Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993) (Blu-ray)
$80.99

Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99

Shazam! 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
1 day ago
Plane 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.07
2 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Heart of Dragon (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Nobody (Blu-ray)
$6.99
1 day ago
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Halloween Ends 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Conjuring Universe 7-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Black Adam 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.35

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Portuguese

Old 12-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #1

Jun 2011
Indianapolis, USA
Default Suitcase full of Blu-rays smuggled out of Brazil!

My wife's father just got back from spending a month in Brazil, and he came back with a suitcase full of Blu-rays I ordered while he was there. A big thanks to Thiago for helping out with links to the best online stores and directing me to the sales!

Here's what he brought back (You can click on the pictures for a larger version):

A lot of these were movies that I had not been able to find elsewhere with Portuguese (3:10 to Yuma, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Crash, The Pillars of the Earth, Divergent, etc), so I'm thrilled to get them, and at such good prices. The dollar is high right now, so that probably helped me, and I was thrilled to get Disney Blu-rays for $7.

The only bad thing is that my father-in-law accidentally ordered the "DVD + Blu-ray" of Maleficent that is in a DVD-style case. I guess it's not a big deal, but it doesn't match the rest of my collection, and it bugs me way more than it probably should. (Maybe I can sell the DVD on eBay, or trade the DVD and the DVD case to somebody for the empty Blu-ray case?)

Oh, and "The Mission" (A Missão) was apparently backordered so it did not arrive before he left Brazil. It's one of the movies I was most looking forward to, but his friend will send it later.

There were a lot more that I wanted to buy, but they will have to wait for his next trip.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:32 PM   #2

Sep 2011
Recife-PE / Brazil
Send a message via ICQ to ThiagoPE Send a message via MSN to ThiagoPE Send a message via Skype™ to ThiagoPE

Disney here are doing that for its very few DVD + bluray combo packs, we, collectors, already sent a lot of messages saying we don't like this, but they keep using DVD cases for the combo packs.

You were impressed getting Disney for 7 dollars? During the black Friday deals (yes, now we have our very own black Friday) some of its movies were being sold by prices never saw here before, like 7BRL (less than 3 USD)! My shame was that all of them I already had
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Portuguese