Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Species 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
48 Hrs. / Another 48 Hrs. 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.99
3 hrs ago
Lifeforce 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
Candyman 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 day ago
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$82.26
18 hrs ago
The Craft 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
Cat People 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
Fall (Blu-ray)
$10.99
3 hrs ago
Bodies Bodies Bodies (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 hr ago
Escape from New York 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
12 Angry Men 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

House of the Dragon: The Complete First Season 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.50
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions

Old 04-20-2015, 02:45 AM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJez View Post
for me its enough cause there is also novamedia, kimchi and blu fans as well
Nova Media last Friday morning. Blufans mid-day today. Kimchi is Wednesday night. Where is my next Plain Archive fix?
Old 04-20-2015, 04:35 AM   #42

Apr 2011

Via Facebook:

"Our thoughts on Om Shanti Om"

'OM SHANTI OM' is a Bollywood movie as some of you may already know — a slight departure from our traditional “arthouse” releases.

The story-line is pretty straightforward as you’d expect from a Masala film. But the grand design / scale of the production with dance numbers will leave you enthralled. The story is set around the Bollywood industry itself, which is why we believe that it’s the perfect introduction to the genre if you’ve never seen a Bollywood film before.

An Indian film may not be your thing, but please keep an open mind to world cinema like Bollywood. Plain Archive does not solely focus on critically acclaimed arthouse films. Releasing a series of culturally-diverse films is more important to us. Even though we understand the lack in popularity, we won’t be pouring less effort into this release. In fact, we’ll be taking extra steps to ensure that we come up with the best possible edition. OM SHANTI OM was a big success in India, but also in Korea as well. Actors Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone are both huge stars of Bollywood.

If you are a Plain Archive fan from overseas, we expect most of you to not have seen the movie. But perhaps releasing an Indian film is something that we ought to ambitiously try at least once, given the opportunity. There’s no need to purchase all of our releases “to collect ‘em all”. On the contrary, we believe that it’s better if you buy the releases you want to watch. But halting your Plain Archive collection altogether because of OM SHANTI OM hurts our feelings. Plain Archive will always strive for producing quality Blu-ray editions of well-made films, that are worth watching. The packaging is merely an icing on the cake.

Best regards
PLAIN ARCHIVE
Thanks given by:
Lizard King (04-20-2015), madnaxal78 (05-08-2015), TheGeneral (04-20-2015)
Old 04-20-2015, 04:37 AM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Austin, TX

Threats after the ZDT preorder now claims that they won't support anymore because of this release. Why are some people such asses?
Old 04-20-2015, 01:52 PM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Myrtle Beach, SC

I'm actually really excited for Om Shanti Om. It will be the first Bollywood movie I see.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:14 PM   #45

Feb 2008

I have seen the movie and I did enjoy it. Yes it is cheesy, yes it is predictable, yes it is OTT ... but it is what it is. A Bollywood masala comedy, drama, thriller, musical. Pretty much every genre is thrown in to this movie.

If you are willing to take it for what it is - and not expect viewing it to be a life changing event ... then you can expect to be thoroughly entertained for the approx 3 hour running time.

I have the previous blu-ray release, but will probably pick this one up.

While I would have loved this first Bollywood release by Plain Archive to be a better movie (Pyaasa? Pakeezah? Mughal-E-Azam? Mother India? Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam? To name a few classics worthy of some magic) this movie is accessible - and contains the most basic elements of Bollywood masala ... a good entry to the lighter side of Indian cinema with a nod to the era of classics (the story is a blend of older Indian movies and has film making as the backdrop to the story).
Old 04-20-2015, 04:19 PM   #46
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2014
London, UK

I originally saw this film while I was in Goa, and it was crazy the hype this film got. I was initially shocked that Plain were releasing it but the packaging is awesome!
Old 04-20-2015, 09:55 PM   #47

Jul 2014
Pennsylvania

I watched about a half hour of this (most of which ended up being a musical sequence) and was massively entertained.their moves were like lightening and the cheesiness was not painful at all. Fully plan on buying this and open minds should definitely check it out. Poor Plain Archive shouldn't feel bad cuz of jerks.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:06 PM   #48
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Myrtle Beach, SC

Found this picture on their instagram along with #comingsummer.

Thanks given by:
madnaxal78 (05-08-2015)
Old 05-21-2015, 05:47 PM   #49

Apr 2015
America, Land of 'Eco'-packaging BS
-
-
-

While it's not my favorite Bollywood movie or even my favorite Shah Rukh Khan movie (which for both would be Dilwale Duhlania Le Jayenge), I enjoyed this quite a lot and the early artwork looks great. 1-click if I have the money for preorder night, otherwise I cross my fingers and hope all the whiners about this title leave enough copies for me to secure both versions before street date.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:52 PM   #50
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Austin, TX

Plain said on Facebook seven hours ago that this will be released in late September
Thanks given by:
DJJez (07-19-2015)
Old 07-19-2015, 03:17 PM   #51
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2011
Reading, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightslicesofpie View Post
Plain said on Facebook seven hours ago that this will be released in late September
nice.

so that means ida in august followed by om shanti om in september.

wonder what october, november and december will be im really hoping for oldboy before the end of the year.

Last edited by DJJez; 07-19-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:48 PM   #52

Apr 2015
-
-
-

Quote:
nice.

so that means ida in august followed by om shanti om in september.

wonder what october, november and december will be im really hoping for oldboy before the end of the year.
I thought Frank was supposed to be September, not that I care about it, but I do want the OSO 1-click. I will have to get at least one of the Idas. If I was rich I'd want Oldboy right away too, but I'd rather they put it off so I can afford the big 1-click on that and maybe also pick up a few Criterions from B&N in November if they have any more good non-dented digipacks in stock (I could only get 3 digipacks + 1 plastic keepcase from this current July sale).

Are we still guessing on TD,ON for this year since they've had in-hand pics up already?
Old 07-19-2015, 09:47 PM   #53
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2011
Reading, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optical Disc OCD View Post
I thought Frank was supposed to be September, not that I care about it, but I do want the OSO 1-click. I will have to get at least one of the Idas. If I was rich I'd want Oldboy right away too, but I'd rather they put it off so I can afford the big 1-click on that and maybe also pick up a few Criterions from B&N in November if they have any more good non-dented digipacks in stock (I could only get 3 digipacks + 1 plastic keepcase from this current July sale).

Are we still guessing on TD,ON for this year since they've had in-hand pics up already?
plain did say frank is coming in september so who knows. they seem all over the place when it comes to releases. they really need to start releasing more often as they have announced so much already.

if i had to guess i would say octobers release is two days one night as they have in hand pics already.

searching for sugarman is released at the end of this month then what plain normally do is wait a couple of weeks (they waited 20 days after only lovers left alive was released to start pre orders for SFSM) then start pre orders which dont go out for another month so i have no idea how we are going to have a release in august if they dont pull their finger out soon.

this is literally the only problem i have with plain archive is the lack of schedule which they wont share with the public.

just dont see how its possible we are going to get IDA, Om shanti and frank by end of september.

Last edited by DJJez; 07-19-2015 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:19 PM   #54
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009
Denver, CO

I have a feeling Frank could be a single edition. Just one option, not multiple types.
Thanks given by:
JPSB83 (07-23-2015)
Old 08-01-2015, 03:21 AM   #55

Apr 2015
-
-
-

Quote:
this is literally the only problem i have with plain archive is the lack of schedule which they wont share with the public.
I agree that it can be frustrating to not know release dates ahead of time (which Criterion is good at doing 3 months ahead of time unless something causes a delay for a title), but I get the feeling -- from all of Plain's work-in-progress pictures posted online -- that part of that may be due to them reworking the packaging til they get it just right. If that's the case, sometimes maybe it's worth a little wait to get a better product. I think OLLA turned out a lot better than early pictures suggested it would have since they seem to have rethought some things on that release, partially due to customer response online.

By comparison, Criterion releases maybe 3-5 titles a month, but only 1 version of packaging needs to be designed and some of those are less than desirable (Gate of Hell has some of the worst faux-Japanese coverart that I've ever seen) and now they've started cheapening the great booklets that they used to do by replacing them with mediocre fold-outs (the map for Time Bandits being an exception).
Old 08-19-2015, 08:34 AM   #56
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009
Denver, CO

Stunning keep case artwork.
Thanks given by:
BHolst (08-19-2015), HDDCS (08-22-2015), Hindustani (02-23-2016)
Old 08-19-2015, 08:39 AM   #57
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Send a message via MSN to BHolst

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsever View Post
[Show spoiler]

Stunning keep case artwork.
THAT is beautiful!!
Old 08-19-2015, 11:17 AM   #58
Special Member

Jul 2015
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHolst View Post
THAT is beautiful!!
Incredible artwork -- needs to come with a vinyl soundtrack
Old 08-19-2015, 01:28 PM   #59
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Austin, TX

Looks pretty great. Ready to get that red slip on my shelf ~
Old 08-19-2015, 01:58 PM   #60
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.

Looks really awesome, unfortunately this will be like Ida for me though. Love the packaging, but thought the film was so-so = No buy for me.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions

Tags
limited edition, numbered, om shanti om, plain archive