Best Prime Deals

Best Prime Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness UHD (Prime)
$9.99

Nope UHD (Prime)
$9.99

Thor: Love and Thunder HD (Prime)
$9.99

The Menu UHD (Prime)
$9.99
3 hrs ago
Vanilla Sky UHD (Prime)
$4.99
2 hrs ago
Thor: Love and Thunder HD (Prime)
$9.99

Eternals HD (Prime)
$9.99

Thor: Ragnarok HD (Prime)
$9.99

Doctor Strange UHD (Prime)
$9.99

Smile UHD (Prime)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
Bullet Train (Prime)
$4.99

The Apartment HD (Prime)
$4.99
27 min ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 05-31-2014, 12:51 AM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
It looks like Amazon has lost the streaming rights to Sherlock. Season 3 is heading to Netflix starting next week, along with seasons 1 and 2 (which appear to have already been pulled from Amazon Prime).

'Sherlock' Season 3 will stream as a Netflix exclusive next week
Wow, I was just about to put a hold on my Netflix account since I haven't been watching it lately. Thanks for the heads up! (Waiting for the price on the BD sets to go down, but they don't go very low...)

Hopefully S4 of Downton Abbey makes it to Prime Instant Video soon.
Old 05-31-2014, 02:16 AM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticmoon View Post
Wow, I was just about to put a hold on my Netflix account since I haven't been watching it lately. Thanks for the heads up! (Waiting for the price on the BD sets to go down, but they don't go very low...)

Hopefully S4 of Downton Abbey makes it to Prime Instant Video soon.
Looks like it's coming to Amazon Prime on June 23:

New movies on Netflix and Amazon for June
Old 05-31-2014, 09:01 AM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
Looks like it's coming to Amazon Prime on June 23:

New movies on Netflix and Amazon for June
Good news! Thanks for that info as well.

Clearly, I need to do more research, lol.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:36 AM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
N. Texas

I do not have a Netflix subscription, but I have decided to give Amazon Prime a try for a year. I do order things from Amazon, and the free 2-day shipping is nice. Also, it's nice to have a text to let me know that my shipment has been delivered to my PO Box.

I have watched several movies on Amazon Instant Video. The audio sounds great, even over the TV speakers. The HD picture is nice.

So, I'll see after a year, if I think it's worth re-subscribing to Amazon Prime. It's much too early to tell now.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:23 PM   #25

Feb 2014
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye Candy View Post
I do not have a Netflix subscription, but I have decided to give Amazon Prime a try for a year. I do order things from Amazon, and the free 2-day shipping is nice. Also, it's nice to have a text to let me know that my shipment has been delivered to my PO Box.

I have watched several movies on Amazon Instant Video. The audio sounds great, even over the TV speakers. The HD picture is nice.

So, I'll see after a year, if I think it's worth re-subscribing to Amazon Prime. It's much too early to tell now.
I have been using it over a year and just renewed. I have been very pleased with the programming(Justified is great) and the free 2 day shipping has been great for holiday shopping. They have a lot of kids programming also.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:05 AM   #26

Nov 2009
No.

Uber disappointed that Amazon have decided not to renew their contract with the BBC and have removed almost all free (after the annual fee) programmes. The Beeb was my main reason to be with Prime, and the 'exclusive' only area Amazon's pursuing isn't something I'm interested in, putting it mildly (and after all, having less choice across the board isn't something I wish to support, now and especially long-term. In a way it reminds me of pre-order bonuses with games, depending on where you buy them, except on a far larger scale). Top Gear and Doctor Who (to name but two) are excellent shows and it's a shame I have to go elsewhere.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:03 PM   #27
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Apr 2011
England

Sure I read somewhere the BBC are bringing out a digital store soon. Don't know if it's subscription or sell-through though. Maybe that's the reason.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:10 PM   #28

Nov 2009
No.

I've not heard of that; then again, I don't tend to be 'up' on these things too much. Pie in the sky, I imagine, but I'd love a subscription-based Beeb service (I know, I know, it's essentially called the licence fee in the UK ) internationally, as their content is definitely what I watch the most when it comes to content. BBC America is an option, I know, but is obviously not a 'true' BBC channel though (/not owned by them)... Still, I wish even that was more affordable, but I can't get it because it's tied in with the more expensive cable options, plus it's more convenient to me to stream content (not least because my cable company seems to want to offer me constantly freezing image/audio as a Deluxe feature).
Old 02-27-2015, 10:00 AM   #29
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peanut Monkey View Post
I've not heard of that; then again, I don't tend to be 'up' on these things too much. Pie in the sky, I imagine, but I'd love a subscription-based Beeb service (I know, I know, it's essentially called the licence fee in the UK ) internationally, as their content is definitely what I watch the most when it comes to content. BBC America is an option, I know, but is obviously not a 'true' BBC channel though (/not owned by them)... Still, I wish even that was more affordable, but I can't get it because it's tied in with the more expensive cable options, plus it's more convenient to me to stream content (not least because my cable company seems to want to offer me constantly freezing image/audio as a Deluxe feature).
Yeah, I love the BBC. Their Iplayer streaming service (catch up) is very highly regarded and I see a time when they scrap the licence fee and go subscription only. I just hope they don't start with adverts as that is the big appeal of the channel for me (no interruptions) do you guys get channel 4 over there?
Old 03-07-2015, 06:55 PM   #30

Feb 2013

Another bonus of Prime is 2 free kindle first e-books a month:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/kindle/first/
Old 03-07-2015, 06:59 PM   #31
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2013
Twin Cities, MN
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

I've been using it quite a bit lately, and I've found it to be getting better and better.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:06 PM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
NC

Amazon, Hulu, and I'm sure others are currently bidding on the rights to stream Seinfeld. This would be a big boost to AIV.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:23 AM   #33
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010
Baker,Florida

Amazon Instant has just recently added Tusk. Its definitely not for everybody but if you like out there movies then definitely give it a watch.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:46 AM   #34

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiek3 View Post
Another bonus of Prime is 2 free kindle first e-books a month:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/kindle/first/
February and March had 2 free each month.
April only has 1 free.
Still 4 choices to pick from.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:25 PM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

I use it, but the interface on my Sony BD player sucks and only displays the bitrate and not the actual resolution, and it doesn't look as good as Vudu or Netflix. I wish I'd gotten a different player, but hey, hindsight is 20-20. And not being able to use it with Chromecast on my iPhone is a colossal pain.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:05 PM   #36

Apr 2015

I'm just finishing my free trial of Prime. For video streaming I wasn't overly impressed. Yes, I watched a few good films I might have not have noticed otherwise, but many titles I had in mind were not on the free stream, and would be an additional charge.

I watch Netflix, and last night watched a Craig Ferguson stand-up special that Amazon only had for a $9.99 purchase.

I don't watch enough stuff (or purchase enough from Amazon) to justify the $99 yearly fee. YMMV.....
Old 06-05-2015, 04:12 PM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Honestly, I don't find any of the monthly subscription services, including Netflix, to be the greatest for watching movies, since they are always pretty limited. I mean, there is some good stuff in there, but chances are that if you are looking for something specific, you won't find it, especially since newer releases usually aren't on the service. But that's just the nature of it. They're definitely good if you have a TV series or two you want to catch though, even Amazon Prime. I don't have Prime right now, but I might get it again once I catch up on some TV series that I'm watching that are exclusive to Netflix.

Anyway, anybody know if Downton Abbey season 5 is coming to Prime soon? Season 4 came to Prime in June last year (which I found out thanks to bsweetness in this thread), but when I came across a list for what's coming to Prime this month, I didn't see it listed.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:52 AM   #38
Power Member

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticmoon View Post
Honestly, I don't find any of the monthly subscription services, including Netflix, to be the greatest for watching movies, since they are always pretty limited. I mean, there is some good stuff in there, but chances are that if you are looking for something specific, you won't find it, especially since newer releases usually aren't on the service. But that's just the nature of it. They're definitely good if you have a TV series or two you want to catch though, even Amazon Prime. I don't have Prime right now, but I might get it again once I catch up on some TV series that I'm watching that are exclusive to Netflix.

Anyway, anybody know if Downton Abbey season 5 is coming to Prime soon? Season 4 came to Prime in June last year (which I found out thanks to bsweetness in this thread), but when I came across a list for what's coming to Prime this month, I didn't see it listed.
It's now available.
http://smile.amazon.com/Season-5-Sne...3T485JT4KKRQ8D
Old 07-19-2015, 06:46 PM   #39
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

Prime Instant Video is the frackin' business. UK Netflix is like a paid version of iPlayer and the cost of a VPN on top to use the American version just isn't worth it at all to me. I picked up Prime in the sale just because of how Amazon have been dealing with the postage costs lately and never expected to use the streaming service but once I saw the selection, my mind was changed INSTANTLY.

In comparison to the US, the UK DVD and BD selection is a drop of water in the middle of the ocean, sure we get most of the mainstream, modern stuff, but a lot of the greatest of cult classics never make it over, lost in a shitstorm of rights issues and yet... there it all is, just waiting to be explored on Prime. BD quality always wins, the quality is often subpar on Prime I find, but the selection is fast making Prime my go to place over actual physical copies right now.
Thanks given by:
BDavis197 (07-19-2015), jbloggs (07-28-2015)
Old 07-22-2015, 01:10 PM   #40
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Scottsdale, AZ

All seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm will be available on Prime in early August.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Amazon Prime Video