Best Prime Deals

Best Prime Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Highlander UHD (Prime)
$5.99
12 hrs ago
Jurassic Park UHD (Prime)
$4.99
1 day ago
Jurassic Park HD (Prime)
$4.99
1 day ago
Black Adam HD (Prime)
$12.99

Double Indemnity HD (Prime)
$4.99

8 Mile HD (Prime)
$4.99
15 hrs ago
Double Indemnity (Prime)
$4.99

Waterworld UHD (Prime)
$4.99
1 day ago
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou HD (Prime)
$4.99

Waterworld HD (Prime)
$4.99
1 day ago
Big Trouble In Little China HD (Prime)
$4.99

Big Trouble In Little China (Prime)
$4.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Amazon Prime Video

Old 05-20-2022, 12:30 AM   #21
Banned

Jul 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
Recently bought a 4K TV, and after catching up on some things I decided to finally sink my teeth into some 4K content so I was going to start some shows on Prime that I hadn't gotten around to yet. So I start watching Wheel of Time. It says it's in UHD and has HDR but I start it, and the info screen with the progress bar only says it's in HD and the HDR box that pops up on the top right of my screen when HDR content starts never showed. So I check a few other things (Upload season 1 episode 1, A Very British Scandal, Reacher episode 1) and they all say the same. This is weird because it's a FOUR K TELEVISION.

I had a Roku Express 4K previously, though my TV wasn't 4K I was future proofing, so I plug it up and make sure to let it check my display and it confirms it's 4K HDR which yeah, obviously... start Prime and Wheel of Time and Reacher still says it's HD. I check the movie I Want You Back and it shows UHD and HDR, same for episode 201 of Upload and a later episode of Reacher and A Very British Scandal. It's very weird because the built in app on the actual TV won't stream 4K and only some stuff is streaming 4K on Roku.

So, is Amazon known for having problems with UHD/HDR content actually not streaming in that quality?
I have no issues with UHD/HDR content. I use a 4K Apple TV to stream. I checked the same shows you mentioned and all performed well.
Old 05-20-2022, 01:26 AM   #22
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTaylor7 View Post
I have no issues with UHD/HDR content. I use a 4K Apple TV to stream. I checked the same shows you mentioned and all performed well.
There was something going on a few weeks ago, shows were streaming in HD and not UDH and HDR wasn't working for some things but was for others. I ended up finding an Amazon forum and people had already been reporting it, they fixed it about 4 days later.
Thanks given by:
JakeTaylor7 (05-20-2022)
Old 05-20-2022, 01:41 AM   #23
Banned

Jul 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
There was something going on a few weeks ago, shows were streaming in HD and not UDH and HDR wasn't working for some things but was for others. I ended up finding an Amazon forum and people had already been reporting it, they fixed it about 4 days later.
Ah cool. Glad you got it fixed.
Old 07-13-2022, 05:36 PM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013
Boynton Beach, FL USA

You guys got any idea why their UHD releases don't have Atmos tracks? It's all 5.1. I'm also convinced some of their "UHD" releases are just 1080p upscaled. I see Blue Chips now has a UHD tag on it, which I'm sure isn't a true 4K transfer. I wished their movies would be better labeled too. Before some movies were marked as having 5.1 surround sound when they didn't, find that annoying too. They should also be labeled 4K UHD, 5.1 (ideally Atmos), 1080p HD, etc. Stuff that's annoyed me about the app recently heh.
Old 11-04-2022, 01:36 PM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2009
Columbia, MO

Whenever I watch stuff on Prime and I need to rewind or fast forward or "skip intro" it takes forever for it to play again. I see that circle going around and around until it kicks back in to the video. It's so annoying. No other place I use does that.

Does anyone else have that problem?
Old 11-12-2022, 08:42 AM   #26

Dec 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikraq View Post
Whenever I watch stuff on Prime and I need to rewind or fast forward or "skip intro" it takes forever for it to play again. I see that circle going around and around until it kicks back in to the video. It's so annoying. No other place I use does that.

Does anyone else have that problem?
Yes.

Even though they "rebuilt" their app a couple of months ago, it is far better ---- but it is still awful and moving back and forth.

You usually have to HOLD the button to go backwards or forwards, and the time to start playing again is SO LONG.

I have tried on many devices and other internet connections, it is platform agnostic. Amazon PRime problem.
Thanks given by:
rikraq (11-16-2022)
Old 11-19-2022, 05:43 PM   #27
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2019

All your complaints are features, not problems.
Old 01-05-2023, 02:52 PM   #28

Dec 2022

Def need some better selections
Thanks given by:
rikraq (01-12-2023)
Old 01-12-2023, 04:11 PM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2009
Columbia, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekendcollector View Post
Def need some better selections
I rarely watch it now apart from a couple of original series.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Amazon Prime Video