Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Naked Lunch 4K (Blu-ray)
£29.99
6 hrs ago
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.65

Naked Lunch (Blu-ray)
£24.99
1 day ago
House of the Dragon 4K (Blu-ray)
£40.00

Lovers Lane (Blu-ray)
£17.99
1 day ago
House of the Dragon (Blu-ray)
£25.00

Vigilante (Blu-ray)
£15.00
15 hrs ago
Maniac (Blu-ray)
£15.00
15 hrs ago
Fall (Blu-ray)
£10.00
15 hrs ago
Beast (Blu-ray)
£9.99

The Matrix Resurrections 4K (Blu-ray)
£12.14
1 day ago
In the Mood for Love (Blu-ray)
£17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 12-14-2009, 10:04 PM   #41
Banned

Apr 2009

Well, I hope all the Walt Disney Feature Animation stuff will come out eventually. I'd even like to see some of the sequels come out too, as I think some of them are pretty good.

I think the release of Dumbo signals that they are going to start releasing movies outside of the Diamond range. There are a lot of rumours about Aladdin coming next year, and Alice in Wonderland.

While I think it's a while before we'll see something like Oliver and Company (as it's just been re-released on DVD), I'd expect others to start following, maybe every 3 or 4 months, next year.

There's a new 2D Pooh movie in the works, so I can see them putting out The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh as that draws nearer.

I think it's a safe bet that we will see more and more stuff. I'd love to see the animated shorts released in definitive Blu Ray collections, but, we'll wait and see.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #42
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellesPrince View Post
Well, I hope all the Walt Disney Feature Animation stuff will come out eventually. I'd even like to see some of the sequels come out too, as I think some of them are pretty good.

I think the release of Dumbo signals that they are going to start releasing movies outside of the Diamond range. There are a lot of rumours about Aladdin coming next year, and Alice in Wonderland.

While I think it's a while before we'll see something like Oliver and Company (as it's just been re-released on DVD), I'd expect others to start following, maybe every 3 or 4 months, next year.

There's a new 2D Pooh movie in the works, so I can see them putting out The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh as that draws nearer.

I think it's a safe bet that we will see more and more stuff. I'd love to see the animated shorts released in definitive Blu Ray collections, but, we'll wait and see.
Thanks for all that

I shall buy any of the Disney animation films, havent yet watched one that i havent really enjoyed, of course i have my favourites which as you've probably noticed are Lion King, Tarzan, Oliver & Co., and then others such as Beauty & The Beast (next year ), Lilo & Stitch etc.
One of my other favourites in the diamond collection is the original '101 Dalmations', love this film, shame it probably wont be untill around 2013/2014 untill i see it on Blu
Old 12-14-2009, 10:23 PM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
UK
Send a message via MSN to Blu_Ray_UK2007

Anyone know wny the Toy Story DVDs became so rare & expensive??
Old 12-14-2009, 10:25 PM   #44
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_Ray_UK2007 View Post
Anyone know wny the Toy Story DVDs became so rare & expensive??
I may be wrong , but i think Toy Story quietly got put into the Disney vault some time ago? Which usually does not happen for Pixar films.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:24 AM   #45
Banned

Apr 2009

I think they were put in the vault, but it isn't that long ago - probably only about a year ago, 2 at the most - I remember the 2 disc sets for them both being available fairly recently.

Never really was that big a fan of 101 Dalmatians. I was always more a fan of the fairy tales and the Princesses. With a bit of luck we'll get 3 Princesses on Blu next year, Tianna, Jasmine and of course, Belle. Then it could be a year without before Cinders arrives, followed by Ariel the year after.

Of course, I look forward to the likes of Tarzan, Hercules and Hunchback on Blu too. And Fantasia 2000 should look awesome, I actually much prefer that to the original Fantasia. Love the Firebird suite, the Steadfast Tin Soldier and Donald Duck's take on Noah's Ark.

Last edited by BellesPrince; 12-15-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #46
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
Never really was that big a fan of 101 Dalmatians. I was always more a fan of the fairy tales and the Princesses. With a bit of luck we'll get 3 Princesses on Blu next year, Tianna, Jasmine and of course, Belle. Then it could be a year without before Cinders arrives, followed by Ariel the year after.

Of course, I look forward to the likes of Tarzan, Hercules and Hunchback on Blu too. And Fantasia 2000 should look awesome, I actually much prefer that to the original Fantasia. Love the Firebird suite, the Steadfast Tin Soldier and Donald Duck's take on Noah's Ark.
Yeah i think they will all look great on Blu.
Disney hasnt let us down yet with the transfers in terms of PQ/AQ.

Im hoping Disney shall release more non-diamond titles next year along with Dumbo, their are alot of rumours for 'Alice In Wonderland', mainly because of Tim Burton's one coming out next year aswell i think.
Their are also rumours of Aladdin, which would be great too, am just hoping it dosent take too long for Tarzan as this is one of my non-diamond favourites easily.

Heres hoping for some more trailers on Disney Blu-ray's earlier next year on even more non-diamond releases coming
Old 12-17-2009, 09:58 PM   #47
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Toy Story 1 & 2 have been confirmed to come out over here same day as the US

TS 1/2 will be available on 23rd March 2010.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #48
Banned

Apr 2009

Just had the following e-mail from Disney.

Quote:
Proposed releases on Blu-ray for 2010:

January 10 Things I Hate About You SE

February Surrogates
Adventureland
Up Combi (BD & DVD)
UP Superset (2 disc BD / 1 disc Disney File / 1 disc DVD)

March Crimson Wing
Toy Story Combi Pack
Toy Story 2 Combi Pack
Dumbo Combi Pack

May Princess & the Frog (hand drawn animation)

The above titles have been confirmed.

I believe Beauty and the Beast is due later in the year not yet confirmed.

I cannot confirm any of the other titles you have quoted at this time!

Merry Christmas

Kind regards

Kathie Kennedy
WDSHE - Consumer Relations
So, it sounds like we're not getting another Diamond Edition until much later in the year.

I wonder if the delay to Fantasia is to tie-in with the release of The Sorceror's Apprentice at cinema's.

A bit miffed that we're not getting any diamond edition until at least June. Though I suppose there's Up, Dumbo and the Toy Story's in Feb and March.

I was really hoping the rumours about Beauty and the Beast switching places were true. Oh well, 11 months and counting.

I'd particularly asked about rumours surrounding the Diamond Edition schedule, and about Aladdin, Alice in Wonderland and The Black Cauldron.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #49
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Have updated the list with the new titles,
and also changed the date for Princess & The Frog

It does suck about not getting Fantasia or Beauty and The Beast in the earlier part of the year though
Old 12-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #50
Banned

Apr 2009

I see you've put the Fantasia's as June. That's very much speculation on my part with The Sorceror's Apprentice appearing in cinema's and being the earliest time not covered by the e-mail from WDHE. It could quite possibly be later.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:21 PM   #51
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
I see you've put the Fantasia's as June. That's very much speculation on my part with The Sorceror's Apprentice appearing in cinema's and being the earliest time not covered by the e-mail from WDHE. It could quite possibly be later.
Yeah i put it in June as didnt really want to put it as "TBA" as it is defonatly coming in 2010, and most likely around June like you said.

Hopefully it'll get confirmed soon so i can put an exact date though.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:56 PM   #52
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Hmm, i wonder if 'Kathie Kennedy' remembers my email address by now, she seems to be the only one who replies lol.

I just sent another email about Finding Nemo and Fantasia and heres the reply within 10 minutes :

Quote:
I am unable to confirm the release date of Finding Nemo on Blu-ray as the 1 May 2010.
Fantasia date not yet released but likely December 2010.
I will try and find the answer to Finding Nemo and get back to you.
Merry Christmas to you.
Kind regards
Kathie Kennedy
December 2010 probably for Fantasia

Hopefully she'll get back to me about Nemo soon with pheraps a release date
Old 12-19-2009, 11:12 PM   #53
Banned

Apr 2009

It really sucks if there are no Diamond Editions now until the end of next year, and then 3 at once.

Unless of course, there is a decent slate of other titles coming before then, including Aladdin and Alice.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:18 PM   #54
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
It really sucks if there are no Diamond Editions now until the end of next year, and then 3 at once.

Unless of course, there is a decent slate of other titles coming before then, including Aladdin and Alice.
We can hope
Old 12-20-2009, 01:35 AM   #55
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
UK

What do you guys think of the cover for Dumbo?

Thanks for this highly informative thread.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:40 AM   #56
Banned

Apr 2009

I quite like it - Dumbo reminds me of the ride at Disneyland.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #57
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Yeah that cover looks alright
Old 12-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #58
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

The following titles have now been added to the 'rumoured' list, all for 2010 releases:

Pocahontas
The Hunchback Of Notre Dame
Tarzan
Hercules
Tron

Reason/source: Here

Really hope this prooves to be true for next year, would love especially Tarzan, Pochontas and Tron.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:39 PM   #59
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
UK

Been wanting Hercules for so long now, having held on to that old Australian VHS from 1998 for too many years.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #60
Banned

Apr 2009

Neither Hercules or Hunchback ever got a decent DVD release.

I would love to see all of those released, I love them all.

I actually think that the period following the release of The Little Mermaid right through to the end of the hand drawn films was one of the most inventive periods for Disney. All of the films were 'designed' in a way that we hadn't seen since Sleeping Beauty, with artists like Mike Mignola contributing to Atlantis and Gerard Scarfe contributing to Hercules. Pocahontas also had a very unique style (which was a little reminiscent of Sleeping Beauty with the angular look).

One would imagine that they would all be fairly straightforward to put on Blu Ray, requiring little, if any, restoration.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland