Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Naked Lunch 4K (Blu-ray)
£29.99
6 hrs ago
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.65

Naked Lunch (Blu-ray)
£24.99
1 day ago
House of the Dragon 4K (Blu-ray)
£40.00

Lovers Lane (Blu-ray)
£17.99
1 day ago
House of the Dragon (Blu-ray)
£25.00

Maniac (Blu-ray)
£15.00
15 hrs ago
The Hunger Games: Ultimate Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£68.54
1 day ago
The Matrix Resurrections 4K (Blu-ray)
£12.14
1 day ago
Vigilante (Blu-ray)
£15.00
14 hrs ago
Beast (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Fall (Blu-ray)
£10.00
15 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 11-18-2022, 12:14 PM   #221

Jul 2012
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
Has anyone the ability to test if Mad Monkey Kung Fu plays uncut when the player is set to Region A?
I believe it works from what I heard from others.
Thanks given by:
The Mole (11-18-2022)
Old 11-18-2022, 01:11 PM   #222
Special Member

May 2014

That would be great news.
Old 11-19-2022, 02:06 AM   #223
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
-

Quote:
Has anyone the ability to test if Mad Monkey Kung Fu plays uncut when the player is set to Region A?
Was there a particular scene you were interested in? Or time frame about where to look and I can check for you.
Old 11-19-2022, 02:06 PM   #224
Special Member

May 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason108 View Post
Was there a particular scene you were interested in? Or time frame about where to look and I can check for you.
There is one scene containing animal cruelty that was cut by the BBFC. As I have not yet seen the movie I regrettably don't know the timecode or the exact content.
Old 11-19-2022, 02:09 PM   #225

Feb 2020

Quote:
It does, I've personally tested it myself and Region A plays uncut while Region B skips over a bit of the
[Show spoiler]Monkey death.

Last edited by Labor_Unit001; 11-19-2022 at 02:19 PM.
Old 11-19-2022, 02:10 PM   #226
Power Member

May 2015

It's the scene
[Show spoiler]where a guy a the monkey around and smashes it against a tree.
It's been confirmed that the U.K disc will show the scene if you switch it to Region A.
Old 11-19-2022, 03:28 PM   #227
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2013
-
-
-

Speaking of animal cruelty, between the croccodile evisceration in BOXER'S OMEN and the snake skinning in MARTIAL ARTS OF SHAOLIN, I don't reccomend watching these whilst eating your tea!
Old 11-20-2022, 03:10 PM   #228

Mar 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Meteor View Post
Speaking of animal cruelty, between the croccodile evisceration in BOXER'S OMEN and the snake skinning in MARTIAL ARTS OF SHAOLIN, I don't reccomend watching these whilst eating your tea!
I was amazed that this is rated 15.
Old 11-21-2022, 12:12 PM   #229
Special Member

May 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labor_Unit001 View Post
It does, I've personally tested it myself and Region A plays uncut while Region B skips over a bit of the
[Show spoiler]Monkey death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoloswegmaster420 View Post
It's the scene
[Show spoiler]where a guy a the monkey around and smashes it against a tree.
It's been confirmed that the U.K disc will show the scene if you switch it to Region A.
Thank you guys for testing and confirming this.
Old 11-24-2022, 12:04 PM   #230
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013
St. Albans, UK

Is it possible to buy Blu Ray disc holders (like the platters the discs sit on with the spindle in the middle) so if I get one of these sets, the discs would be held in place properly?
Old 11-27-2022, 07:28 AM   #231
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2018

To those who have this set, do any of the 35mm sourced alternate/English openings have World Northal or other distributors logos on them? I know Volume 1 had a World Northal logo on the Golithon US theatrical opening (which was a noice treat BTW), and a Saul Bass WB logo on the Five Fingers of Death opening.
Old 11-27-2022, 09:04 AM   #232

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim_tales View Post
Is it possible to buy Blu Ray disc holders (like the platters the discs sit on with the spindle in the middle) so if I get one of these sets, the discs would be held in place properly?
Yes. I've thought about this but if I was buying the Shawscope sets I'd need replacement cases to hold every disc, which means I'd be losing shelf space to store both the replacement cases and the original box.

I've done this too many times already now so unless Arrow deem to release these sets in cases that store the discs with nothing touching the playing surface, I refuse to buy them. My hatred for this kind of packaging is only exceeded by my hatred for packaging that stacks discs on top of each other.
Old 11-27-2022, 05:33 PM   #233

Jun 2020

Amazon have shipped mine via Evri and it's gone exactly as badly as you'd expect given that's a renamed Hermes. Be warned!
Old 11-27-2022, 05:43 PM   #234
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013
St. Albans, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
Yes. I've thought about this but if I was buying the Shawscope sets I'd need replacement cases to hold every disc, which means I'd be losing shelf space to store both the replacement cases and the original box.

I've done this too many times already now so unless Arrow deem to release these sets in cases that store the discs with nothing touching the playing surface, I refuse to buy them. My hatred for this kind of packaging is only exceeded by my hatred for packaging that stacks discs on top of each other.
My thinking is I'd just get a 10 disc Blu Ray case rather than 10 seperate cases.
I know it's a collector's item but I'd prefer simpler packaging with maybe a softback book, or something like that.
Thanks given by:
the13thman (11-27-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 06:13 PM   #235

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
My thinking is I'd just get a 10 disc Blu Ray case rather than 10 seperate cases.
I know it's a collector's item but I'd prefer simpler packaging with maybe a softback book, or something like that.
Yeah, I've filled five 10 disc cases already with discs from box sets that don't store discs safely, they are a good option. I also have some spare tubs from DVD box sets bought cheap.

Needless to say, I'm not the kind of collector that prioritises the appearance of a box set over its function. There is a place for fancy oversized box sets, but it's not on my shelves. If Arrow want my money, they need to put these sets out in standard editions.
Old 11-28-2022, 02:59 AM   #236
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2013
Syracuse, NY

The boxes are so thin you can fit two more behind the original box on the shelf so not worried about it. Buying cases doesnt always work because with cases that hold four or more the discs often come off the spindles so loose discs anyway. There are flaws no matter what you do. If someone really wants the set, just get it. First world problems.
Thanks given by:
nadafinga (11-28-2022), russweiss1 (11-28-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 09:10 PM   #237
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013
St. Albans, UK

Hey,
What's the cheapest/most secure place to get this so it won't arrive damaged? Thank you!
Old 12-10-2022, 06:42 AM   #238

Oct 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
If Arrow want my money, they need to put these sets out in standard editions.
That`s bit silly attitude to ignore something because of shape of box. I do not like physical size of these Scopes either but got them both rather than wait standard editions which maybe never appear.

Having watched from Scope#2 only 36th Chamber so far, transfer is quite brilliant. Very very little issue but bit weird San Te is San De now. Feels bit weird coz gotten so used to San Te.

In book Simon Abrams calls in 36th article Shaolin Mantis as Action Comedy that certainly is not comedic movie.

Last edited by ShawDonkey; 12-10-2022 at 02:00 PM.
Thanks given by:
russweiss1 (12-10-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 12:57 PM   #239
Expert Member

Oct 2016
Belfast, UK

Quote:
Hey,
What's the cheapest/most secure place to get this so it won't arrive damaged? Thank you!
The only in store is probably HMV. I was really lucky with Vol. 1 and bought with CEX vouchers and it arrived absolutely pristine, really well packaged.
Old 12-12-2022, 03:58 PM   #240
Expert Member

Apr 2014
Amazon

I was waiting for a normal sized casing release for this, but at that price i can't say no, will just have to find the room for it, now to wait out for volume 2 to reach around the same price.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland