Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.65

Star Trek: The Original 4 Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£35.60
3 hrs ago
Shawscope Volume Two (Blu-ray)
£96.46

House of the Dragon 4K (Blu-ray)
£40.00

The Street Fighter Trilogy (Blu-ray)
£24.99

Naked Lunch 4K (Blu-ray)
£29.99

Mulan 4K (Blu-ray)
£7.20
3 hrs ago
House of the Dragon (Blu-ray)
£25.00

Lovers Lane (Blu-ray)
£17.99

Fall (Blu-ray)
£10.00

The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Collection: Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
£47.94

The Revenant (Blu-ray)
£1.90

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 07-20-2021, 01:16 PM   #121

Sep 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by PissedOffPeoN View Post
On last season now.. Man this thing is long.
Are you enjoying it?
Old 07-20-2021, 01:20 PM   #122
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2013
Missouri

Ya.. but the last season was kinda hard to get through but i did it . Kelly macdonald cannot act as detective at all.. more of a mom character from boardwalk empire, not sure who casted her as main character.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:27 PM   #123
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Dinas Powys, UK

Interesting! I loved the last one. Although not the last episode. Guess we will be having series 7 at some point! (At least I hope we do!)
Old 07-20-2021, 01:31 PM   #124
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2013
Missouri

I loved keeley hawes character alot.. too bad there was not more of her. Loved how she never backed down when everyone was always against her .
Thanks given by:
IronHeadRat (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 05:56 AM   #125
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

I've not watched any of this before and it's very good overall. The first three series are probably the best but to be honest, I think it gets a bit over the top when the rather glamourous Thandiwe Newton is cast as a cop, however, that series was also good and she acts well even if she doesn't look too believable in a blue collar role. Subsequently, while there was still much to like about the fifth series it kind of feels as though it is getting too big too quickly. The fifth series already felt much more "cinematic" than the previous four and I'm not sure where else they can go with the overarching plot that won't seem ridiculous, especially given that it really has to stick to the UK and really only part of it, at that.

I like Martin and Vicky but to me, the unsung hero of the series is Adrian Dunbar. I forgot that he was in Cracker as the bloke with amnesia in "The Mad Woman in the Attic" back in 1993!

I'm on the sixth series now and unfortunately, it has some pretty abundant compression artifacts, particularly in backgrounds, and quite a bit of banding at times, too. I didn't notice many issues with the previous discs, except for one shot of Keeley Hawes which had large compression blocks flickering on the right hand side. There may well be issues with those discs that I just didn't notice on a 50" screen when watching good drama, but the sixth series discs may have been finished before the others and perhaps were compressed by someone else at the same company.

I also wish Acorn UK would have used lossless audio for the 5.1 tracks on series 2-6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PissedOffPeoN View Post
Ya.. but the last season was kinda hard to get through but i did it . Kelly macdonald cannot act as detective at all.. more of a mom character from boardwalk empire, not sure who casted her as main character.
I think part of this issue might be that she's often speaking slower. I don't know if it's because she struggles with the abundant technical lingo and acronyms or if she was just asked to enunciate more for the benefit of the English and American international audiences. She looks too young to be a DCI to me, though, I can't believe she's 45 (!) she has one of those faces that looks eternally late 20s / early 30s to me.
Old 01-27-2022, 02:55 PM   #126

May 2015

Bought this when it hit 35.
We have watched first two season and love the series. Blu-rays are very good and there are subtitles in english witch makes it easier to follow.
Old 11-29-2022, 11:10 PM   #127
Expert Member

Jun 2019
Belgium

Just seen all six seasons of this and I must say this is a great series.

Acting is fantastic and writing is impeccable. The 3 leads are great characters especially Superintendent Hastings.

It does end in a bit of an anti climax though and I feel there's still things missing.

My overall rating is 9/10
Thanks given by:
Blu Lemmy (12-02-2022), minister_x (11-29-2022)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland