Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Three Colors 4K (Blu-ray)
$87.49
11 hrs ago
Plane 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.07
19 hrs ago
Westworld: Season Four 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.49
2 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99

The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993) (Blu-ray)
$80.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Shazam! 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
1 day ago
Spoiler Alert (Blu-ray)
$22.96
13 hrs ago
Creed II 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.71
14 hrs ago
Three Thousand Years of Longing (Blu-ray)
$16.09
10 hrs ago
Nobody (Blu-ray)
$6.99
1 day ago
Halloween Ends (Blu-ray)
$17.96
4 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 02-05-2010, 12:18 PM   #1

Jan 2010
Belgium Any Belgium members on here?

Hello,

I wanted to know if there are any Belgium people on this forum?Would be very unlikely if not I guess.Just wanted some info on ordering from Amazon and how the shipping costs are caculated and so on..Really wanna order some titles..

Grtz
Old 02-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #2

Feb 2009
Belgium

Hello fellow Belgian.

Shipping is $3.99 per order + $2.49 per disc (standard shipping).
Takes about 10-14 days to get to Belgium.
Keep you order under 22 (without shipping) otherwise you will have to pay VAT (and also custom charges if you order is over 150).
Old 02-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #3

Jan 2010

I'm from Belgium, this is my first post. I usually only read these forums.

I order a lot of Blu-ray's from Amazon.co.uk and the service is excellent. You can find the costs for delivery in their FAQ, I believe it's 1,49 per Delivery and 0.39 per item. I always get the items in the mail 2 or 3 days after I placed the order, in perfect condition.

I never ordered from another amazon site though, also I can't order American imports on Amazon.co.uk, I always get a message that they don't deliver those items in Belgium.

Last edited by racefreak619; 02-05-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #4

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefreak619 View Post
I'm from Belgium, this is my first post. I usually only read these forums.

I order a lot of Blu-ray's from Amazon.co.uk and the service is excellent. You can find the costs for delivery in their FAQ, I believe it's 1,49 per Delivery and 0.39 per item. I always get the items in the mail 2 or 3 days after I placed the order, in perfect condition.

I never ordered from another amazon site though, also I can't order American imports on Amazon.co.uk, I always get a message that they don't deliver those items in Belgium.
Welcome to Blu-ray.com racefreak619! You'll find people here from every corner of the world and it's a great community. I'm not from Belgium, but was born just north of the border in Holland. I live in Canada now though!

John
Old 02-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #5

Apr 2009
Luxembourg

I'm not from belgium either but I'm from Luxembourg which is not really far away & have ordered from the american, english, german & french amazon sites. if you got any questions, go ahead!
Old 02-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #6

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinski View Post
I'm not from belgium either but I'm from Luxembourg which is not really far away & have ordered from the american, english, german & french amazon sites. if you got any questions, go ahead!
Although you're not entirely new marvinski, welcome to Blu-ray.com as well! I drove through your beautiful country many many years ago and was most impressed. I see we now have a little BENELUX happening here!

John
Old 02-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #7

Jan 2010
Nijlen, Belgium

Hello fellow countrymen (and -women)!

It depends on which Amazon you order from

In my experience, both .co.uk and .de charge you the Belgian 21% VAT and take about 2 days to be delivered.

Never ordered from Amazon.com before...
Old 02-08-2010, 09:40 AM   #8

Aug 2007

I live in Belgium too, born and raised. Now living around Brussels. We should start a country thread! ^^
Old 02-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #9

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by blukibuken View Post
I live in Belgium too, born and raised. Now living around Brussels. We should start a country thread! ^^
I think this thread may accomplish that....just keep it alive!

John
Old 02-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #10

Dec 2009

I'm going to be going to Belgium in April. What stores have the best deals on blu-rays? Or is it all pretty awful and that's why you all order from amazon? Thanks!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #11

Jan 2010
Nijlen, Belgium
Belgium

The only store I know of that has decent prices (sub - amazon.co.uk) is a store that went out of business and is selling everything half-off.

If I do buy Belgian Blu-rays, I try to find bargains at Free Record Shops (http://www.freerecordshop.be/). Usually the larger stores (Media Markt, Saturn, ...) have incredible choice, but ridiculous prices, and I go there just for browsing.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #12

Sep 2009
Belgium
Default ...

When goods are in stock Amazon UK is the fastest service I know (mostly 2-3 till 5 days if goods are in stock - standard delivery). And it's much cheaper than other Amazon-sites.

Prices and shipping costs are very reasonable. Make sure you choose "Standard Delivery". Put currency in €.

Taxes are always 4% of the total amount.

Here you can see my latest order:

Delivery Preference: Group my items into as few deliveries as possible
Subtotal of Items: 19.54
Postage & Packing: 2.27
------
Total before VAT: 21.81
VAT: 4.59 (altijd 4%)
------
Total: 26.40
Promotional Gift Certificates: -0.00
------
Total for this order: 26.40

Delivery estimate: 3 Feb 2010 - 4 Feb 2010
Dispatch estimate for these items: 1 Feb 2010

1 "Blade Runner: The Final Cut [Blu-ray] [1982]"
Harrison Ford; Blu-ray; 10.28

Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

1 "Stardust (Special Edition) [Blu-ray] [2007]"
Sienna Miller; Blu-ray; 13.37 (PRE-ORDER 1 Feb 2010)

Ordered on January 26th. Dispatched on January 31th. Received February 3th.

For converting to € there's an option (I forgot to use this time). In that case you go to wisselkoersen.nl and you can convert the amount from Pound to Euro.

Here's a topic of international releases which contain Dutch subtitles: http://www.dvd.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=59008

Last edited by PanaPlasma; 02-08-2010 at 09:26 PM. Reason: .
Old 02-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #13

Sep 2009
Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffetfroid View Post
I'm going to be going to Belgium in April. What stores have the best deals on blu-rays? Or is it all pretty awful and that's why you all order from amazon? Thanks!
Do you live in Europe?

Blu-rays costs loads of money in Belgium

The only place where prices are quite ok is Mediamarkt in Oostakker (it's near Ghent - nice place for sightseeing ), other Mediamarkt stores are "mostly" more expensive and have less choice. In the center of Ghent there's also "Fnac" (http://www.fnac.be), quite pricey but good choice. In Brussels most of the stores are mainly oriented to the French speaking people. If you're on a touristic trip, there's are also Fnac-shops in center of Bruges and Antwerp.

Be aware with local distributors such as Dutch Fimworks, Paradiso, RCV - E Entertainment. Prices are low, but many titles are 1080i, bad aspect ratio, not so good PQ as international releases,...

Maybe it's better to save up your money for beer, fries, waffles, chocolates,... Or some cd's of local Belgian groups. Or touristic trips The Abbey of Orval in Belgian Ardens maybe .

Last edited by PanaPlasma; 02-08-2010 at 09:46 PM. Reason: .
Old 02-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #14

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanaPlasma View Post
Do you live in Europe?

Blu-rays costs loads of money in Belgium

The only place where prices are quite ok is Mediamarkt in Oostakker (it's near Ghent - nice place for sightseeing ), other Mediamarkt stores are "mostly" more expensive and have less choice. In the center of Ghent there's also "Fnac" (http://www.fnac.be), quite pricey but good choice. In Brussels most of the stores are mainly oriented to the French speaking people. If you're on a touristic trip, there's are also Fnac-shops in center of Bruges and Antwerp.

Be aware with local distributors such as Dutch Fimworks, Paradiso, RCV - E Entertainment. Prices are low, but many titles are 1080i, bad aspect ratio, not so good PQ as international releases,...

Maybe it's better to save up your money for beer, fries, waffles, chocolates,... Or some cd's of local Belgian groups. Or touristic trips The Abbey of Orval in Belgian Ardens maybe .
No, I'm from California. I think I will be going to most of those cities so I'll keep an eye out for Fnac. I'd mostly just be interested in European films that I'd have to import from Amazon UK or France. However, if they are so overpriced in stores that it'd still be cheaper to pay the overseas shipping then I probably won't get any. Thanks for all the tips! (I will definitely be spending a lot of money on beer!)
Old 02-09-2010, 07:14 PM   #15

Feb 2009
Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanaPlasma View Post
Taxes are always 4% of the total amount.

What are you talking about?
What taxes are 4%? VAT = BTW
You pay the Belgian VAT (21%) on all products instead of the 17,5% the British pay (it was 15% for them last year).
Old 02-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #16

Sep 2009
Belgium
Default ...

You're right xit2050 ... Was already late yesterday

Offtopic @ Buffetfroid: I have some copies of a book "The Best Of Belgium" (know a girl who has worked for promotional services in Belgium). If you want to receive one, just pm me your address.

You can check Fnac-website for prices: http://www.fnac.be (zoeken = search)

Last edited by PanaPlasma; 02-10-2010 at 08:39 AM. Reason: .
Old 02-10-2010, 09:30 AM   #17

Sep 2009
Belgium
Default ...

Book will be shipped by the end of the week.

There's a huge price difference between Belgium and especially UK.

Matrix Trilogy:

In UK (Amazon, Play,...) max. 25€.

In Belgium:
Fnac.be: 56,98 €
Proxis.be: 72,49 €

As Belgian resident:
I got my Matrix blu-rays within a week from Amazon!

If I order something similar in Belgium at Proxis, there are always delays. Fastest service I got from Proxis was 3 three weeks! For a new article that should ship within 48 hours. After 1 week I got the message the release in Belgium was delayed (while the article was already sold in every multimedia shop such as Fnac, Mediamarkt, Saturn, Free Record Shop,...)!!!
I did three orders in past with Proxis, always delays till 2-3 months for quite new articles.

Harry Potter year 1-5:

Proxis.be: 93,48 €
Fnac.be: 99,99 €
Cosmox.be: 104,99 €
Mediadis.be: 109,99 €
Freerecordshop.be: 121,99 €
Azur.be: 91,99€ (Sale!!! normal price 132,99€)

Amazon.co.uk: less than 70€. I bought it few months ago at Amazon for less than 50€. Price has increased for this one (almost OOS > new box year 1-6)

Last edited by PanaPlasma; 02-10-2010 at 09:45 AM. Reason: .
Old 02-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #18

Jan 2010

Avoid Blu-ray's in Belgium, prices are ridiculous. I only buy movies in the stores here that aren't released yet in the UK (very rare) or when they have a special steelbook edition (Terminator Salvation, they didn't have that one on amazon.co.uk)
Old 02-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #19

Feb 2009
Belgium

Quote:
Avoid Blu-ray's in Belgium
Avoid anything in Belgium.

I buy everything I can abroad: France, Germany, UK, US, China.
Everything arrives faster, newest models, and a lot cheaper.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:12 PM   #20

Sep 2009
Belgium

Quote:
Avoid Blu-ray's in Belgium, prices are ridiculous. I only buy movies in the stores here that aren't released yet in the UK (very rare) or when they have a special steelbook edition (Terminator Salvation, they didn't have that one on amazon.co.uk)
100% right.

Only when I need dutch subtitles I buy the Benelux version. Or special editions (steelbook,...). Otherwise never. There aren't many interesting Belgian or Dutch movies, so you won't miss much.

Same for cd's ... Except some Belgian stuff I never buy them here.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Benelux (Dutch)