Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Naked Lunch 4K (Blu-ray)
£29.99
7 hrs ago
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.65

Naked Lunch (Blu-ray)
£24.99
1 day ago
House of the Dragon 4K (Blu-ray)
£40.00

Lovers Lane (Blu-ray)
£17.99
1 day ago
House of the Dragon (Blu-ray)
£25.00

Vigilante (Blu-ray)
£15.00
15 hrs ago
Maniac (Blu-ray)
£15.00
16 hrs ago
Fall (Blu-ray)
£10.00
16 hrs ago
Beast (Blu-ray)
£9.99

The Matrix Resurrections 4K (Blu-ray)
£12.14
1 day ago
In the Mood for Love (Blu-ray)
£17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 12-08-2021, 01:49 AM   #621

Jul 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
What's the go-to audio track on this one? Is the 5.1 the original six-track mix or an upmix of the 2.0? Reviewers seem to be favoring the 2.0 over the 5.1, and that the 2.0 is present at all indicates the 5.1 is likely a remix, but it did get a six-track mix originally which throws it up in the air a bit.
The 5.1 is a remix while the 2.0 is the original.
Old 12-25-2021, 09:31 AM   #622
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Dubai

Those of you own this release can please tell me if you guys agree with the official review here? Is it a bad tranfer or its average?
Old 12-25-2021, 07:01 PM   #623
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashif View Post
Those of you own this release can please tell me if you guys agree with the official review here? Is it a bad tranfer or its average?
Compared to the previous releases, the new transfer is a huge improvement with terrific detail and a filmic look that was missing in all previous releases.

That said, there are issues raised about the color grading, and it is the primary bugbear of the site review. The transfer is supposed to have been supervised by one of the cinematographers of the film, but there is the possibility (some would say certainty) of last-stage yellow-leaning changes made to the final master by the restoration studio.

But you needn't take anyone's word for it. You can see screenshot comparisons of the current remaster with all previous releases:
https://caps-a-holic.com/c_list.php?c=3110
Thanks given by:
flat_earth7 (01-12-2022)
Old 12-25-2021, 09:57 PM   #624

Jan 2019

It looked perfectly good to me, but I haven't seen any previous releases.
I really enjoyed Kurosawa's earlier films, but this one and Kagemusha not so much. They seem like old man film's to me with a strong nihilistic tendencies.
Old 12-26-2021, 02:54 AM   #625
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillyD View Post
I really enjoyed Kurosawa's earlier films, but this one and Kagemusha not so much. They seem like old man film's to me with a strong nihilistic tendencies.
I would not call them nihilistic, although they do have tragic conclusions. I think they are very anti-war and critical of militaristic and regimented society, and of the avarice of conquest. The anger contained in them certainly belie the 'old man' aspect. I would call something like Rhapsody in August an old man's film.
Thanks given by:
DukeTogo84 (01-03-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 11:18 AM   #626
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
Compared to the previous releases, the new transfer is a huge improvement with terrific detail and a filmic look that was missing in all previous releases.

That said, there are issues raised about the color grading, and it is the primary bugbear of the site review. The transfer is supposed to have been supervised by one of the cinematographers of the film, but there is the possibility (some would say certainty) of last-stage yellow-leaning changes made to the final master by the restoration studio.

But you needn't take anyone's word for it. You can see screenshot comparisons of the current remaster with all previous releases:
https://caps-a-holic.com/c_list.php?c=3110
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillyD View Post
Thank you for the info. I also read something similar regarding Wong Kar Wai's "In the mood for love" that transfer was supervised by Wong Kar Wai himself but the restoration studio added the teal look to final release.

I haven't seen "Ran" not on blu ray and not in any medium so I guess I ll go ahead and buy it since I don't think they will do a remaster again.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:17 PM   #627
Special Member

Jan 2016
Italy

Is the 4Kult disc any improvement on the SC?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland