Best iTunes Movie Deals


Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Waterworld (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Black Adam (iTunes)
$12.99
1 day ago
Buddy Comedy Pack (iTunes)
$19.99
 
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Double Indemnity (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Must-Watch Comedy 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
The Finest Hours (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Patriot Games (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Must-Watch Sci-Fi 5-Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99
 
Clear and Present Danger (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Forgetting Sarah Marshall (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 06:21 PM   #21
Go_Blu Go_Blu is offline
Active Member
 
Go_Blu's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Ann Arbor
289
128
Default Question

My question/concern would be after youn redeem your itunes code and it does show up in your purchased section is there any way you can lose that movie? I keep reading in other areas that if the studio goes under your movie will be gone. Would it be different if you just bought the movie from it use instead of buying codes for 2 or 3 dollars?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:34 PM   #22
Superville8 Superville8 is offline
Active Member
 
Superville8's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
Texas
136
168
108
24
20
Question

Is there a list of XML codes somewhere and how do I use one?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:10 PM   #23
TheGeneral TheGeneral is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
TheGeneral's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
121
585
10
39
1270
6319
4
4
181
Question

Rather than start my own thread for it, hopefully thought someone here might be able to better help:

I've never had much use for iTunes movies before the last year or so, but still would redeem codes for them and had them just sitting in my iTunes library for the occasional need to put on an iPad or something like that.

Now with purchasing an Apple TV, iTunes movies come in much more handy now so I've been trying to get more for use on there.

My question is, I have several movies in my library that don't show up with the rest of my movies on the Apple TV (or even sometimes on other computers even though using the same login account). I contacted iTunes and they said just from my describing it it must have been an issue of those movies not showing up elsewhere being because they were downloaded already, while the others (that do show up everywhere) hadn't been.

I'm not sure why I would have ever downloaded the certain ones that are saying that, but I guess I'm mainly trying to figure out...the ones that say they've been "downloaded", is there a way to still get them to show up in the cloud across other libraries and ultimately, on apple tv??
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:13 PM   #24
AnimalChin AnimalChin is offline
Special Member
 
AnimalChin's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Los Angeles
283
2
259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
Rather than start my own thread for it, hopefully thought someone here might be able to better help:

I've never had much use for iTunes movies before the last year or so, but still would redeem codes for them and had them just sitting in my iTunes library for the occasional need to put on an iPad or something like that.

Now with purchasing an Apple TV, iTunes movies come in much more handy now so I've been trying to get more for use on there.

My question is, I have several movies in my library that don't show up with the rest of my movies on the Apple TV (or even sometimes on other computers even though using the same login account). I contacted iTunes and they said just from my describing it it must have been an issue of those movies not showing up elsewhere being because they were downloaded already, while the others (that do show up everywhere) hadn't been.

I'm not sure why I would have ever downloaded the certain ones that are saying that, but I guess I'm mainly trying to figure out...the ones that say they've been "downloaded", is there a way to still get them to show up in the cloud across other libraries and ultimately, on apple tv??
Are they saying they're not available on the cloud? If so, you could try airplay
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:15 PM   #25
TheGeneral TheGeneral is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
TheGeneral's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
121
585
10
39
1270
6319
4
4
181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalChin View Post
Are they saying they're not available on the cloud? If so, you could try airplay
Yeah I think its showing as not available on the cloud,
Idk all the other ones in my library have a cloud icon on them (the ones that do show up across different computers / on apple tv) but the ones that dont all just have a play icon on them in place of the cloud icon
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:18 PM   #26
unsung122212 unsung122212 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Dec 2012
173
1756
122
2277
277
228
Default

@ TheGeneral, which movies aren't showing up? It doesn't matter if you download a movie to a hard drive when it comes to using the iCloud for devices that don't have them downloaded to it. I have all my movies/tv shows downloaded to my PC and I can stream them to other devices through the iCloud. Only movies that aren't iCloud compatible won't show up in you library unless it has been downloaded to your hard drive.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:20 PM   #27
AnimalChin AnimalChin is offline
Special Member
 
AnimalChin's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Los Angeles
283
2
259
Default

If you've downloaded them you could try airplay otherwise you can wait, movie come and go from the cloud. The number of movies in my library is constantly changing
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:28 PM   #28
TheGeneral TheGeneral is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
TheGeneral's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
121
585
10
39
1270
6319
4
4
181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsung122212 View Post
@ TheGeneral, which movies aren't showing up? It doesn't matter if you download a movie to a hard drive when it comes to using the iCloud for devices that don't have them downloaded to it. I have all my movies/tv shows downloaded to my PC and I can stream them to other devices through the iCloud. Only movies that aren't iCloud compatible won't show up in you library unless it has been downloaded to your hard drive.
Yeah I just found a folder on my computer with downloaded versions of the movies I'm having trouble getting in the cloud.
To name a few, they include: The FIghter, all 3 Lord of the Rings extended versions, Fast and Furious #4, Mission Impossible #4, Prince of Persia, Xmen 1st class, Harry Potter 7.1

all of them have actual files of each movie.... would deleting those do anything to make it go back to being in the cloud for those then?

**also, Iron Man 2 is one that seems to be downloaded and that I have a copy of the file on my computer...but that one is the only one from this list that is also shown in apple tv

Last edited by TheGeneral; 03-19-2014 at 11:32 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:29 PM   #29
TheGeneral TheGeneral is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
TheGeneral's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
121
585
10
39
1270
6319
4
4
181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalChin View Post
If you've downloaded them you could try airplay otherwise you can wait, movie come and go from the cloud. The number of movies in my library is constantly changing
Yeah that's true, but without constant access to the same computers it'd be easier if they just show up across the board everywhere if possible
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:33 PM   #30
AnimalChin AnimalChin is offline
Special Member
 
AnimalChin's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Los Angeles
283
2
259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
Yeah I just found a folder on my computer with downloaded versions of the movies I'm having trouble getting in the cloud.
To name a few, they include: The FIghter, all 3 Lord of the Rings extended versions, Fast and Furious #4, Mission Impossible #4, Prince of Persia, Xmen 1st class, Harry Potter 7.1

all of them have actual files of each movie.... would deleting those do anything to make it go back to being in the cloud for those then?

**also, Iron Man 2 is one that seems to be downloaded and that I have a copy of the file on my computer...but that one is the only one from this list that is also shown in apple tv
having them on your computer won't change their cloud availability
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:42 PM   #31
TheGeneral TheGeneral is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
TheGeneral's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
121
585
10
39
1270
6319
4
4
181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalChin View Post
having them on your computer won't change their cloud availability
oh ok
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:51 PM   #32
AnimalChin AnimalChin is offline
Special Member
 
AnimalChin's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Los Angeles
283
2
259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
oh ok
I know, it sucks. I couldn't watch a few of my movies for the longest time because they weren't on the cloud and I didn't have the digital disc. A good thing (or bad depending on how you look at it) is they change availability constantly so it's possible your movies will show up soon
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:53 PM   #33
TheGeneral TheGeneral is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
TheGeneral's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
121
585
10
39
1270
6319
4
4
181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalChin View Post
I know, it sucks. I couldn't watch a few of my movies for the longest time because they weren't on the cloud and I didn't have the digital disc. A good thing (or bad depending on how you look at it) is they change availability constantly so it's possible your movies will show up soon
does having the digital copy disc make a difference? I believe I have access to all of them still for the ones not showing as in cloud, if that'd change anything...?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:58 PM   #34
AnimalChin AnimalChin is offline
Special Member
 
AnimalChin's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Los Angeles
283
2
259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
does having the digital copy disc make a difference? I believe I have access to all of them still for the ones not showing as in cloud, if that'd change anything...?
Separate issue from streaming

I deleted a bunch to free up space on my computer and when they got pulled from the cloud I had no way to getting them back without the disc
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:59 PM   #35
unsung122212 unsung122212 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Dec 2012
173
1756
122
2277
277
228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
Yeah I just found a folder on my computer with downloaded versions of the movies I'm having trouble getting in the cloud.
To name a few, they include: The FIghter, all 3 Lord of the Rings extended versions, Fast and Furious #4, Mission Impossible #4, Prince of Persia, Xmen 1st class, Harry Potter 7.1

all of them have actual files of each movie.... would deleting those do anything to make it go back to being in the cloud for those then?

**also, Iron Man 2 is one that seems to be downloaded and that I have a copy of the file on my computer...but that one is the only one from this list that is also shown in apple tv
Deleting those files from your iTunes library really shouldn't matter, but you could always try. Just keep the file when deleting the file from iTunes. Those are iCloud compatible, (LOTR EE, FF4 and M I 4 show up in my cloud), and I believe LOTR EE DCs had a change in file size. When I deleted original copies from my library, but kept the file on my hard drive, and re-downloaded the movie to see if they would also include extras, I noticed the movie file size was slightly smaller than the original. Perhaps it could be that those films might have been replaced with an updated copy, and the account stills shows the old files instead of the new ones in your iCloud folder. Deleting the file could correct it, but I doubt that is the case.

You always have the home sharing option if you use wifi at home.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:00 AM   #36
TheGeneral TheGeneral is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
TheGeneral's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
121
585
10
39
1270
6319
4
4
181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalChin View Post
Separate issue from streaming

I deleted a bunch to free up space on my computer and when they got pulled from the cloud I had no way to getting them back without the disc
ohhh i see

thanks 4 all the input anyways

Last edited by TheGeneral; 03-20-2014 at 12:02 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:04 AM   #37
TheGeneral TheGeneral is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
TheGeneral's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
121
585
10
39
1270
6319
4
4
181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsung122212 View Post
Deleting those files from your iTunes library really shouldn't matter, but you could always try. Just keep the file when deleting the file from iTunes. Those are iCloud compatible, (LOTR EE, FF4 and M I 4 show up in my cloud), and I believe LOTR EE DCs had a change in file size. When I deleted original copies from my library, but kept the file on my hard drive, and re-downloaded the movie to see if they would also include extras, I noticed the movie file size was slightly smaller than the original. Perhaps it could be that those films might have been replaced with an updated copy, and the account stills shows the old files instead of the new ones in your iCloud folder. Deleting the file could correct it, but I doubt that is the case.

You always have the home sharing option if you use wifi at home.

Ahhh ok, I see
Thanks for the input

i tried the home sharing option before, it doesn't do anything though that's when I noticed that with my different computers, even though all use the same login, all also have different things show up in the library...and only 1 of the 3 comps is what is actually synced with my apple tv...even though they all have sharing on


Might just try re-contacting iTunes support to see if they have an explanation or way to do so [esp if at least those u mentioned are showing up in cloud, they obviously should be then at the very least]

thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:13 AM   #38
unsung122212 unsung122212 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Dec 2012
173
1756
122
2277
277
228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
Ahhh ok, I see
Thanks for the input

i tried the home sharing option before, it doesn't do anything though that's when I noticed that with my different computers, even though all use the same login, all also have different things show up in the library...and only 1 of the 3 comps is what is actually synced with my apple tv...even though they all have sharing on


Might just try re-contacting iTunes support to see if they have an explanation or way to do so [esp if at least those u mentioned are showing up in cloud, they obviously should be then at the very least]

thanks


The ones I mentioned I were the only ones that I have from the list you provided.

Home Sharing will only share the physical files that have been added to the iTunes library on the computer. So, if you have something in the cloud, but not downloaded on that computer, it won't show up thru Home Sharing. It's like a personal iCloud for you PC, but limited to being the same network as the PC is to access it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:56 AM   #39
TheGeneral TheGeneral is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
TheGeneral's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
121
585
10
39
1270
6319
4
4
181
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsung122212 View Post
The ones I mentioned I were the only ones that I have from the list you provided.

Home Sharing will only share the physical files that have been added to the iTunes library on the computer. So, if you have something in the cloud, but not downloaded on that computer, it won't show up thru Home Sharing. It's like a personal iCloud for you PC, but limited to being the same network as the PC is to access it.

Ahhh ok gotcha, that makes sense
thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:10 PM   #40
jeloid jeloid is offline
Active Member
 
jeloid's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
united states
25
194
9
61
55
1
193
Default

I have a few itunes movies that do not show up in blu ray.coms database.

The Mysteries of Lisbon

Poetry

The Scent of Green Papaya

how can I get them in the database here so that I can add them to my collection?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:48 AM.