Best iTunes Movie Deals


Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Bullet Train (iTunes)
$4.99
4 hrs ago
Stanley Kubrick: 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$34.99
4 hrs ago
A24 Pack (iTunes)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
Tr (iTunes)
$9.99
4 hrs ago
Kubrick: 3-Film Collection (iTunes)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
The Woman King (iTunes)
$7.99
4 hrs ago
Blade Runner 3-Film Collection (iTunes)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (iTunes)
$6.99
4 hrs ago
Titanic (iTunes)
$9.99
4 hrs ago
Deadpool 2-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
4 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (iTunes)
$7.99
4 hrs ago
The Matrix: 4-Film Dj Vu Collection (iTunes)
$24.99
4 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2021, 12:37 AM   #1
bri4jenn bri4jenn is offline
Member
 
Jan 2018
4
Default digital movie code redeeming questions

I have some general digital movie code redeeming questions

Is it better to redeem a digital movie code on a retailer site like iTunes or Vudu or MoviesAnywhere. What is one of the retailers shut down or what if MoviesAnywhere shuts down.

for HD code redeeming
1) if the movie is 4k in iTunes, Movies Anywhere, and Vudu, is it better to redeem the code in iTunes
2) does iTunes still upgrade movies to UHD 4k if redeeming a HD code?

for UHD code redeeming
2) If the movie is UHD in iTunes, Movies Anywhere, and Vudu what is the best place to redeem a code?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 02:43 AM   #2
Fiffy Fiffy is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jul 2007
San Jose, CA
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri4jenn View Post
Is it better to redeem a digital movie code on a retailer site like iTunes or Vudu or MoviesAnywhere. What is one of the retailers shut down
That's anyone's guess. When Target Ticket shut down, they transferred user libraries to CinemaNow. When CinemaNow shut down, movies that were not transferred to other retailers via Ultraviolet were lost. Bottomline, pick a retailer that isn't likely to shut down. I'd recommend to prioritize iTunes or Amazon.
Quote:
or what if MoviesAnywhere shuts down.
When Ultraviolet shut down, users' complete libraries remained at the formerly connected retailers. I'd expect it would be the same with MA.
Quote:
for HD code redeeming
1) if the movie is 4k in iTunes, Movies Anywhere, and Vudu, is it better to redeem the code in iTunes
iTunes, since you'll receive a free 4K upgrade. But you don't always have the choice. Not many movies come with iTunes codes anymore.
Quote:
2) does iTunes still upgrade movies to UHD 4k if redeeming a HD code?
Yes.
Quote:
for UHD code redeeming
2) If the movie is UHD in iTunes, Movies Anywhere, and Vudu what is the best place to redeem a code?
If it's an MA movie, it doesn't really matter. But Paramount, Lionsgate and some smaller distributors don't participate in MA. In that case use your preferred retailer.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
stevemcqueen83 (03-08-2021)
Old 06-06-2021, 05:46 AM   #3
matt1809 matt1809 is offline
New Member
 
May 2021
Default

I would like to buy "Promising Young Woman" which is a Focus Features studio. I'm not sure what platforms it can redeem to? Does anyone know if iTunes is an option? Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
moebeus1975 (11-29-2022)
Old 06-11-2021, 12:28 AM   #4
awp69 awp69 is offline
Special Member
 
Apr 2018
1
74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1809 View Post
I would like to buy "Promising Young Woman" which is a Focus Features studio. I'm not sure what platforms it can redeem to? Does anyone know if iTunes is an option? Thanks.
iTunes is not an option. If 4K is what you want, the only way to get it is to buy it direct.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 02:50 AM   #5
tjritter79 tjritter79 is offline
Power Member
 
Nov 2012
Reading, Pa.
82
3
876
1084
1096
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
iTunes is not an option. If 4K is what you want, the only way to get it is to buy it direct.
I Tunes IS an option! They offer it in 4K, along with DV & Atmos.
https://www.blu-ray.com/itunes/Promi...iTunes/163863/
It's ALSO a Universal Studios movie which makes it MA eligible as well,
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 06:06 AM   #6
-Gonzo- -Gonzo- is online now
Power Member
 
Apr 2017
286
64
10
918
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjritter79 View Post
I Tunes IS an option! They offer it in 4K, along with DV & Atmos.
https://www.blu-ray.com/itunes/Promi...iTunes/163863/
It's ALSO a Universal Studios movie which makes it MA eligible as well,
According to the redemption spreadsheet there is no 4K code and no iTunes redemption, it’s MA but has to be bought direct from the provider.
If a code is redeemed then you’d only get HD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 11:28 AM   #7
kannibaliztik kannibaliztik is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2012
-
-
-
222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjritter79 View Post
I Tunes IS an option! They offer it in 4K, along with DV & Atmos.
https://www.blu-ray.com/itunes/Promi...iTunes/163863/
It's ALSO a Universal Studios movie which makes it MA eligible as well,
It's an MA code, no itunes option.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 07:26 PM   #8
tjritter79 tjritter79 is offline
Power Member
 
Nov 2012
Reading, Pa.
82
3
876
1084
1096
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibaliztik View Post
It's an MA code, no itunes option.
My mistake!

I thought the question was being asked if the movie could be obtained via iTunes.

BUT, doesn't MA DIRECT you to a merchant from which to choose?
Since, they don't actually "sell" the titles themselves.
I know that's how it is for purchasing digital titles.
I don't recall ever "redeeming" a code via MA.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 07:41 PM   #9
kannibaliztik kannibaliztik is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2012
-
-
-
222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjritter79 View Post
My mistake!

I thought the question was being asked if the movie could be obtained via iTunes.

BUT, doesn't MA DIRECT you to a merchant from which to choose?
Since, they don't actually "sell" the titles themselves.
I know that's how it is for purchasing digital titles.
I don't recall ever "redeeming" a code via MA.
You can choose Vudu/FN or redeem directly on MA, but itunes is not an option to get the 4K.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 05:13 PM   #10
tjritter79 tjritter79 is offline
Power Member
 
Nov 2012
Reading, Pa.
82
3
876
1084
1096
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibaliztik View Post
You can choose Vudu/FN or redeem directly on MA, but itunes is not an option to get the 4K.
Now there is where I'm "confused" because I was under the impression that MA was NOT a "digital locker" but more of a "digital bridge" to other companies owned content? The way it was explained to me MA is NOT a storefront, NOR do they possess these titles...they are more of an aggregator of content, as opposed to a "distributor" of content.

Now, my logic as it is, I admit may be flawed here...but it occurs to me that if MA does not "sell" titles, they very well cannot "redeem" them either. And MA doesn't sell a thing! You don't "buy" from MA, they simply create a path to a dealer who DOES sell what your looking for.

Ever look at MA's "daily deals" section? An entire section of all current titles currently on sale (or more accurately below normal retail price, I'll explain, bear with me). If you'd ever peruse these daily as I have over several months (and daily when blu-ray,com was down a couple mos ago...) you'll notice the SAME movies with duplicate tiles, and I don't mean Dawn Of the Dead Theatrical vs. Dawn/Dead Uncut or variations....I mean the SAME IDENTICAL FILM! iTunes may have it for $4.99, Fandango Now for $5.00, Vudu may have it for $6.99 and Amazon Prime for $7.99...and they'll have 4 individual tiles UNLESS one or more of these services happen to sell at the same price (I see this more often with FN/Vudu now since their merger).

My point is, when you go to "buy" a title, you are diverted to the dealer who has the title for sale...you can in essence CHOOSE whom you want to buy this from...and your "record" as such resides with that service.

It seems to me that MA doesn't actually possess anything they can redeem either, otherwise, they'd SELL it as well, right? So when a customer "redeems" something, it's likely targeted to one of their participating merchants as well (iTunes, Vudu, AP, FN, etc...). From MA's standpoint, it doesn't matter because any MA title is going to port to all their merchants anyway......But from the CUSTOMERS perspective, they may have a preference, especially given that iTunes tends to upgrade HD purchases to 4K? Just like in BUYING the title, based on pricing, the CUSTOMER should be able to determine the redemption destination based on comfortability with the merchant and/or possible upgrade policy.
...Otherwise couldn't it be said, MA is discriminating against the customer by choosing where redemption is granted through?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 05:31 PM   #11
kannibaliztik kannibaliztik is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2012
-
-
-
222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjritter79 View Post
Now there is where I'm "confused" because I was under the impression that MA was NOT a "digital locker" but more of a "digital bridge" to other companies owned content? The way it was explained to me MA is NOT a storefront, NOR do they possess these titles...they are more of an aggregator of content, as opposed to a "distributor" of content.

Now, my logic as it is, I admit may be flawed here...but it occurs to me that if MA does not "sell" titles, they very well cannot "redeem" them either. And MA doesn't sell a thing! You don't "buy" from MA, they simply create a path to a dealer who DOES sell what your looking for.

Ever look at MA's "daily deals" section? An entire section of all current titles currently on sale (or more accurately below normal retail price, I'll explain, bear with me). If you'd ever peruse these daily as I have over several months (and daily when blu-ray,com was down a couple mos ago...) you'll notice the SAME movies with duplicate tiles, and I don't mean Dawn Of the Dead Theatrical vs. Dawn/Dead Uncut or variations....I mean the SAME IDENTICAL FILM! iTunes may have it for $4.99, Fandango Now for $5.00, Vudu may have it for $6.99 and Amazon Prime for $7.99...and they'll have 4 individual tiles UNLESS one or more of these services happen to sell at the same price (I see this more often with FN/Vudu now since their merger).

My point is, when you go to "buy" a title, you are diverted to the dealer who has the title for sale...you can in essence CHOOSE whom you want to buy this from...and your "record" as such resides with that service.

It seems to me that MA doesn't actually possess anything they can redeem either, otherwise, they'd SELL it as well, right? So when a customer "redeems" something, it's likely targeted to one of their participating merchants as well (iTunes, Vudu, AP, FN, etc...). From MA's standpoint, it doesn't matter because any MA title is going to port to all their merchants anyway......But from the CUSTOMERS perspective, they may have a preference, especially given that iTunes tends to upgrade HD purchases to 4K? Just like in BUYING the title, based on pricing, the CUSTOMER should be able to determine the redemption destination based on comfortability with the merchant and/or possible upgrade policy.
...Otherwise couldn't it be said, MA is discriminating against the customer by choosing where redemption is granted through?
Just how it goes, Universal removed the ability to redeem in itunes when they joined MA.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 05:33 PM   #12
FrodoBagginz FrodoBagginz is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
FrodoBagginz's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
15
742
980
628
5960
250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjritter79 View Post
Now there is where I'm "confused" because I was under the impression that MA was NOT a "digital locker" but more of a "digital bridge" to other companies owned content? The way it was explained to me MA is NOT a storefront, NOR do they possess these titles...they are more of an aggregator of content, as opposed to a "distributor" of content.

Now, my logic as it is, I admit may be flawed here...but it occurs to me that if MA does not "sell" titles, they very well cannot "redeem" them either. And MA doesn't sell a thing! You don't "buy" from MA, they simply create a path to a dealer who DOES sell what your looking for.

Ever look at MA's "daily deals" section? An entire section of all current titles currently on sale (or more accurately below normal retail price, I'll explain, bear with me). If you'd ever peruse these daily as I have over several months (and daily when blu-ray,com was down a couple mos ago...) you'll notice the SAME movies with duplicate tiles, and I don't mean Dawn Of the Dead Theatrical vs. Dawn/Dead Uncut or variations....I mean the SAME IDENTICAL FILM! iTunes may have it for $4.99, Fandango Now for $5.00, Vudu may have it for $6.99 and Amazon Prime for $7.99...and they'll have 4 individual tiles UNLESS one or more of these services happen to sell at the same price (I see this more often with FN/Vudu now since their merger).

My point is, when you go to "buy" a title, you are diverted to the dealer who has the title for sale...you can in essence CHOOSE whom you want to buy this from...and your "record" as such resides with that service.

It seems to me that MA doesn't actually possess anything they can redeem either, otherwise, they'd SELL it as well, right? So when a customer "redeems" something, it's likely targeted to one of their participating merchants as well (iTunes, Vudu, AP, FN, etc...). From MA's standpoint, it doesn't matter because any MA title is going to port to all their merchants anyway......But from the CUSTOMERS perspective, they may have a preference, especially given that iTunes tends to upgrade HD purchases to 4K? Just like in BUYING the title, based on pricing, the CUSTOMER should be able to determine the redemption destination based on comfortability with the merchant and/or possible upgrade policy.
...Otherwise couldn't it be said, MA is discriminating against the customer by choosing where redemption is granted through?







MA does have the titles on their servers as you can stream the MA titles directly from MA website/App. MA doesn't sell titles as that would anger the retailers and they would probably drop their participation with MA.


Codes having iTunes redemption's are a studio decision. Free upgrades to 4k are why some studios might not want iTunes redemption's (Disney dropped iTunes redeems starting with Onward, which is right around the time Disney allowed 4k in iTunes).
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:20 PM   #13
tjritter79 tjritter79 is offline
Power Member
 
Nov 2012
Reading, Pa.
82
3
876
1084
1096
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoBagginz View Post
MA does have the titles on their servers as you can stream the MA titles directly from MA website/App. MA doesn't sell titles as that would anger the retailers and they would probably drop their participation with MA.


Codes having iTunes redemption's are a studio decision. Free upgrades to 4k are why some studios might not want iTunes redemption's (Disney dropped iTunes redeems starting with Onward, which is right around the time Disney allowed 4k in iTunes).
The fact that you can click on a title of a film on a particular app/website doesn't indicate its origin? That app/website is simply a portal that targets where the file is located close to you (edge computing).

If indeed MA had these titles "on their servers" and this didn't upset the retailers, then MA could "sell" those rights...offer sales like the OTHER retailers do....
The fact that they DON'T is a CLEAR indication they don't possess these at all, except possibly the Disney owned ones.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 02:44 AM   #14
Greyman Greyman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Greyman's Avatar
 
May 2013
271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjritter79 View Post
The fact that you can click on a title of a film on a particular app/website doesn't indicate its origin? That app/website is simply a portal that targets where the file is located close to you (edge computing).

If indeed MA had these titles "on their servers" and this didn't upset the retailers, then MA could "sell" those rights...offer sales like the OTHER retailers do....
The fact that they DON'T is a CLEAR indication they don't possess these at all, except possibly the Disney owned ones.
You are using too much faulty logic. You can redeem a code on MA, but not purchase from MA. You can also stream from MA. Thats just the way it is.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
audit13 (06-27-2021)
Old 11-28-2022, 11:35 PM   #15
Eve6insideandout Eve6insideandout is offline
Power Member
 
Mar 2007
483
Default

Do Lionsgate codes redeem VUDU, iTunes, GooglePlay etc? I was wondering for Everything Everywhere 4K code and how it will redeem.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 11:48 PM   #16
Alan Gordon Alan Gordon is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Alan Gordon's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Dawson, GA
565
2140
437
1282
1444
2326
1321
41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve6insideandout View Post
Do Lionsgate codes redeem VUDU, iTunes, GooglePlay etc? I was wondering for Everything Everywhere 4K code and how it will redeem.
That title is an A24 title, released on disc by Lionsgate. It will NOT have an iTunes option.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Eve6insideandout (11-29-2022)
Old 11-28-2022, 11:59 PM   #17
erlinmeyer erlinmeyer is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
erlinmeyer's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
Minnesota
510
4855
438
908
1266
1387
683
1087
9
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve6insideandout View Post
Do Lionsgate codes redeem VUDU, iTunes, GooglePlay etc? I was wondering for Everything Everywhere 4K code and how it will redeem.
As it says on the back of the case, it is only redeemable on a single digital service provider's platform. While redeeming that title it only offers to redeem it at VUDU Fandango. No other options.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Eve6insideandout (11-29-2022)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:28 AM.