Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.65

Shawscope Volume Two (Blu-ray)
£96.46

House of the Dragon 4K (Blu-ray)
£40.00

The Street Fighter Trilogy (Blu-ray)
£24.99

Naked Lunch 4K (Blu-ray)
£29.99

The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection: Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
£47.94

House of the Dragon (Blu-ray)
£25.00

Lovers Lane (Blu-ray)
£17.99

Two Orphan Vampires (Blu-ray)
£16.99

Singin' in the Rain 4K (Blu-ray)
£13.99

Naked Lunch (Blu-ray)
£24.99

Fall (Blu-ray)
£10.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 11-27-2022, 01:20 AM   #43321
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olmo View Post
Received an email from Amazon regretfully informing me that the release date for the UHD of Cabinet of Dr. Caligari has changed, though it doesn’t give a revision.
Any reason you don't order directly from Eureka? Mine shipped out 3 days ago.
Thanks given by:
Olmo (11-27-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 08:56 AM   #43322
Special Member

Feb 2014
Bernicia, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by russweiss1 View Post
Any reason you don't order directly from Eureka? Mine shipped out 3 days ago.
Prime.

The email is really weird, tells me that the release date has changed (which it hasn't) and that the revised date is listed below (which it isn't). Guessing there's availability problems.

Will cancel and order direct.
Thanks given by:
Gunsnroses092789 (12-01-2022), russweiss1 (11-27-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 12:20 PM   #43323
Expert Member

Aug 2019
Rovinj, Croatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olmo View Post
Prime.

The email is really weird, tells me that the release date has changed (which it hasn't) and that the revised date is listed below (which it isn't). Guessing there's availability problems.

Will cancel and order direct.
For what it's worth, I've received no such email.
Old 11-27-2022, 02:06 PM   #43324
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutger Lundgren View Post
Eureka offers free international shipping. Any reason why you didn't order direct?
Thanks given by:
Gunsnroses092789 (12-01-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 02:50 PM   #43325
Expert Member

Aug 2019
Rovinj, Croatia

Quote:
Eureka offers free international shipping. Any reason why you didn't order direct?
I use parcel forwarding for most of my orders, so international shipping does not really figure into my decision process (although occasionally I do order internationally directly from Eureka, but then it's always a lottery whether it will actually arrive or not, because Croatian Post has some reliability issues, and Eureka does not offer tracked delivery).

When it comes to pre-orders I always like to place one with Amazon, even if just as a safety measure, because it comes with several benefits. First, they take money on shipping, and not on order, which is very important to me (granted, I'm not sure how Eureka handles that), and I can - and often do - change my mind and cancel when they attempt to charge me. Then there's their pre-order price guarantee, which has saved me money on several occasions. If I encounter any issues, in my experience Amazon has great support, and they're pretty easy to deal with. Since I use parcel forwarding, I only have a limited number of slots per shipment, and with Amazon I can combine multiple pre-orders from different labels in a single order, providing they release on the same day or thereabouts (however, Amazon sometimes do strange things with orders, and items end up in separate shipments for no apparent reason, but most of the time it's fine). Their packages are also easy to identify, which makes things easier for me when they arrive to my parcel forwarder, and I have to prepare the goods for importing. Finally, early dispatch is of no real use to me, since my items will be sitting in the parcel forwarder's warehouse for a while anyway.

I know that Amazon is the big bad, but the truth is it's often the best option for me, although I still order from many, many different places.
Thanks given by:
russweiss1 (11-27-2022), Sinedd (11-28-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 03:02 PM   #43326
Special Member

Mar 2019
UK

amazon must be using pretty good customer metrics because the longer you're with them (Prime), the more you buy from them, the better you get treated when there's a problem. For the past few years they've been treating me like royalty. There's obviously a detailed customer profile that pops on screen when you call them. But there are plenty of sellers who are great to deal with.
Old 11-27-2022, 03:10 PM   #43327

Jun 2020
Romania

Quote:
Since last year, Eureka started charging shipping fees to some destinations. Also, there are some countries they no longer ship to (for example, I couldn't order to Romania anymore from their site).

Another factor is that Amazon allows me to buy a variety of titles from different labels, which is especially great when more than one of them have offers around the same time.
Old 11-27-2022, 03:17 PM   #43328
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Southern California

Quote:
I use parcel forwarding for most of my orders, so international shipping does not really figure into my decision process (although occasionally I do order internationally directly from Eureka, but then it's always a lottery whether it will actually arrive or not, because Croatian Post has some reliability issues, and Eureka does not offer tracked delivery).

When it comes to pre-orders I always like to place one with Amazon, even if just as a safety measure, because it comes with several benefits. First, they take money on shipping, and not on order, which is very important to me (granted, I'm not sure how Eureka handles that), and I can - and often do - change my mind and cancel when they attempt to charge me. Then there's their pre-order price guarantee, which has saved me money on several occasions. If I encounter any issues, in my experience Amazon has great support, and they're pretty easy to deal with. Since I use parcel forwarding, I only have a limited number of slots per shipment, and with Amazon I can combine multiple pre-orders from different labels in a single order, providing they release on the same day or thereabouts (however, Amazon sometimes do strange things with orders, and items end up in separate shipments for no apparent reason, but most of the time it's fine). Their packages are also easy to identify, which makes things easier for me when they arrive to my parcel forwarder, and I have to prepare the goods for importing. Finally, early dispatch is of no real use to me, since my items will be sitting in the parcel forwarder's warehouse for a while anyway.

I know that Amazon is the big bad, but the truth is it's often the best option for me, although I still order from many, many different places.
Eureka does charge when you order. I don't consider Amazon bad. I am a Prime member and place multiple orders each month. Since I'm international to Eureka I find that it's less expensive for me to order direct from them and I'm assured getting copies of what I order.
Old 11-27-2022, 03:34 PM   #43329
Expert Member

Aug 2019
Rovinj, Croatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobrianders View Post
amazon must be using pretty good customer metrics because the longer you're with them (Prime), the more you buy from them, the better you get treated when there's a problem. For the past few years they've been treating me like royalty. There's obviously a detailed customer profile that pops on screen when you call them. But there are plenty of sellers who are great to deal with.
I don't have Prime, though, and they're still good.

Quote:
Eureka does charge when you order. I don't consider Amazon bad. I am a Prime member and place multiple orders each month. Since I'm international to Eureka I find that it's less expensive for me to order direct from them and I'm assured getting copies of what I order.
Amazon have always managed to fulfill my pre-orders so far, so I'm not too worried about that. Unlike Base, who have failed me a couple of times, so I stopped using them for pre-orders and OOP titles.
Thanks given by:
trobrianders (11-27-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 03:39 PM   #43330
Special Member

Feb 2014
Bernicia, UK

Quote:
Bizarre.

Old 11-28-2022, 05:51 PM   #43331
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
United States

The blu-ray.com review states "The native 4K presentation does not have a Dolby Vision/HDR grade," but I received the disc today, popped it in to see how it looks, and my (Sony) player says HDR when I hit the "display" button on the remote. Anyone have any idea which is right?
Old 11-28-2022, 06:48 PM   #43332

Feb 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGW View Post
The blu-ray.com review states "The native 4K presentation does not have a Dolby Vision/HDR grade," but I received the disc today, popped it in to see how it looks, and my (Sony) player says HDR when I hit the "display" button on the remote. Anyone have any idea which is right?
Is Dolby Vision enabled? Sony players force HDR on SDR content when you have Dolby Vision on.
Thanks given by:
PGW (11-29-2022), TheHistorian (11-30-2022)
Old 11-28-2022, 07:06 PM   #43333

Nov 2011

Arrived today

Thanks given by:
BunyipPouch (11-29-2022), CrockettandTubbs (11-29-2022), D27 (11-29-2022), Mr. Thomsen (11-30-2022), Pochacco (11-29-2022), RossyG (11-28-2022), TheDarkBlueNight (12-03-2022)
Old 11-29-2022, 12:08 PM   #43334

Oct 2015
South Yorkshire

I had the same email from Amazon so I cancelled and ordered direct from Eureka on Saturday. My order says it's currently "walkers1". Not sure what that means?
Old 11-29-2022, 12:27 PM   #43335
Power Member

Apr 2015

On their Facebook page Eureka have reported about the campaign to save the Edinburgh Filmhouse. That's quite the endorsement, I hope it does some good.
Old 11-29-2022, 02:15 PM   #43336
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2010
Er...Miami?

Re: Caligari - what's in the book that isn't in the last release:

(this one)

44 page booklet featuring:

The Beginning of the Expressionist Film" by Lotte Eisner
Original Variety Review of the Film
Production and Restoration
Notes on Viewing
Bluray & DVD Credits
Old 11-29-2022, 02:26 PM   #43337
Special Member

Mar 2019
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrockettandTubbs View Post
Re: Caligari - what's in the book that isn't in the last release:

(this one)

44 page booklet featuring:

The Beginning of the Expressionist Film" by Lotte Eisner
Original Variety Review of the Film
Production and Restoration
Notes on Viewing
Bluray & DVD Credits
Some stunning reprographics hopefully.
Old 11-29-2022, 03:03 PM   #43338
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2010
Er...Miami?

I've just seen the pics that AlanUK put up : looks excellent to me. An extensive essay: The Cabinet of Dr Caligari: History / Psychoanalysis / Cinema by Frank P Tomasulo (I think), and German Cinema Comes To Hollywood.

That also includes the materials from the older booklet

Last edited by CrockettandTubbs; 11-29-2022 at 03:07 PM.
Thanks given by:
AlanUK (11-30-2022), Mr. Thomsen (11-30-2022)
Old 11-29-2022, 09:48 PM   #43339
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2015
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz79 View Post
I had the same email from Amazon so I cancelled and ordered direct from Eureka on Saturday. My order says it's currently "walkers1". Not sure what that means?
I preordered my copy of Caligari direct on 29th September and the status of mine also says “walkers1”? No idea what that means. Not had a dispatch email.
Thanks given by:
Daz79 (11-29-2022)
Old 11-29-2022, 11:06 PM   #43340

Oct 2015
South Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_C View Post
I preordered my copy of Caligari direct on 29th September and the status of mine also says “walkers1”? No idea what that means. Not had a dispatch email.
Mine was dispatched about an hour ago so fingers crossed yours is too
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland