Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993) (Blu-ray)
$80.99

Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 day ago
Heart of Dragon (Blu-ray)
$26.99
1 day ago
Halloween Ends 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
1 day ago
Black Adam 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
1 day ago
The Fly Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

The Conjuring Universe 7-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.35

Memoirs of a Geisha (Blu-ray)
$6.99
1 day ago
Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$167.67

Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 03-26-2014, 03:23 PM   #1

Jun 2011
Indianapolis, USA
Brazil Frozen with Brazilian Portuguese

If anybody has found a version of Frozen (2D or 3D, but preferably 3D) with Brazilian Portuguese audio, could you please post the information here?

It looks like the UK, South Korean, and Spain versions may have Portuguese, but I'm not sure about the region situation, or if it will be Brazilian or European.

I believe the UK version has already been released, but it looks like Spain was just released today and South Korea is in mid-April?

And if somebody has a source for the Brazilian Blu-ray at a reasonable price shipped to the US, that would also work!

Thanks!
Old 03-26-2014, 04:25 PM   #2

Sep 2011
Recife-PE / Brazil
Send a message via ICQ to ThiagoPE Send a message via MSN to ThiagoPE Send a message via Skype™ to ThiagoPE

Brazilian Portuguese will be available in Asia. The Portuguese in European editions are Portugal. If you need I can send it for you when it be released here, just Brazilian prices are not reasonable, R$90 (about 38 dollars) plus R$20 of shipping .
Old 03-26-2014, 04:51 PM   #3

Jun 2011
Indianapolis, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThiagoPE View Post
Brazilian Portuguese will be available in Asia. The Portuguese in European editions are Portugal. If you need I can send it for you when it be released here, just Brazilian prices are not reasonable, R$90 (about 38 dollars) plus R$20 of shipping .
Thanks! If that's the price for the 3D version, then I may have to take you up on that. I have found that the Asian prices aren't that great either.

I'm also keeping an eye on the Mexican media store "Mix Up": http://www.mixup.com.mx/mixup/

But so far, Frozen on Blu-ray is not listed on the site yet.

I have found that Mexican-market Blu-rays (and DVD's) frequently have Brazilian Portuguese options. And best of all, the prices are often cheaper than US prices, and shipping to the US is reasonable.

But for some reason the blu-ray.com database doesn't do a good job of cataloging Mexican Blu-rays. Too bad, since Mexico is a great source for titles with Portuguese. I have had to manually add several Mexican Blu-rays to the database after I bought them.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:09 PM   #4

Sep 2011
Recife-PE / Brazil
Send a message via ICQ to ThiagoPE Send a message via MSN to ThiagoPE Send a message via Skype™ to ThiagoPE

By what I know, most Mexican releases in bluray are mirrors from the American version, which always comes with Mexican/Latin Spanish. Disney released some movies with Portuguese in USA recently, so, those are the same as Mexico.

And yes, that's the price for 3D, for the 2D is R$60
Old 03-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #5

Jun 2011
Indianapolis, USA

Quote:
By what I know, most Mexican releases in bluray are mirrors from the American version, which always comes with Mexican/Latin Spanish. Disney released some movies with Portuguese in USA recently, so, those are the same as Mexico.
Maybe a lot of them are duplicates, but a lot are not. Here is a list of Mexican Blu-rays I've bought from Mixup that have Portuguese, even though the American versions do not:

Dumbo
Rio
(500) Days of Summer
Let Me In
Titanic
Coraline 3D
Coco Before Chanel
Planet of the Apes (1968)
Tinker Bell
Walk the Line
Blades of Glory

And when I couldn't find the original "Rocky" Blu-ray anywhere with Portuguese, I was able to at least buy the Mexican DVD with Portuguese.

I also have a bunch of Blu-rays on my Mixup wishlist that have Portuguese when the American version does not.

So if you can't find a title anywhere else with Portuguese, it's worth checking Mixup or other Mexican stores.

Quote:
yes, that's the price for 3D, for the 2D is R$60
Excellent, thanks for volunteering to help out. If you want to send me a PM when it's available, that's probably going to be my best option.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:20 PM   #6

Sep 2011
Recife-PE / Brazil

It will be available in 9 of April.

When I said that about Mexican blu-ray s I was talking only about Disney releases. Anyway it's good to know that.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:36 PM   #7

Jun 2011
Indianapolis, USA

Quote:
When I said that about Mexican blu-ray s I was talking only about Disney releases. Anyway it's good to know that.
I don't know what Disney normally does, but it looks like at least 'Dumbo' and 'Tinker Bell' were different for the Mexican market.

For some reason Dumbo was actually available in Mexico well before the US, so I got it way early.

Last edited by Edgar_in_Indy; 03-26-2014 at 10:08 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Portuguese