Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Naked Lunch 4K (Blu-ray)
£29.99
3 hrs ago
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.65

Naked Lunch (Blu-ray)
£24.99
1 day ago
House of the Dragon 4K (Blu-ray)
£40.00

Lovers Lane (Blu-ray)
£17.99
1 day ago
Maniac (Blu-ray)
£15.00
12 hrs ago
House of the Dragon (Blu-ray)
£25.00

The Hunger Games: Ultimate Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£68.54
22 hrs ago
Vigilante (Blu-ray)
£15.00
12 hrs ago
Fall (Blu-ray)
£10.00
12 hrs ago
In the Mood for Love (Blu-ray)
£17.99

The Matrix Resurrections 4K (Blu-ray)
£12.14
22 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 08-22-2016, 11:17 PM   #41

May 2016
Manchester, UK

I would love for these to have collector's numbers on the spines. I'm a sucker for collections (MoC being my baby)!
Old 08-22-2016, 11:37 PM   #42
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Very excited about this, they seem to be coming out in full swing as well.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:03 AM   #43
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010

Reading about Nick Wrigley's potential association with this label makes me less wary of any issues with them being legit. So with that out the way, this is so so beautiful even though I have some of these already from TT. The Sony vaults are officially open for business!
Old 08-23-2016, 12:09 AM   #44
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnord Prefect View Post
Those are two of the titles I'm definitely picking up.

If the quality of their releases stays at the level of those first 12 I'll probably want everything but as they're aiming to release 4 a month I've barely a cat in hell's chance of keeping up with the must haves, never mind upgrades and semi-blind buys.
Yeah, 4 a month is hugely ambitious for a new company. That's basically double Criterion's current output. Even Signal One have had to scale it back to 1-2 a month now (though I believe that's a very small operation). I'll be impressed if we get 2 titles per fortnight going forward, and completely overwhelmed (I already want 2 from October and 1 from December...bound to be at least one or two others in between that I want).

Also, if they're only doing Sony titles right now they might be a little more limited for choice this time next year, though maybe they're already negotiating deals with other studios? Who knows.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:10 AM   #45
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Sheffield

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin View Post
Reading about Nick Wrigley's potential association with this label makes me less wary of any issues with them being legit. So with that out the way, this is so so beautiful even though I have some of these already from TT. The Sony vaults are officially open for business!
Wrigley is definitely involved (albeit in a freelance capacity).
Thanks given by:
blueman_Richie (08-23-2016), nitin (08-23-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 12:11 AM   #46
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Sheffield

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapta View Post
Yeah, 4 a month is hugely ambitious for a new company. That's basically double Criterion's current output. Even Signal One have had to scale it back to 1-2 a month now (though I believe that's a very small operation). I'll be impressed if we get 2 titles per fortnight going forward, and completely overwhelmed (I already want 2 from October and 1 from December...bound to be at least one or two others in between that I want).

Also, if they're only doing Sony titles right now they might be a little more limited for choice this time next year, though maybe they're already negotiating deals with other studios? Who knows.
I have a feeling it's going to be two titles a month. Looks like Christine is catalogue number 1 and Body Double 2.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:16 AM   #47
Special Member

Dec 2015
Valkenvania

Body Double out on my birthday. Jesus want me to import it to the US!
Old 08-23-2016, 12:20 AM   #48
Blu-ray Archduke

Aug 2009
The Macroverse

I like 'em already.

Problem is, I already picked up the Australian release of Christine! Next thing you know, they'll be announcing Fright Night.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:33 AM   #49
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
United Kingdom

Christine, Body Double and 10 Rillington Place I will most definitely be picking up
Old 08-23-2016, 12:34 AM   #50
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013

Excellent news! Although nothing I'll be buying just yet.

I bought the bare-bones French Carlotta release of Body Double for 25 two months ago. And I'm more than happy with my German Chrisine.

I'll be keeping an eye though to see what comes next.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:45 AM   #51

Sep 2011
Default Contact details

Do they have a site?

What is their Twitter? Can't find it.

Are they based in Tunbridge Wells?
Old 08-23-2016, 12:46 AM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2015
Norwich

Looking at their Twitter...

This is the most exciting news for me since Criterion announced their UK releases early this year. Which is quite the compliment, given Arrow's announcements (like Dekalog, the Woody Allen sets, To Live and Die in LA), Criterion's US November slate, Scream Factory's Transformers: The Movie and The Man Who Fell to Earth and many other releases that got my pace beating fast as soon as I heard of them.

There's a lesson in holding off on importing. Body Double, Christine and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner were already on my wishlist, so I suppose waiting pays off! Whilst some members are aghast at the sight of the BBFC logo, I'd rather than the UK release so long as there's not too many drawbacks to it. Great to see there's no supplements being dropped, and I'm optimistic the ones without announced extras will be stacked.

10 Rillington Place and Bunny Lake is Missing have both been on my watchlist for a while, so it's great to hear I won't have to hunt out any ancient DVD copies, or hope that Netflix or MUBI add them to their catalogue. I'll probably pick up The Lady from Shanghai as well(es). I was initially surprised to see The Anderson Tapes on here - if only because MOC already released Lumet/Connery's other collaboration, The Offence, and I assumed it would already have had the same treatment - but that only justifies its inclusion here even more! It isn't at the top of my Lumet watchlist (12 Angry Men, Serpico, Fail Safe, The Pawnbroker and Prince of the City have priority, heck maybe even The Wiz), but its prescient exploration of surveillance seem to make it at least a worthy watch. Plus I dug early-to-mid 70s Connery in Zardoz as it is.

I know basically nothing about To Sir, With Love, but In the Heat of the Night was such a breathtaking experience that I need to see more of Sydney Poitier's work. Not heard of Happy Birthday to Me or Experiment in Terror before, but they seem my thing.

I literally just finished watching The Last Detail on MUBI before finding out this news! It's an incredible film (although not seen Ashby's Harold and Maude yet) and whilst I doubt I'll buy it unless there are some spectacular extras (Twilight Time's release only had a trailer and an isolated score; I can't imagine they'd get Nicholson for an interview but who knows), I can wholeheartedly recommend it to everyone who loves Nicholson, 70s American cinema or the "characters who don't want to be together but end up being friends" sort of comedy - I'm thinking of Planes, Trains and Automobiles and O Brother, Where Art Thou?. Not sure whether to watch Fat City on MUBI before it goes or wait for this release!

October's going to be an incredibly busy month - the first slate of releases, Dark Water, The Emigrants/The New Land, Dont Look Back, Aloys, The Man Who Fell to Earth, The Force Awakens 3D, the Preacher boxset, so anyway I'll try not to become justifiably distracted from my degree and strained on my wallet in the process!

Seems an awesome blend of Criterion's cases, Arrow's retro look, Signal One's love of original poster art, Twilight Time's catalogue and a touch of Eureka as well! I've no preference for original poster art (I love a lot of the new artwork commissioned for Arrow and Criterion), but it seems to work awesome on the covers we've seen.

Last edited by CelestialAgent; 08-23-2016 at 01:22 AM.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:01 AM   #53
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

MichaelB just posted over at the Criterion Forum that apparently this has been set up by "former Sony people", which makes complete sense looking at their initial lineup. I wonder how much Sony will be involved (i.e. presumably they won't be able to release anything Criterion UK have planned).

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamhopelies View Post
I have a feeling it's going to be two titles a month. Looks like Christine is catalogue number 1 and Body Double 2.
Their 'About' page says this though:

Quote:
Founded by industry veterans with a passion for physical media, Indicator aims to release four titles per month. Indicator editions will be expertly encoded using the finest available master materials, offer lovingly assembled extra features, carry new and improved English subtitles, and include accompanying booklets containing newly commissioned and contemporary writing.
They could well start with 4 a month, but I can see it dropping off to 2 or 3 in the new year. I'm fine with that, as obviously it would space them out a bit both for them and us - not only will it ensure quality product, but means we can hopefully keep up. Especially if their catalogue is going to be as strong as this, going forward.

Christine and Body Double as stellar titles to start on. Of the twelve, those are the two I would prioritise if I was running the label. So that's a great sign. Can't wait for The Last Detail either - been dying for more Hal Ashby since MoC did Harold and Maude (though I did hunt down an OOP copy of WB's Being There). Maybe MoC can get Bound for Glory or Coming Home...

PS: notice the dates for Christine and Body Double are different on their own site - October 24th. Guess we'll find out the actual dates on Friday, hopefully. Amazon release dates have changed about 3 or 4 times in the last few days.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:27 AM   #54
Blu-ray King

Mar 2012
New York City

This label went 0 to 100 real quick
Thanks given by:
donthitpause (08-23-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 03:44 AM   #55
Special Member

Sep 2009

I really do wish I'd found out about this a few weeks ago before I spent a small fortune on the Carlotta release of Body Double! SO typical!

I really, really hope they'll release 'The Fabulous Baker Boys' (another Twilight Time title in the US). That wonderful film needs some proper love.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:48 AM   #56
Power Member

Mar 2015
New Mexico, USA
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
This label went 0 to 100 real quick
Indeed. Stunning initial lineup, apparently very attractive pricing, all the extras you can imagine and legit people are involved. It's almost too good to be true. I wish them luck.
Thanks given by:
Blu MacReady (08-23-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 04:49 AM   #57

Jan 2010
New York

Big question will Happy Birthday To Me be the original UK release and VHS that had more gore with the weightlifting and shish-kebab scenes? All following releases have been the US R-rated version. And of course original score?
Thanks given by:
Arlington (08-23-2016), bailey1987 (08-23-2016), cropsy (08-23-2016), Graeme67 (08-24-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 04:52 AM   #58

Dec 2008
Dublin, Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
I like 'em already.

Problem is, I already picked up the Australian release of Christine! Next thing you know, they'll be announcing Fright Night.
If they do announce Fright Night, I'll have to starting eating just rice for a while.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:10 AM   #59
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapta View Post
So will this be just like Twilight Time then?
1. No. 5000 units is more or less a standard run for a catalog title in the UK. In the U.S. 5000 units for a deep catalog title is also fine.

2. Initial information indicates that the price tag won't be artificially inflated. Obviously, these will be sold at major retailers like Amazon.

3. It appears that there will be a solid selection of valuable supplemental content on these releases as well.

4. I am fairly certain that ALL titles from this label will have optional English SDH subtitles, which is not the case with Twilight Time's releases.
Thanks given by:
donthitpause (08-23-2016), Fnord Prefect (08-23-2016), Margot Robbie Fan (08-23-2016), Morriford (08-23-2016), rapta (08-23-2016), Ste7en (08-23-2016), theduder (08-23-2016), Wes Blu-ray (08-23-2016), Witchfinger Generous (08-23-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 05:26 AM   #60
Power Member

Aug 2007
New York, NY, US

Subtitles on all releases is quite standard for releases from the UK. There's no reason as to why a UK label *wouldn't* include subs as standard.
Thanks given by:
nitin (08-23-2016)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland