred to someone who straightened things out. New replacement unit should be here in 2-3 days.
Crazy that they wanted to send your like new unit in for repair. That is totally ridiculous and unacceptable, given it's only a few days old. I had an issue with a new iPad a few years back and they gave me a new one as it was still under warranty. Glad you're getting a new TV sent out though.
Old 11-19-2022, 04:11 PM   #606

Aug 2014
WI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmarine View Post
Crazy that they wanted to send your like new unit in for repair. That is totally ridiculous and unacceptable, given it's only a few days old.
Yeah, I wasn't too happy with that proposal, but in the end, I had a new box within two days - and so far, no problems with it.
Thanks given by:
sfmarine (11-20-2022)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes