Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.65
 
Shawscope Volume Two (Blu-ray)
£96.46
 
House of the Dragon 4K (Blu-ray)
£40.00
 
The Street Fighter Trilogy (Blu-ray)
£24.99
 
Naked Lunch 4K (Blu-ray)
£29.99
 
The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection: Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
£47.94
 
House of the Dragon (Blu-ray)
£25.00
 
Lovers Lane (Blu-ray)
£17.99
 
Two Orphan Vampires (Blu-ray)
£16.99
 
Singin' in the Rain 4K (Blu-ray)
£13.99
 
Naked Lunch (Blu-ray)
£24.99
 
Fall (Blu-ray)
£10.00
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 10-24-2022, 06:44 PM   #2901
Kasim2409 Kasim2409 is online now
Senior Member
 
Apr 2020
UK
10
Default

Looks like The Complete Series (1-11) Boxset on Blu-ray has come back in stock at a few places like Amazon & a couple of eBay sellers like MusicMagpie (New copies) Rarewaves & Chalkys
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 07:20 PM   #2902
drush9999 drush9999 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
drush9999's Avatar
 
Nov 2016
Sutton Coldfield, England
90
3971
521
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasim2409 View Post
Looks like The Complete Series (1-11) Boxset on Blu-ray has come back in stock at a few places like Amazon & a couple of eBay sellers like MusicMagpie (New copies) Rarewaves & Chalkys
Bet there was warehouse full of Fox related stuff sold on recently by a certain Mouse
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 04:45 PM   #2903
DavidRoylance DavidRoylance is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2013
Default

Now that I have the complete set on blu and have checked out the amazing quality of the majority of episodes it makes me super angry that the Mouse House have buried all their Fox assetts within streaming.

Both Millennium and The Lone Gunmen should be on blu too. Millennium will look especially good in HD as it was as beautifully shot, if not more so, in a neo-noir style.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Marv Inc. (11-27-2022), profondomondo (01-16-2023)
Old 11-26-2022, 04:46 PM   #2904
DavidRoylance DavidRoylance is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2013
Default

I have the set in the dvd size box where the stacking of discs is an abomination. If anyone knows how I might get my hands on blu-ray size boxes and copies of the original cover inserts, I'd interested in knowing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 04:55 PM   #2905
FreddyK FreddyK is offline
Expert Member
 
Jan 2015
277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRoylance View Post
Now that I have the complete set on blu and have checked out the amazing quality of the majority of episodes it makes me super angry that the Mouse House have buried all their Fox assetts within streaming.

Both Millennium and The Lone Gunmen should be on blu too. Millennium will look especially good in HD as it was as beautifully shot, if not more so, in a neo-noir style.
I don't know if has changed, but Fox stopped putting TV stuff on blu ray. It annoyed me with Bones as they went from DVD to Blu Ray to DVD. I just want the whole series on Blu. I too would have liked Millennium on Blu.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (11-28-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 02:08 PM   #2906
DavidRoylance DavidRoylance is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2013
Default Disney

Yes, Fox lost interest and that has resulted in the biggest gaping unfinished collection of all, for me, Homeland 1 - 7 on blu, nothing for 8 except Netflix.

Now it is all held behind the Iron Curtain of Disney, who have no interest in the archive they have bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyK View Post
I don't know if has changed, but Fox stopped putting TV stuff on blu ray. It annoyed me with Bones as they went from DVD to Blu Ray to DVD. I just want the whole series on Blu. I too would have liked Millennium on Blu.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 04:54 PM   #2907
Marv Inc. Marv Inc. is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Marv Inc.'s Avatar
 
Sep 2012
The British Empire
5
Default

One can hope that Disney hit financial trouble in the next 5 years and sell off 20th Century or finally decide to start licensing out.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
DavidRoylance (11-27-2022), indisposed (12-03-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 06:43 PM   #2908
DaveSimonH DaveSimonH is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
DaveSimonH's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
Scotland, UK
150
1
1797
941
111
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv Inc. View Post
One can hope that Disney hit financial trouble in the next 5 years and sell off 20th Century or finally decide to start licensing out.
I read that they've had to pump a lot of cash into the Disney+ project, an "operating loss of nearly $1.5 billion", so maybe they'll realise there 'all eggs in one basket' approach could be tweaked. If for nothing else, to appease their shareholders...

The disc market has shrunk, but I'm sure the people still buying discs would be happy to see Fox TV on BD, or titles licenced out, and/or some of the catalogue live action content, currently stuck in 'Disney Movie Club' limbo, sold worldwide. I'd certainly like to see UK (or EU) releases of 'Cool Runnings', 'The Parent Trap', 'The Love Bug', 'Honey I Shrunk the Kids' etc.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
chip75 (12-01-2022), Marv Inc. (12-01-2022), Thronar (12-02-2022)
Old 01-16-2023, 02:06 AM   #2909
MovieBuffDev97 MovieBuffDev97 is offline
Junior Member
 
Aug 2021
13
613
2
Default

To those whoíve purchased this UK set and watched it all of the way through, did you encounter any faulty discs? Iím only asking because I was looking into buying it myself but with Amazonís 30 day warranty Iíd never have the time to get through the whole collection before it ran up and I donít want to waist $150 USD if thereís issues with certain discs. There were problems with the previous US releases so I just want to make sure.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 09:25 AM   #2910
Blu Lemmy Blu Lemmy is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Blu Lemmy's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
On my sofa
19
718
108
8
2
Default

Season 8 on the original run had a terrible dark crush issue, I assume it was fixed for later releases as they did provide corrected discs
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
MovieBuffDev97 (01-20-2023)
Old 01-16-2023, 10:30 AM   #2911
drush9999 drush9999 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
drush9999's Avatar
 
Nov 2016
Sutton Coldfield, England
90
3971
521
1
Default

The Complete Seasons 1-11 set had the corrected season 8 discs for sure.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Blu Lemmy (01-16-2023)
Old 01-16-2023, 03:13 PM   #2912
leafan leafan is offline
Member
 
leafan's Avatar
 
Jul 2020
England
Default

I'd be interested to know this too because I was considering the purchase but was gong to buy the seasons 1-9 set and get the others separately.

Does anyone know if there are issues with the discs in the UK 1-9 set on Blu Ray?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 03:33 PM   #2913
Blu Lemmy Blu Lemmy is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Blu Lemmy's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
On my sofa
19
718
108
8
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafan View Post
I'd be interested to know this too because I was considering the purchase but was gong to buy the seasons 1-9 set and get the others separately.

Does anyone know if there are issues with the discs in the UK 1-9 set on Blu Ray?
This is the 1-9 set I know had issues with season 8.



I want to believe the later releases are fixed
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:01 PM.