Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Naked Lunch 4K (Blu-ray)
£29.99
3 hrs ago
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.65

Naked Lunch (Blu-ray)
£24.99
1 day ago
House of the Dragon 4K (Blu-ray)
£40.00

Lovers Lane (Blu-ray)
£17.99
1 day ago
Maniac (Blu-ray)
£15.00
12 hrs ago
House of the Dragon (Blu-ray)
£25.00

The Hunger Games: Ultimate Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£68.54
22 hrs ago
Vigilante (Blu-ray)
£15.00
12 hrs ago
Fall (Blu-ray)
£10.00
12 hrs ago
In the Mood for Love (Blu-ray)
£17.99

The Matrix Resurrections 4K (Blu-ray)
£12.14
22 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 12-10-2009, 09:27 AM   #21

Nov 2009
Essex, England.

I'm looking forward to seeing the jungle book on blu-ray, its the first film I ever saw on the big screen many years ago and has remained as one of my all time favorite Disney films.

I would love to see The Incredibles on blu-ray too.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #22
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDilke View Post
I don't know whether it's worth adding them to your rumoured list, but on HMV you can be notified of when Tarzan and The Hunchback of Notre Dame (and also Tron) will be available to order, perhaps suggesting that they are, or are planned to be, in development?
Hi

Yeah HMV added those on their site some time back, however i've heard no rumours or release dates of any kind for any of them, unfortunately as i love Tarzan.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #23
Banned

Apr 2009

I think the original post is a bit out with some of the information here.

Fantasia / Fantasia 2000
Beauty and the Beast

Lots of rumours are circulating that these may in fact have switched places and Beauty and the Beast will now be coming out in the first quarter slot. Not sure where the April date comes from, Platinum / Diamond Editions usually arrive in Mar and Oct / Nov.

The rumours seem to have first surfaced because of the lack of a trailer for Fantasia on Snow White, while a trailer for Beauty and the Beast did appear. I know it said Autumn 2010, but the theory is that the trailer had already been put together.

A newer rumour is suggesting that both Fantasia's and Beauty and the Beast are now going to arrive in the 4th Quarter. This has been posted on Ultimate Disney, one reason citing the fact that Princess and the Frog will appear in the first quarter. A little problem with that is Princess and the Frog doesn't appear in cinema's in some markets (the UK for one) until February. I think there will be a desire on Disney's part to have a big title out for the end of Quarter 1 / Easter time, worldwide, which is traditionally a Diamond Edition - I can't see them issuing 3 Diamond Editions at once next Autumn / Winter, which would also be having to compete with The Sorceror's Apprentice, a new Tinker Bell movie, Toy Story 3 and Alice in Wonderland.

The original poster has The Princess and the Frog down for a release in March, 2010, but it doesn't appear in cinema's in the UK until February, so I wouldn't expect to see the Blu Ray until May or June at the earliest.

It isn't clear when Toy Story 1 & 2 are going to be released yet, whether they'll wait until Toy Story 3 is released on Blu Ray, or release them to coincide with the theatrical release.

A Bug's Life is not rumoured, it's confirmed - just no street date yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see it out alongside Up. There was a flyer included in the Monsters, Inc. Blu Ray which confirmed a release in 2010 - as it's already out in the US, I think we can take that for granted.

And I've not seen anything, anywhere to suggest The Black Cauldron is coming to Blu Ray - it would be nice if it is, but all indications are that like The Great Mouse Detective, Pete's Dragon, Mary Poppins, Oliver and Co. and Bedknobs and Broomsticks - this is a DVD only reissue.

I think what is clear, from the release of Dumbo, that there are plans to start releasing the classics outside of the Diamond Edition range, but until Disney actually issue a press release, everything at the moment is pure speculation.

The only thing we know for sure aside from the announced titles, is that at some point we are getting Fantasia / Fantasia 2000 and Beauty and the Beast.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:39 AM   #24
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellesPrince View Post
I think the original post is a bit out with some of the information here.

Fantasia / Fantasia 2000
Beauty and the Beast

Lots of rumours are circulating that these may in fact have switched places and Beauty and the Beast will now be coming out in the first quarter slot. Not sure where the April date comes from, Platinum / Diamond Editions usually arrive in Mar and Oct / Nov.

The rumours seem to have first surfaced because of the lack of a trailer for Fantasia on Snow White, while a trailer for Beauty and the Beast did appear. I know it said Autumn 2010, but the theory is that the trailer had already been put together.
As these are at the moment just rumours i have left them as they are as currently Disney still have Beauty & The Beast for an autumn 2010 release.

Quote:
The original poster has The Princess and the Frog down for a release in March, 2010, but it doesn't appear in cinema's in the UK until February, so I wouldn't expect to see the Blu Ray until May or June at the earliest.
Thankyou I wasnt 100% sure on the cinema date as i hadnt checked properly, have altured it now on the list.

Quote:
It isn't clear when Toy Story 1 & 2 are going to be released yet, whether they'll wait until Toy Story 3 is released on Blu Ray, or release them to coincide with the theatrical release.
TS 1 and 2 have been announced for Blu-ray in the states in March, i have contacted Disney today to ask them if they're releasing them around the same time over here aswell, but havent yet received a reply.
But my guess is that them 2 will come out around the same time, if not the following month, as they're extremely highly demanded Pixar films.

Quote:
A Bug's Life is not rumoured, it's confirmed - just no street date yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see it out alongside Up. There was a flyer included in the Monsters, Inc. Blu Ray which confirmed a release in 2010 - as it's already out in the US, I think we can take that for granted.
Thanks. I've taken it out of the 'rumours' list now and put it in as "TBA/2010", would be very suprised if it came out the same time as Up as if it was i would have thought we would have had some kind of announcement and/or pre-order available for it by now.

Quote:
And I've not seen anything, anywhere to suggest The Black Cauldron is coming to Blu Ray - it would be nice if it is, but all indications are that like The Great Mouse Detective, Pete's Dragon, Mary Poppins, Oliver and Co. and Bedknobs and Broomsticks - this is a DVD only reissue.
This may be true, however it is still a posibility so i shall leave it on the rumours list for now.

I've also added more dates to some of the movies:
TB & The Great Fairy Rescue
Toy Story 3
Prince of Persia
Tim Burtons Alice in Wonderland

They havent YET been confirmed by Disney, but these are the likely dates with the usual 'so-many-months' after UK cinema release.

Many thanks for all the info etc
Old 12-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #25
Banned

Apr 2009

I'm very curious as to the source of your rumour for Toy Story 1 & 2 in March. All the reports I've read have suggested that it's still inconclusive as to whether it will be released to coincide with the theatrical release of Toy Story 3, or if all 3 will be released together.

Do you really think Disney would give you priviledged information just because you ring up and ask about it?

I find this a little amusing, someone claimed to have rung Disney about the release of BATB and Fantasia on Ultimate Disney, and claim to have been told when they were going to be released. Until Disney issue a proper press release, or stores are told when they are available (and even online retailers listing them isn't always proof), then nobody answering a telephone line for Disney is going to know for sure.

As far as A Bug's Life not being released alongside Up. Well, the fact that online retailers don't have it listed yet doesn't necessarily mean anything. It's a back catalogue title, and not even one of the studio's most highly regarded titles, so it's not that unusual for people to not have titles listed. It was quite late in the day for Snow White to be up on pre-orders.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #26
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
I'm very curious as to the source of your rumour for Toy Story 1 & 2 in March. All the reports I've read have suggested that it's still inconclusive as to whether it will be released to coincide with the theatrical release of Toy Story 3, or if all 3 will be released together.
If you looked at the front page of this very website you'd see this:
https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3880

Its basicly been confirmed that the US is getting Toy Story 1 and 2 in March next year, so i would have thought we'd be getting it around the same time, if not in April as they're 2 very demanded releases.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:10 PM   #27
Banned

Apr 2009

I hadn't seen that - however, just to point out that retailers had listed Finding Nemo as coming out this year and it still isn't out. Until there is an official press release from Disney this means nothing.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #28
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
I hadn't seen that - however, just to point out that retailers had listed Finding Nemo as coming out this year and it still isn't out. Until there is an official press release from Disney this means nothing.
Well, yes, that is strictly true.
But im just going by news on here etc, if it turns out to be untrue then i will just end up taking it off the list, but if by any chance we dont get TS 1/2 in March/April then i think its safe to say we'll be getting it some other time in 2010.

Im sorry if my list dosent seem that great , i just wanted to create a Disney BD list for the UK as i cant find anything similar on the net, and im extremely interrested in Disney movies.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:03 PM   #29
Banned

Apr 2009

Oh, I'm just pointing out the news I've heard, and the fact that until Disney makes announcements - anything is possible.

I run a Disney forum myself so I keep my ear to the ground as much as possible for news.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #30
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
Oh, I'm just pointing out the news I've heard, and the fact that until Disney makes announcements - anything is possible.

I run a Disney forum myself so I keep my ear to the ground as much as possible for news.
May i have the link to your forum, as like i say im interested in all things Disney related.

If its not allowed to be posted here, could you send via PM?

Cheers
Old 12-14-2009, 08:40 PM   #31
Banned

Apr 2009

I don't see why it should be a problem to be posted here. It's primarily about Disneyland Paris, where I'm a regular visitor, with a particular focus on the Princesses. It's actually well known amongst the castmembers over at Disneyland Paris.

I do use the forum to talk about all sorts of things that I'm interested in too, including for example Blu Ray and Doctor Who.

In terms of Blu Ray though, it's strictly from a movie fans point of view. I'm not a very techy person when it comes to home cinema set ups, so on the rare occassions I review a film, I do it from a fans point of view.

The forum is called Belle's Enchanted Forum, and you can find it here.

http://www.topbb.com/bellesenchanted/
Old 12-14-2009, 08:57 PM   #32
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
I don't see why it should be a problem to be posted here. It's primarily about Disneyland Paris, where I'm a regular visitor, with a particular focus on the Princesses. It's actually well known amongst the castmembers over at Disneyland Paris.

I do use the forum to talk about all sorts of things that I'm interested in too, including for example Blu Ray and Doctor Who.

In terms of Blu Ray though, it's strictly from a movie fans point of view. I'm not a very techy person when it comes to home cinema set ups, so on the rare occassions I review a film, I do it from a fans point of view.

The forum is called Belle's Enchanted Forum, and you can find it here.

http://www.topbb.com/bellesenchanted/
Cheers

Toy Story 1 & Toy Story 2 are now confirmed for the UK for March 2010

E-mail from Disney UK:

Quote:
Thank you for your email.
I am pleased to advise you that the title you have requested will be available on Blu-ray mid March 2010.

Kind regards
Kathie Kennedy
WDSHE - Consumer Relations

Consumer Relations/ MC 521
Freepost RRYA-UCHT-UHJZ
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
3 Queen Caroline Street, Hammersmith
London
W6 9PE
Old 12-14-2009, 09:01 PM   #33
Banned

Apr 2009

Oh, well, I'm always happy to be proved wrong if it means new Disney Blu Rays. Now if only they'd confirm Beauty and the Beast has been swapped around and is coming in March or April too.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:03 PM   #34
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
Oh, well, I'm always happy to be proved wrong if it means new Disney Blu Rays. Now if only they'd confirm Beauty and the Beast has been swapped around and is coming in March or April too.
I'd love it if they did, much prefer B&TB over Fantasia
Old 12-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #35
Banned

Apr 2009

Well as you can tell, I'm Belle's biggest fan, and she knows it. LOL
Old 12-14-2009, 09:09 PM   #36
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
Well as you can tell, I'm Belle's biggest fan, and she knows it. LOL

Do you know of anything about The Lion King being re-released?
I have read various places that it should be coming 2011, according to Disney's usual re-release schedule, hence why i've got it down on my list as "TBA/2011".

You seem to know alot about Disney, and TLK is my fav Disney film
Old 12-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #37
Banned

Apr 2009

If it follows the original Platinum release schedule, it was the third to be released after Beauty and the Beast, so it will come out at the beginning of 2011, although I could see them holding it back until Fall 2011 as it's such a big title.

I think the original order was.

Snow White
Beauty and the Beast
The Lion King
Aladdin (now apparently kicked from the line, but hopefully might get released soon)
Bambi
Cinderella
Lady and the Tramp
The Little Mermaid
Peter Pan
The Jungle Book
101 Dalmatians
Sleeping Beauty
Pinocchio
Fantasia (still to be released - but the Fantasia Anthology was released very early on)

Last time I went to Disneyland Paris, I found out from one of the castmembers that some of them knew me as the Belle guy. LOL
Old 12-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #38
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Thanks for the LK info

Wow, you sound like quite a regular to Disneyland, i havent even been once yet lol
Would like to go at some point though.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:47 PM   #39
Banned

Apr 2009

I always aim to get over there twice a year. In March around my birthday and in September. It tends to be a bit quieter so there's less time waiting around for rides, and you've got more chance to get to see the characters. A lot of the castmembers know me now, and particularly last September, I got a lot of special treatment with castmembers making extra effort to pose for photo's for me. Looking forward to seeing alot of them again in March, and no doubt meeting some new people too.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:54 PM   #40
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
I always aim to get over there twice a year. In March around my birthday and in September. It tends to be a bit quieter so there's less time waiting around for rides, and you've got more chance to get to see the characters. A lot of the castmembers know me now, and particularly last September, I got a lot of special treatment with castmembers making extra effort to pose for photo's for me. Looking forward to seeing alot of them again in March, and no doubt meeting some new people too.
Sounds great all that
Makes me want to go their even more , most likely try to get their within the next few years at some point.

Sorry to ask you another question , but do you also happen to know when classics such as "Oliver & Company, Tarzan, Lilo & Stitch, etc" would likely get released on Blu? As these are not part of the Diamond collection its hard to understand when they're 'likely' to.

Do you think releases such as Oliver & Co. will actually get a Blu release ever, as the animation is not exactly perfect.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland