Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
House of the Dragon 4K (Blu-ray)
£40.00
11 hrs ago
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.65

Elvis 4K (Blu-ray)
£12.99
1 day ago
Westworld: Season Four - The Choice (Blu-ray)
£24.99

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
£28.33

The Matrix Resurrections 4K (Blu-ray)
£12.78
1 day ago
Last Action Hero 4K (Blu-ray)
£11.99

Terrifier: The Bloody Duo - Two Film Collection (Blu-ray)
£14.99

The Revenant (Blu-ray)
£1.90

Electric Dragon 80.000 V (Blu-ray)
£24.99
1 day ago
The Final Programme (Blu-ray)
£14.99
1 day ago
Punk Samurai (Blu-ray)
£24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 02-05-2011, 01:43 AM   #21
Power Member

Dec 2008

I am waiting for the 2nd release of Battle Royale. Didn't anyone else think the first BD release didn't fit lookwise in the collection of other Arrow releases? Well that's why I'm waiting and waiting and waiting..

I also have Arrow's Dawn of the Dead on BD. Although I think it is the best version available anywhere I think the definitive cover art is missing. I like my OLD AB DVD's cover art more. One good reason for not to sell the DVD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompa View Post
Yes, i agree that they are a great studio. It`s one of my favourite studios. I have several BDs from them. I also think they have a great forum. http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-video-sub-forum/
You probably know they are a distributor and not a studio..
Old 02-05-2011, 06:18 AM   #22

Jul 2010

Anybody know a good place to buy these in the US? I tried to buy them from amazon.co.uk but the were unable to ship them over here for me
Old 02-05-2011, 06:45 AM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Virginia Beach, VA

I own Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead but will soon get all of Arrow's releases. Not sure about getting Caliglia or Battle Royale.
Arrow more Argento, Mario Bava, Fulci. Need some Lamberto Bava (Demons, Demons 2) and Michele Soavi (Cemetery Man).
Old 02-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJE-187 View Post
Anybody know a good place to buy these in the US? I tried to buy them from amazon.co.uk but the were unable to ship them over here for me
Amazon.co.uk refused to ship them? Never heard of that.

Try HMV:

Dawn of The Dead http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=232577

Day of The Dead http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=306505
Old 02-05-2011, 07:55 AM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Virginia Beach, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
Amazon.co.uk refused to ship them? Never heard of that.

Try HMV:

Dawn of The Dead http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=232577

Day of The Dead http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=306505
Sweet thanks, better prices on the other Arrow movies I want.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:15 AM   #26
Special Member

Jul 2010
Brisbane, QLD Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
They are carefully opened from the side so that the blu-ray case can get out. All my slipcases are like that. (the ones that come with a shrinkwrap at least)
Haha, I do exactly the same. It's a task that sometimes takes perfect precision.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #27

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leterface View Post
I am waiting for the 2nd release of Battle Royale. Didn't anyone else think the first BD release didn't fit lookwise in the collection of other Arrow releases? Well that's why I'm waiting and waiting and waiting..

You probably know they are a distributor and not a studio..
Im also waiting for the 2nd release, got the first one, but i wil try to collect all arrow editions that has the same type of packaging with all the goodies
Old 02-06-2011, 07:54 AM   #28
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009
UK

The BR re-release is due at end of the month I see:

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/1...n/Product.html
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=812705
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004CSKCS6

Always liked the idea of BR but really didn't like the film.

Great set for fans though.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #29
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Denmark

I already have City of the Living dead and the Battle Royale limited edition.. I just ordered Deep Red and The Beyond as well! These releases are beyond awesome!
Old 02-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #30
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009
Scotland, UK

Just found this video on the Amazon listing of the 2nd Battle Royale release, Arrow showreel.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #31
Special Member

Nov 2010
Ballina, NSW, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSimonH View Post
Just found this video on the Amazon listing of the 2nd Battle Royale release, Arrow showreel.
That was cool. Are most of these films worth blind buying?
Old 02-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYBALLINA View Post
That was cool. Are most of these films worth blind buying?
Of the blus: Dawn, Day, Inferno, Deep Red and Battle Royale are essential movies no question. Bay of Blood may be worth a look. I'd personally avoid Caligula and City as they are stinkers (the films themselves not the bonus material, transfers and packaging which Arrow have presented very well)
Old 02-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #33

Jan 2010

As much as I appreciate Arrow putting so much effort into these releases, I would like if they were available as just a standard amaray case as well.

We pay a premium for this packaging which is essentially just a few extra pieces of paper and card. Nice stuff for collectors, but you can't pick up any of these blu's for less than 15 quid usually.

Generally speaking, these are obscure-ish 70's & 80's horror movies and would/should be selling for 6-8 quid if sold as a standard amaray.

After all, it's the content on the disc that I'm interested in....
Old 02-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #34
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
We pay a premium for this packaging which is essentially just a few extra pieces of paper and card. Nice stuff for collectors, but you can't pick up any of these blu's for less than 15 quid usually.
Never went over 10 for mine. They do all come in Amaray style as you know anyway.

The last thing we want is to be complaining abot a distributor going to great lengths to carefully produce wonderful releases like these which everyone appreciates. I don't see many threads on other distributors applauding their releases except maybe Criterion and certainly none in the UK.

We have to support these releases or we'll end up with shite ASDA pile 'em high only.

You either buy into the label or look elsewhere and get MUCH less.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #35

Apr 2010

Could someone please post the region coding for each release & if the special features are PAL? Thank you!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #36
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Sheffield

Quote:
Never went over 10 for mine. They do all come in Amaray style as you know anyway.
Where do you get them for less than 10?
Old 02-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #37
Special Member

Feb 2010

Quote:

The last thing we want is to be complaining abot a distributor going to great lengths to carefully produce wonderful releases like these which everyone appreciates. I don't see many threads on other distributors applauding their releases except maybe Criterion and certainly none in the UK.

We have to support these releases or we'll end up with shite ASDA pile 'em high only.

You either buy into the label or look elsewhere and get MUCH less.
+1
Old 02-06-2011, 09:48 PM   #38
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009
Scotland, UK

Quote:
As much as I appreciate Arrow putting so much effort into these releases, I would like if they were available as just a standard amaray case as well.

Generally speaking, these are obscure-ish 70's & 80's horror movies and would/should be selling for 6-8 quid if sold as a standard amaray.

After all, it's the content on the disc that I'm interested in....
If you want run of the mill, standard amaray 1 disc sets with the film and a trailer for 8 then you really have to go elsewhere.
There are so called collectors editions by other labels that are a lot more expensive than Arrows standard sets, but have a lot less content.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:54 AM   #39

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSimonH View Post
If you want run of the mill, standard amaray 1 disc sets with the film and a trailer for 8 then you really have to go elsewhere.
There are so called collectors editions by other labels that are a lot more expensive than Arrows standard sets, but have a lot less content.
I didn't say I wanted a blu-ray with none of the extra features.... There's plenty of sub 10 blu's packed with extra features.

My point was, I think we're paying 5+ extra for the privilege of having a cardboard slipcase and few other extra pieces of glossy paper. A lot of people like this stuff, I personally don't care for it, especially these Arrow covers that fill a third of the cover with a white surround. I also don't really want to see a row of similar white spines on my shelves either. I probably will end up buying them at some point though as the films they release are right up my street

Like I said, I do appreciate the effort Arrow put in to the actual content on these discs. Ok, 6 is probably being a bit unrealistic, but it would be good if these were available in the 8-10 price range, they are old obscure horror films after all.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:55 AM   #40
Special Member

Nov 2010
Ballina, NSW, Australia

Quote:

Like I said, I do appreciate the effort Arrow put in to the actual content on these discs. Ok, 6 is probably being a bit unrealistic, but it would be good if these were available in the 8-10 price range, they are old obscure horror films after all.
Thats the thing mate and that's what make them more expensive. They are obscure titles and if you have a look on Amazon you will find that alot of these types of film's (older/obscure and World Cinema) are more expensive than everyday titles. To me the prices are well worth it.

I have no idea whether 15 pounds is expensive over there, but it works out to be around $22ish AUS dollars, which isn't very much at all. Keeping in mind that you can't these titles over here and that most catalogue titles get released for around $15-$20 here makes these friggin good value.

You get what you pay for and IMO these Arrow releases shit all over standard Blu ray releases.

I love movies, but when I can get awesome editions like these I love it. To me its not only just about the film, but the packaging, goodies etc too. It all makes for a complete experience for me.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland